corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa is up for sale...(Scooby purchased and collected)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa is up for sale...(Scooby purchased and collected)
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jul 14 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
If the engine has only covered 12k I'd see that as a plus. The fact it's a bug would put me off, since you can get them cheaper. That's blob money.

bug-eye ones are not bothering me as much anymore, the fact it has a newish engine, coilovers and my preferred set of tyres already there isn't anything for me to do to it, I could start enjoying it straight off the bat, if I could get him down to 5450 or there abouts I might buy it
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hated bugs way back when, but they've most certainly got a lot of appeal with me now.

I think that one looks like a good car, as Brett says it's Blob money... but It's not fresh rebuild/clean Blob money as I'm finding after looking for you over the last few days.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny how they say it's an unmodified car tho
flybikeslee

8th Jul 14 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone mentioned a s2000?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I hated bugs way back when, but they've most certainly got a lot of appeal with me now.

I think that one looks like a good car, as Brett says it's Blob money... but It's not fresh rebuild/clean Blob money as I'm finding after looking for you over the last few days.

my thoughts exactly, does tick all the boxes, but cant do anything until the weekend, probs be sold by then, all the ones on scoobynet are on for like a day and they are gone! lol

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Funny how they say it's an unmodified car tho

I was thinking that, seeing as its dyno'd at just over 300brake with AD08 tyres and adjustable coilovers
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th Jul 14 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
anyone mentioned a s2000?

yes Lee

no thankyou
flybikeslee

9th Jul 14 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but what about a s2000?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Jul 14 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

psycho sport

9th Jul 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've owned both 200sx and a 2005 impreza wrx wagon.

By far my favourite was the impreza, sc36 turbo, few other supporting mods and not the best exhaust system and it was running 335 bhp. Great fun car and you get the sure footedness of the 4wd system.

200sx are nice cars but wouldn't choose to get another!
flybikeslee

9th Jul 14 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

merc of some kind?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Jul 14 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
merc of some kind?

not a chance, absolutely detest Mercs, not a fan, never have been, never will

only 3 Mercs I would ever own (of course if I had money to burn lol)
restored E190 Cosworth
Merc McClaren SLR
300SL Gullwing

rest I do not like at all
GB123
Premium Member

9th Jul 14 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even a C63?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Jul 14 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Not even a C63?

nope mercs just dont do it for me
SteveoBC
Premium Member

12th Jul 14 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool got my money lined up, currently on the look out for a decent Wrx Sti, bug eye or blob eye I'm not fussed, budget was 5k but can stretch a little if it means getting an Sti

Corsas up for sale if anyone wants it
AK

14th Jul 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5k should get you a decent 2dr STi TypeR

Best of the classics, decent kit as standard (forged engine, slightly better gearbox, DCCD etc etc)

Mine was ~5k when I bought it... and saw our old Black one for about 3k a year ago. It was immaculate when we sold it, but no idea what it was like now.

I've had 3 STi 4 typeRs now.... great cars

They are expensive, yes .... BUT cost a fraction of the price compared to a GTR. They are VERY comparable to EVOs... ignore internet scaremongering.

Track work? Serious track use on sticky tyres? If so... you really would want to consider some oil surge prevention for Impreza or Evo
SteveoBC
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been able to stretch the budget a little AK but blob eyes are starting to fall into my price range, sti type r's look good but really like the look of blob eyes
SteveoBC
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
5k should get you a decent 2dr STi TypeR

Track work? Serious track use on sticky tyres? If so... you really would want to consider some oil surge prevention for Impreza or Evo

Id say A/B road blasts and track days when and where I can

Will keep the oil surge prevention in mind, cheers Ak

Best preventive stuff, baffled sump or anything else I should know?
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jul 14 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK Blows engines up with baffled sumps, but the only real alternative is about £3k worth of dry sump setup

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
AK Blows engines up with baffled sumps, but the only real alternative is about £3k worth of dry sump setup

I was afraid you were going to say that lol, not spending 3k
Ellis

16th Jul 14 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll sell you my P1...
BarnshaW

16th Jul 14 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is your budget Steveo? as AK said you could probably get a nice type r (albeit getting on a bit now) or a higher mileage blob, There are still good ones about, just have to be quick and be willing to travel at the drop of a penny.

I managed to get mine in March before the guy put the for sale ad up, got a 1 owner blob jdm sti with 36k, immaculate for 7k.

Keep an eye out of the scooby sites and message people privately, seems like there are now tons of companies (C Performance, Nas peformance, Hurst Cars) all buying the blob stis then sticking them straight up on the forecourts for 2k more, have to be quick to beat these guys.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did see that
C performance, Hurst Cars and Boys Toys all seem to have the good ones

Budget is 6-6.5 (hoping to go for a 7k car and barter them down)

really want a blob eye now, but my weekends are choc a block for the next 2 weekends (birthdays, engagement dos and the like)
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheshire performance near me is annoying as fuck for that. As soon as I see one for sale, they've already snapped it up. Give it a polish and whack a few K on the price. The amount of scoobs I've seen on gumtree with shit ads then they've appeared on their website with imaginative stories and bullshit BHP figures is unreal.
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about a bughawk? Didn't realise you could do this tbh, looks well. Bradistan tho.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251586683410

[Edited on 16-07-2014 by Brett]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did see that but want a uk spec, unmolested one if I can tbh

there is a P1 aswell on there for 6995, im tempted but torn between that an a genuine blob eye

its annoying as fuck as I cant go view any of them for the next 2 weeks...have to sit and wait

pissing me off a little bit but will have to be patient, the right one will pop up soon enough when im ready

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa is up for sale...(Scooby purchased and collected) 23 database queries in 0.0133290 seconds