corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SAVED TWO PEOPLS LIVES TODAY.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SAVED TWO PEOPLS LIVES TODAY.......
Makarus

User status: Offline
15th Oct 03 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never had a need for the police, they have caused me more hassle than good.

I was one night having a fight with someone, the fight had started because the other lad was drunk and had decided to kick off with someone, I tried to break it up and he started on me, the police knew he was a trouble maker and were sat in their car watching about 10m away, he hit me a few time and when I got my balance I hit him back, that was when they joined in, to stop me from hitting him but it was fine for him to hit me. No respect for them at all.

It may be a challenge, but I would say the great challenge is no the job more like public opinion.

I cant tell you what the proceedures are as I have no interest in them, I do know though that people are told to stay in their car unless asked to get out, and if they do get out then force can be used to restrain them for the protection of the officer.
Romford Astra

15th Oct 03 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Police dont deserve over time for doing something that is really a part of their job, would I get anything for reacting the same way in the same situation.....no.

being off duty is not part of my job, get it right.

just like being at home when work calls you to come in to help on a bank holiday, they pay you double, but why when its already part of your job??

just because its a bank holiday????
Robbo

15th Oct 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Romford Astra

big car crash and I saved this woman and her mum, they were heavily bleeding and the old lady was unconcious, Id finished work and was on my way home when I saw this van drive straight into them through a red light.....speeding aswell i might add.

was on Metropoliton police ground aswell so thats an automatic 8 hours overtime

arent you all proud

Quality mate
Robbo

15th Oct 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS... its peoples
Makarus

15th Oct 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A different matter my friend.

I have before gone into work just because I am passing, something has gone off meaning they need a hand for an hour or 2, so I stay and help out, refuse pay for it and say "DOnt worry, you owe me a favour" and thats the end of.

I am off out now so I may be a while before I return to continue this arguement Gonna miss it
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Do you know another reason why i don't really like the police Romford?

Last year i applyed(sp) for a job.I got to speak to the cheif superintendent who told me to my face i could not become a police officer because i have a tattoo that comes below my sleeve level.

For all they know i could have been the best copper they ever had.I am fit, the right height and more than inteligent enough for the job.

Discrimination no?

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by CORSA NUT]

you think that is discrimination?? try over here in our country

total new recruits have to be 50% catholic and 50% OTHER!! even though there are about 55% protestants in n.ireland this is seen as fair? i think not. It pisses me off coz i want to join but i have a lesser chance due to my age and background even though i don't go to church and don't consider myself secterian. I am now at uni and when i get my degree i am going to try to get in

A family member of mine applied for a role in the administration part of the psni got through several stages of tests etc but when all were completed she got a letter back saying that her test results were well above the mark required but due to this new legislation she could not be hired doesnt make sense to me
big eck

15th Oct 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kerzo
quote:

Last year i applyed(sp) for a job.I got to speak to the cheif superintendent who told me to my face i could not become a police officer because i have a tattoo that comes below my sleeve level.

For all they know i could have been the best copper they ever had.I am fit, the right height and more than inteligent enough for the job.

Discrimination no?

total new recruits have to be 50% catholic and 50% OTHER!! even though there are about 55% protestants in n.ireland this is seen as fair? i think not. It pisses me off coz i want to join but i have a lesser chance due to my age and background even though i don't go to church and don't consider myself secterian. I am now at uni and when i get my degree i am going to try to get in

A family member of mine applied for a role in the administration part of the psni got through several stages of tests etc but when all were completed she got a letter back saying that her test results were well above the mark required but due to this new legislation she could not be hired doesnt make sense to me

I know what you mean m8, I was in n ireland last year and the difference in the wee towns was unreal, some painted in tri-colours and some in red, white and blue, the police stations fukin look like top security jails, the cops over here would'nt know what hit them.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Oct 03 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have never had a need for the police, they have caused me more hassle than good.

Makarus, I'll remind you of that one day. You sound a complete idiot in this post. They gave you a producer once and also one retaliated when you called on a pig? I'm not surprised with the amount of contempt you have demonstrated in a number of comments!

At the end of the day, they are an authority and you ideally want to be acting with them not against! I don't agree with police brutality but that's unfortunately the society that we live in. Act hard or loose the grip completely.

Anyway, back to topic, excellent work Pete. Your overtime will go some way to compensating not only your time at this accident but also your dedication to and ability within job as a whole. Human nature say this is a pleasant surprise to realise you're getting some, not the motive for stopping in the first place! Am I being too objective?

Well done anyway
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Makarus, I'll remind you of that one day. You sound a complete idiot in this post. They gave you a producer once and also one retaliated when you called on a pig? I'm not surprised with the amount of contempt you have demonstrated in a number of comments!

At the end of the day, they are an authority and you ideally want to be acting with them not against! I don't agree with police brutality but that's unfortunately the society that we live in. Act hard or loose the grip completely.

Anyway, back to topic, excellent work Pete. Your overtime will go some way to compensating not only your time at this accident but also your dedication to and ability within job as a whole. Human nature say this is a pleasant surprise to realise you're getting some, not the motive for stopping in the first place! Am I being too objective?

Well done anyway

well said, with comments like that you could own this site
CORSA NUT

15th Oct 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kerzo
quote:

Discrimination no?

Kin ell that don't sound to good mate
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye she's got 2 degrees as well and has been temporary bank manager etc but no joy
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa16v2ltrturb
the police wernt there to save my mate who was in a crash a few weeks ago, took them well over 40 minutes to arrive and even longer for the ambulance, and by then it was 2 late.

sorry to hear
T1NK

15th Oct 03 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

miss him loads
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just one of life's unfortunate moment's isn't it?
T1NK

15th Oct 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i guess. Why does life have to be so cruel tho
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

15th Oct 03 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people dont know what to do in a crash, some just are in shock, arrived just afta one a week ago and otha ppl were just standing there frozen, straight onto ambulance coz guy was in a bad way. lucky coz it arrived within a minute
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has it's ups and downs and they usually even themselves out. it'll be alright in the end and if it's not alright, it's not the end
T1NK

15th Oct 03 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no dissrepect to coppers but a sniff of a cruise or a few mates having a laugh in a carpark and there there in seconds, something more serious and the turn up when they feel like it
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa16v2ltrturb
no dissrepect to coppers but a sniff of a cruise or a few mates having a laugh in a carpark and there there in seconds, something more serious and the turn up when they feel like it

thats not true...they will always know where a cruise is and most likely a pile of neds doing burnouts handbrakes etc which is for everyone's safety.

they can never know where a traffic accidnet will take place and how much congestion there is to get through etc
T1NK

15th Oct 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true. im just looking for someone to blame i guess.
kerzo

15th Oct 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but like the name of it suggests it is an accident and they happen....just one of the risks of being a motorist
T1NK

15th Oct 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i suppose
Sam
Premium Member

16th Oct 03 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although we might not see eye to eye on many things, Pete, I take my hat off to you (if I had one), well done mate.

At the end of the day, for all your ignorant biggots out there, Pete was off duty, he didn't HAVE to go and help those injured people, he WANTED to, just like I would if a similar situation happened to me.

I somehow doubt he thought "oooh people injured/dying = lots of overtime for me if I help!"...

Fair enough, there are some right wankers in the police force, but they aren't all like that. It's all well and good for some people on here to say things like "I hate pigs, I got a producer and I wasn't doing anything or whatever", but as they say, there are always two sides to a story. I don't doubt that in some cases people may be justified at having a dim view of the police based on bad personal experiences from power-mad officers, but I suspect there are some of us that shall we say, distort the truth a little, in an effort to justify their unfounded hatred for the police, because them and their pikey mates are intellectually challenged or bored or whatever, and feel the need to mock authority for the sake of it.

It makes me sick, hearing some of you saying this guy went to help out purely for financial reasons. Grow up you fucking ignorant muppets!
Stuckey

16th Oct 03 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Evisu
Never there to stop people gettin raped etc

its not like they know when and where someone is gonna get raped, so they cant really plan ahead to be there when it happens
Robbo

16th Oct 03 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
It makes me sick, hearing some of you saying this guy went to help out purely for financial reasons. Grow up you fucking ignorant muppets!

Well said

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » SAVED TWO PEOPLS LIVES TODAY....... 22 database queries in 0.0193560 seconds