corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Apr 12 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dude its comments and appreciation like that make it worth while. i figured i may as well try and make good of this shell rather than re-shell it because its pretty mint underneath and i couldn't find a better replacement.

Yeah, the steering wheel is a Vectra B GSi one with all the radio controls wired up.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Jon_C
Premium Member

27th Apr 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any sign of your plates yet mate???
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Apr 12 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, they came today. Bro's took some pictures and sent them to me as i'm down in kent for a few days. I'll take a proper look at them when im back but they look spot on, they just need the edge chamfering a bit but should be no bother to do. Cheers Jon, appreciate it

Jon_C
Premium Member

29th Apr 12 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah nice one. Glad they made it ok. I picked the cheapest option at the post office. The package was a lot heavier than I expected it to be
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick lil update. Started on the centre caps that Jon very kindly made up, they just need the edge chamfered a bit to sit in the recess properly, so got them on the bench grinder to quickly shape them up. Here's how they sit so far, still need a lil bit of work but easily sorted.

Plan is to secure them in the standard mounting hole with some counter sunk stainless bolts polished up nice. Should look the tits.

Also, managed to wire up my gauges and the heater panel lighting so here's a quick illumination shot

The heater panel still has the shitty small green LED's in and one doesn't work, these will be replaced with some more white SMD LED's so should be well illuminated when done. Gonna look into making the dials a bit brighter too and possibly look into making the needles illuminated but havent thought too much about that yet. I'm trying to get all the illumination throughout the car matching as close as possible between green and white, all switches, courtesy lights etc so it all has a uniform modern feel with a twist.

nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dials look good lit up and they look great in the day too. Really clean fit, looks very OEM For the centre cap bolts get some gold ones to match the rest of the wheel bolts

MX5 Project Thread
Jon_C
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah cool. They look like they fit quite well on there. Glad they worked out for ya
DanCobb

4th May 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of lights in there
Paul_JC

4th May 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Paul, are you gauges just front&rear or are they dual needle ones?
Paul W
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Dials look good lit up and they look great in the day too. Really clean fit, looks very OEM For the centre cap bolts get some gold ones to match the rest of the wheel bolts

Cheers dude well happy with the fitment of the gauges. As for the bolts, i can't find any gold ones with decent heads so i've purchased some stainless ones, i have been looking into maybe getting the heads Ti-Ni plated but would have to find somewhere that could do it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Ah cool. They look like they fit quite well on there. Glad they worked out for ya

Yup, they're spot on Jon, sit exactly how i wanted, they'll be perfect when they're finished

quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb
alot of lights in there

Yup, is a fair bit. That pic was with the glovebox open as well so you could see the headunit colour match with the green switches. I don't find them that off putting tbh, i find it generally a nicer place to be than with the dull ghey yellow lights

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
Looking good Paul, are you gauges just front&rear or are they dual needle ones?

Cheers Paul They be dual needle ones

Paul_JC

4th May 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh good stuff, where did you get them as gaz might be after some soon
Paul W
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got them from ride and drop, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired tbh. Plus these are mechanical gauges, Gaz would be better off with electric ones wouldn't he as he's gonna be running electric valves?

Space Cadet

4th May 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't looked at this car for ages but wow! Changed a lot since I last looked and that interior looks amazing - wasn't sure on the colours at first but think it looks amazing now.

Top Job

PS; Have you got a link to the SMD's you bought for the dash?

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by Space Cadet]
DanCobb

4th May 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha does it get annoying reaching over for the stereo? , looks better in there mind. Wheels look good also! When are they going on?
Paul_JC

4th May 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
I got them from ride and drop, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired tbh. Plus these are mechanical gauges, Gaz would be better off with electric ones wouldn't he as he's gonna be running electric valves?

That was gonna be my next question mate lol
But yeh gaz will be best off with electric ones saves running airlines to the dash.

quote:
Haha does it get annoying reaching over for the stereo? , looks better in there mind. Wheels look good also! When are they going on?

I'm guessing you hadn't noticed the steering wheel controls mate?
Paul W
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Space Cadet
Haven't looked at this car for ages but wow! Changed a lot since I last looked and that interior looks amazing - wasn't sure on the colours at first but think it looks amazing now.

Top Job

PS; Have you got a link to the SMD's you bought for the dash?

[Edited on 04-05-2012 by Space Cadet]

Cheers dude it has changed a lot, but is still going through a lot of changes. I got all the SMD's from crazy LED's, top service from them.

quote:

lol that would be hella dangerous, as Paul said, got the steering wheel controls wired up so i don't need to reach over, can control it all without even taking my eyes off the road. Only time i do need to fiddle with it is to play with the equalizer and stuff, then i'll just be parked up and sit in the passenger seat Wheels will be going on as soon as they're painted and all built up, hopefully soon .

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
quote:

That was gonna be my next question mate lol
But yeh gaz will be best off with electric ones saves running airlines to the dash.

Yeah a lot tidier then, plus i don't think it'd be very easy at all running mechanical ones if the valves are in the boot air lines everywhere

Paul W
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the centre caps drilled and counter sunk today so tried them on with the new bolts to hold them in

Hellaflush! gonna start prepping them and the wheels and hopefully get them primed in etch or epoxy primer if i can find a supplier/somewhere to purchase some. Also need to order some plastic primer for the bumpers etc too so i can make a start on those as well.

Been doing some work in the interior too to spec it up a bit and add a few modern touches, but that will possibly be staying under wraps, as far as im aware no-one else has done it in a corsa b

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like the sound of these interior touches!

The centers look great!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Damon.c

9th May 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul give nu again in bedford a go for etch mate.
would think there have it in there pretty good and prob the best local to us for paint and prep etc
Paul W
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl i've probably made it sound more exciting than it is tbh, but i think it's quite a trick little touch

Cheers Damon, i'll have a look

Jamie-C

10th May 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see these interior touches
Brederin

14th May 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Little teaser. Front air installed. Could still go a few inches lower as far as wheel clearance is concerned, the limiting factor seems to be the bag itself. Gonna see if i can get the shock shortened/the bag perch lowered to get them few extra inches although need to find a place to do it first

what size wheels are these?

nevermind just found the post that says it!

[Edited on 14-05-2012 by Brederin]
custom_corsa

14th May 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of measurements are your struts just now paul?

ive sent all my measurements off for air and im getting around 136mm from middle of the top strut bolt to top of the tyre is that where yours is measured from?
Paul W
Premium Member

14th May 12 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones in that video were something silly like 175mm from top hole to bottom of the bag perch. That's how i've been told to measure it

Paul W
Premium Member

17th May 12 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bazinga!

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0277791 seconds