corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***

New Poll
  <<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 - ***Monza - 20th Jan!!***
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 10 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will get there james.
Paul_J

23rd Nov 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
By the way Paul, was using the wheel last night, got much more used to it. Still cant match Chris' speed though.

Cool. Yeah thats the thing with gaming wheels, there's a degree of mental adjustment to it. I feel the same using the wheel on Force Feedback strength 10 as driving a real car, but it's really my mind that has learnt to use a the game wheel in a certain (gentle way).

The worst thing in GT5 with wheels is if you get a tank slapper on it can yank the wheel out of your hand, the trick is to be smooth with it though.

Chris is fast at GT5 / any game with a wheel anyway, but don't forget he's had months going around those particular circuits / driving those cars. There'll be points he'll be making up time where you're braking early etc.

Like on Suzuka East, there's a trick to getting a fast lap time, by carrying loads of speed into the first bend, then braking for the 2nd apex. If you try to drive it normally you'll be way off the pace.

It should be good when we've all adjusted a bit to driving it... Go and do a 'online track day' round the ring
Russ

23rd Nov 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robin has a copy
mattievRS

23rd Nov 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well postman has been and nothing again! God dammit.
Butler

23rd Nov 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
By the way Paul, was using the wheel last night, got much more used to it. Still cant match Chris' speed though.

Cool. Yeah thats the thing with gaming wheels, there's a degree of mental adjustment to it. I feel the same using the wheel on Force Feedback strength 10 as driving a real car, but it's really my mind that has learnt to use a the game wheel in a certain (gentle way).

The worst thing in GT5 with wheels is if you get a tank slapper on it can yank the wheel out of your hand, the trick is to be smooth with it though.

Chris is fast at GT5 / any game with a wheel anyway, but don't forget he's had months going around those particular circuits / driving those cars. There'll be points he'll be making up time where you're braking early etc.

Like on Suzuka East, there's a trick to getting a fast lap time, by carrying loads of speed into the first bend, then braking for the 2nd apex. If you try to drive it normally you'll be way off the pace.

It should be good when we've all adjusted a bit to driving it... Go and do a 'online track day' round the ring

Can't wait to do that. Hopefully there will be a dc2

I was around 800th in the world when I went to bed so I can't be doing all that bad anyway.

The one annoying thing I have found is that when the back end steps out, you keep your foot planted but the power drops and the car reacts as if you have lifted off, its really frustrating because you have to really fight to keep the car on the road and you lose a hell of a lot of time. I hope this is fixed in the proper game - and yes that is with traction control off.
Russ

23rd Nov 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty
shopto in future
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
robin has a copy

Yep. PS3 is 55 miles away though
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea paul is right, i know gt5's physics system pretty well so i know that i can get away with things that a new comer wouldnt. the last corner at suzuka east you can cut the grass and it saves about 200th just because of the line.

im not that fast really tho, you get people who can do a hot lap in 3 laps but they wouldnt be able to string together 10 laps and be within 10th of their top time, yet it will take me 30 but all my laps are very consistant.

i hardly ever win 3 lap races, i just dont get into the groove.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines at home.. maybe i should pick the car up tomorrow instead.... haha
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
who did you order it with dan?

Zavvi

Always order from them as so far always been day or two before release!

Away home soon to play! Finally an justify buying my PS3 all those years ago!!!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jamie-C

23rd Nov 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazon one Chris or the other one?

No sign of mine yet
Jamie-C

23rd Nov 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Postman just came, no game
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazon. plays wont be here till tomorrow.
Butler

23rd Nov 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesnt look much different to prologue really, looking forward to having a go though. No sign of mine still.
mattievRS

23rd Nov 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk

That makes me feel a bit better as i was beginning to think the postman had robbed mine! lol

Email from play said it was posted on fri night so was getting a bit worried
Paul_J

23rd Nov 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m17tty

I'm still waiting ffs...
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

23rd Nov 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The one annoying thing I have found is that when the back end steps out, you keep your foot planted but the power drops and the car reacts as if you have lifted off, its really frustrating because you have to really fight to keep the car on the road and you lose a hell of a lot of time. I hope this is fixed in the proper game - and yes that is with traction control off.

Odd, sounds like you have some form of driver aid on there.

Did you have the wheel set to 'simulation' and the car physics set to Professional / Simulation and traction control off and anti spin recovery off?

Paul_J

23rd Nov 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wtf.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my post has been and its not here so it will turn up tomorrow.
Paul_J

23rd Nov 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my post has been and its not here so it will turn up tomorrow.

what as in royal fucking poxy mail. they came in the morning, the useless pricks.
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the online portion looks great paul, you can even turn on realistic grip levels for the dry line and track edge (ie marbles etc)
3CorsaMeal

23rd Nov 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i've lost place of this thread now, what i'm looking to find out is what happened with the steering wheel paul sold, and was the mystery of the wire coming out of the front and plugging into the rear solved?
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Nov 10 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

butler has the wheel.

we dont know about the wire, but i think it was the power cable just trapped under the unit making it look like it came out of the wheel.
Paul_J

23rd Nov 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the online portion looks great paul, you can even turn on realistic grip levels for the dry line and track edge (ie marbles etc)

What about in the wet... in the wet the best line would be around the outside away from the rubber... I bet it's not that fucking clever

<<  37    38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll