corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK

New Poll
  <<  38    39    40    41    42    43    44  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Aug 07 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THE other project?
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
underseal the shell, on the cards??

what and add all that extra weight! nope!

jim, sorry about the rust
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
THE other project?

i would say THE project, but i feel my project is more important than "his"
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh, and if anyone knows how to get the fuel filler pipe off, let us know

piece of piss, there is a screw under the rubber seal round the fuel cap, then just unclip the rest of the pipe work
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't find a screw, but I'll have a look tomorrow and get it off one way or another
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. alot has changed since i saw this last sat. carbon fibre flooring going in?
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that space will be filled with a 2.7 bi-tubro audi s4 engine..........

nah sadly not, the way i want to do the floor means to resheet it in metal, cant afford carbon. not really done for weight saving, more for the location of my fuel supply! removing the sunroof aswell, that will be replaced with some carbon.

really shouldnt have dug the plasma cutter out, its an awesome bit of kit..........
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. it certainly looks like you enjoyed yourself. i think i need to keep an eye on my car when its in next to make sure parts dont get cut off it lol
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl, trust me, im going ot buy sheets of metal just to cut it up with the plasma!
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to get those rear seat brackets off tomorrow
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Need to get those rear seat brackets off tomorrow

i could do with doing this
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spot weld drill for robin again then! i have a few brackets in the engine bay that need removing, also need to plate over a few holes......
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got your head yet?
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still waiting on spring caps to be machined, or engine could get fitted, would be a big leap forward as i need to pipe up my dry sump tank
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I was thinking.

Shame
Robin
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We could lob the bottom end in, then do the pipes then pull the bottom end back out maybe, if we/you can be arsed
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, jamie is sorting the spring caps out, he does keep trying ot get them done but the machine shop is a bit manic at the moment
broster
Premium Member

nah, keeping the negine out so i can time it all up properly then pipe it all up in one hit
Matt L

15th Aug 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks fooking cool, i read your other post about the plasma cutter and thought you were splitting . cant wait to see this done
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
nah, keeping the negine out so i can time it all up properly then pipe it all up in one hit

sounds like a plan. i thought the bottom end was already in there as the front wasnt sitting very high last sat
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james, its on coilovers, wound down lowish just for kicks......
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that explains it then!hope there is going to be plenty of progress for when i pop up next. not sure when yet tho
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Aug 07 at 03:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mark and robin, you pair of bloody nutters
Robin
Premium Member

16th Aug 07 at 04:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's worse than me, I had to stop him before he cut too much out.

I'm sure if I hadn't been there, he would have cut the complete inner rear quarters out on both sides

I think I've gone soft in my old age

[Edited on 16-08-2007 by Robin]
broster
Premium Member

16th Aug 07 at 06:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james, believe me there will be some interesting progress next week! sadly jamie is only offering me guidance at the moment as he is working on something else but hopefully after the weekend he will have a bit of time to finish some bits off for me.

robin, i recon by the time you get to me today ill have cut out a fair bit more....

<<  38    39    40    41    42    43    44  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Index page1 Monster rebuild update BREAKING FOR PARTS!!!! SEE PAGE 1 FOR ADVERT LINK 23 database queries in 0.0255880 seconds