corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  38    39    40    41    42    43    44  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
Marc

User status: Offline
17th Sep 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was kind of hoping for a different back as I liked the way the cases fitted 3G's. Have an Incipio NGP on mine at the moment and its ok aside from it gives a bit down the side and dirt can get in. Feather is better but doesn't fully cover around sides.
A2H GO

17th Sep 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Ed's on the right path with this inductive charging shizzle.

Im talking about today, now, not some future coffee bean deal or concept videos.

If I have a mobile phone with conductive charging capability in my hand right now, what possible benefit/cost saving/convenience/time saving do I have over a standard charger given I've just paid extra for it?

Did you miss Balling's post? Or are you actually mentally slow?

Let's be honest Ash, you're so blinkered by Apple that you'd be furious wanking into that FatBoy pillow and all the wireless charging glory if Apple stuffed it into the iPhone 5

Will somebody answer my question?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Balling
I'm choosing the 5 as I need a new phone to replace and old 4 and have been happy about the iPhones. Also, the transit from one iPhone to another is just a matter of turning the new one on and downloading the backup. I'm all about hassle free these days and don't want to bother with exporting / importing all my contacts, email, settings etc. Spec list of the 5 seems fine to me and perfectly on par with the current standards.

echoes my thoughts exactly so I will probably follow suit, my contract is up November.

yeah i hate having to transfer all my contacts everytime i change android phone!!

typing in my email address is a pain in the arse
fazza

17th Sep 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by fazza
Check out my thread in 'Speculative Sales' I will have some pretty good deals on the i5

Couple I checked look exactly the same as direct from the network?

Pretty good deals then

Edit - problem is apple limit what we can and cannot do so there isnt much play with the figures

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by fazza]
Dom

17th Sep 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Im talking about today, now, not some future coffee bean deal or concept videos.

If I have a mobile phone with conductive charging capability in my hand right now, what possible benefit/cost saving/convenience/time saving do I have over a standard charger given I've just paid extra for it?

Let's be honest Ash, you're so blinkered by Apple that you'd be furious wanking into that FatBoy pillow and all the wireless charging glory if Apple stuffed it into the iPhone 5

Already been answered

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by Dom]
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
yeah i hate having to transfer all my contacts everytime i change android phone!!

typing in my email address is a pain in the arse
I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean it as an advantage of the iPhone over any other phone, just that I like how easy it is to change within the one brand.

I don't like messing about with new hardware and setting everything up the way I like it. Going on to another iPhone means exactly that. Download backup and everything from contacts to ring tone is exactly the way I want it.

How other manufacturers do it, I have no clue.

Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How do you pay extra for it?

I know of no phone, where it's an optional extra?

Marc

17th Sep 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A2H GO

17th Sep 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Already been answered

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by Dom]

Where
A2H GO

17th Sep 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The extra cost of incuding the technology within the device will be reflected in the overall price.
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The extra cost of incuding the technology within the device will be reflected in the overall price.
Is it, though?

Dom

17th Sep 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob_Quads

17th Sep 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the iPhone 5 has been that complete flop that was expected. Only 2 million sold in 24 hours lol

Share price just keeps rising!
Whittie

17th Sep 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly hit $700 on opening.
ed

17th Sep 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even Ian's impressed with how they're doing: https://www.facebook.com/iangriff/posts/10151210409526639
sc0ott

17th Sep 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How well are they doing compared to previous iphones?

Show me some figures
Whittie

17th Sep 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/apple-iphone-5-pre-orders-top-2-million-in-first-day
mwg

17th Sep 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do people get bothered about Samsung, HTC etc. share prices around phone launches? Apple seem to really get everyone going in one way or another, you never see anything like the same amount of fuss about any other phone!
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 12 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Facebook post related to the price during the launch, every time something new appeared on the blog feed and it wasn't all that special, the price went down.

Its well recovered now though, shot right up.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its starting. S3 had a bit of hype, more than the S2 anyway.

Intelligent people are moving to android so the hype will increase as time goes on imo.
A2H GO

17th Sep 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Is it, though?

Please don't make me spell out the simple laws of retail too. I've already wasted enough time explaining why inductive charging is, as of today, pointless and I'm yet to recieve a single valid argument confirming otherwise.
Dom

17th Sep 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Is it, though?

Please don't make me spell out the simple laws of retail too. I've already wasted enough time explaining why inductive charging is, as of today, pointless and I'm yet to recieve a single valid argument confirming otherwise.

No you chose to ignore the answers, slight difference.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could've done with inductive charging when i passed out in bed sat night to find my phone on teh floor with a flat battery on sunday morning.

Inductive charging floor ftw
ed

17th Sep 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could sell the technology at a loss if they saw their was another way to recoup the investment. PS3+BluRay player anyone? There's much more to it that 'simple laws'.

<<  38    39    40    41    42    43    44  >>

New Poll