corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread sponsored by Man Utd's away strip

New Poll
  <<  38    39    40    41    42    43  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Thread sponsored by Man Utd's away strip
Ben D

User status: Offline
12th May 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll agree on the most part that we haven't made any massive signings in a while apart from Berba, Valencia & most recently Chicharito & smalling [who have all been impressive tbh]

Chelsea' main fault wa thinning their squad so much in the summer & not replacing them too.

However, we may not have replaced CR7 & Tevez but we're doing just as well without them, this year we have reached the CL final, the Fa Semi Final, & all but won the Prem.
mwg

12th May 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want loads of easy games where we completely demolish the opposition & win the league with 5 games to go. None of this down to the wire business that makes it more interesting for the neutral, it just stresses me out
mwg

12th May 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are a different side without Ronnie. More of a team instead of relying on him to bang the goals in. Would still have him back in a heartbeat though
JonnyJ

12th May 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a feeling next season will see another swing towards the top teams too. No doubt they will also notice how tight the league was this year and spend big.

Man City will no doubt, as i think will Chelsea with a new manager too. Wenger will look at how close they came this season and finally be pushed into making a few big signings. Tottenham always seem to have money and missing out on the CL will hurt them.

The difference isnt massive, if you look the difference has been the lower teams drawing with the top teams more, where they would have usually lost. Man Utd have actually lost less but drawn far more and its losing those wins to draws that hurts you
Ben J

12th May 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I want loads of easy games where we completely demolish the opposition & win the league with 5 games to go. None of this down to the wire business that makes it more interesting for the neutral, it just stresses me out

But you do finish the job. Imagine being a Gooner. Being a United fan is hardly stressful.
JonnyJ

12th May 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can trump you all. Imagine been a York fan. You Arsenal fans have it fucking easy
Ben J

12th May 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But in some ways getting close to several trophies but winning fuck all is in many ways worse than coming nowhere and not getting your hopes up. I don't know about York tbh tho and if they've been close this season.
Ben D

12th May 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal fans are defeatist & know their team will bottle it & win fuck all though.
JonnyJ

12th May 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just be grateful your club has never been shafted by owners and left on the brink of extinction, relegated twice to non league and has to cope with playing teams like Braintree and Alfreton on a regular basis.

If the hardest thing you have to deal with is the fact you havent won a shiny trophy you have it easy
JonnyJ

12th May 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Arsenal fans are defeatist & know their team will bottle it & win fuck all though.

Same as ours then but they get to play in the top league, not have to worry about selling a player and reaching a certain stage of a cup and drawing a big side just to make sure we dont lose £400k a year and go bust

Seriously every time i hear a premier league fan moan about how hard it is for them it makes me laugh
Ben J

12th May 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not true tbh.
Ben D

12th May 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

Not true tbh.

I based this opinion mostly on your attitude in recent months petty much resigning yourself to the fact you were going to crash out of all competitions before the fight was even over sorry mate.
Ben G

12th May 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i miss ronaldo

used to enjoy looking forward to putting MOTD on and wondering whether he's scored any more screamers.

now it's all little pea and berbatov tap in's.

boring.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait til we get Benzema
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or Neymar
Ben G

12th May 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

benzema has agreed personal terms with arsenal from what i've heard.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will change his mind when he goes there for a tour and is shown the trophy cabinet
Russ

12th May 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"from what I've heard" like you're his agents rent boy or something

[Edited on 12-05-2011 by Russ]
Ben J

12th May 11 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
he will change his mind when he goes there for a tour and is shown the trophy cabinet

The amount you lot go on about it I'm sure he's heard already.
Ben G

12th May 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

[Edited on 12-05-2011 by Russ]

work mates best friends dad (i know, sounds dodgy) is head steward at the emirates.

told us about the eduardo deal before anyone else knew also

if you don't believe me, i don't give a shit but thats what he said and he's never been wrong yet.
Marc

12th May 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd like to think that is how Stcheven is affliated to Man United
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 11 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f u
Russ

12th May 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsernevalways gets the head steward to ok his signings.
chrisritch

13th May 11 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Arsernevalways gets the head steward to ok his signings.

what signings?
Tom

13th May 11 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Ive got a feeling next season will see another swing towards the top teams too. No doubt they will also notice how tight the league was this year and spend big.

Man City will no doubt, as i think will Chelsea with a new manager too. Wenger will look at how close they came this season and finally be pushed into making a few big signings. Tottenham always seem to have money and missing out on the CL will hurt them.

The difference isnt massive, if you look the difference has been the lower teams drawing with the top teams more, where they would have usually lost. Man Utd have actually lost less but drawn far more and its losing those wins to draws that hurts you

I agree to an extent, but I think it depends on many factors including who goes up and down and how much the top teams spend. I have written Man united off in the last couple of seasons, so I won't be doing that again. I think Arsenal will spend a bit of money and be in the mix, Chelsea NEED to spend a fair amount revitilising the squad they have, and if they change manager again they won't win it first time with a new squad. City, if they keep Mancini will stay at a similar level imo, he may bring in even more players but he won't change his style which will result in too many draws imo. If we spend a decent amount in the summer we'll be in the mix for top 4, we've got stability for the first time in years and with a new CB and a couple of attacking players we'll improve our consistency, we have the feel good factor.

On spurs, I think there attitude towards thhe Europa league says it all, they think they 'deserve' to be playing CL football because they got there this season, I don't think that attitude will do them any good and they will fall away.

[Edited on 13-05-2011 by Tom]

<<  38    39    40    41    42    43  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread sponsored by Man Utd's away strip 23 database queries in 0.0195270 seconds