corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Betting Thread

New Poll
  <<  407    408    409    410    411    412    413  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Betting Thread
Tommy L

User status: Offline
28th Mar 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't grumble with that!
Cavey

28th Mar 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can, will and did!
Tommy L

28th Mar 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually I would if it was a head
Cavey

28th Mar 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Down to 16 as well now after a few losses at Dundalk

A horse went from 16s into 5 in about 2 mins, so had to get on it....finished 2nd last.

[Edited on 28-03-2013 by Cavey]
Dave

28th Mar 13 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be very wary of stuff like that, especially (casual racism alert) if the Irish are involved. Lots of weird goings on at relatively low quality a/w meets.
Cavey

28th Mar 13 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rarely go over £5 ew anyway, so not gonna lose a lot from it.

Happened a week or so ago at Wolverhampton, every runner for a certain trainer went from 20/1 into 3 or 4s, all of them were shit.
Kippers

28th Mar 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got £22 quid in my Skybet.

Anyone got some good tips?
AlexSXI

28th Mar 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crystal Palace & Swindon double tomorrow!

£22 returns £65ish
Dan
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 06:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting well into this trading.

I've got 50 in account now. Made around 20% of bankroll from trading Dundalk.

Realised where I was going wrong. The option I was doing was backing and laying for the same amount. So only if the horse won was I making any money. The rest of the profit was to cover fees. So now I have it laying for a 50/50 profit.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Kippers

29th Mar 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
Crystal Palace & Swindon double tomorrow!

£22 returns £65ish

Done, added Paris St Germain for 3.7/1

Only put a fiver on tho.

Still got £25 quid in my other "£10 to £1000" account so will wait till weekend to use that.
Dan
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been playing about with the trading. Got an auto scalping method setup with a bit of a google.

I can now add all races for the day I want to involve. Genereally uk races only, but im testing it on whatever today as theres no uk.

Basically, it constantly tries to apply a back bet at 0.1 higher than the market every 5 seconds, if it fails due to the market moving the wrong way, it cancels after the 5 seconds and re tries at the new rate.

Once its placed the bet, it then sets up a lay at 0.1 below the back bet. to make a small profit.

It does this until 100 back bets have been placed or 10 seconds before the off time.

Then once this has happened it "greens up" by making what ever bet is needed to split the profit (or loss) over the entire field. So if your making £10 profit on the win of 1 horse, but breaking even on the loss. It splits it 50/50 so either result means you make £5.

If anyone is interested in this and wants to try learn more about it with me, speak up

Tommy L

29th Mar 13 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like a lot of effort!

Dan
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its 0 effort now its setup. Setting up took literally mins. All I have to do is click each race I want to run, and its done for the day, leave laptop on and the software running and go out.

I can also email the setup if anyone wants it. its basic, long term id like to improve the method, but for now, I think in uk racing it will work well.

Every other race was a loss today, but its like 20k overall matched bets, its pence in comparison to uk racing, so its not so up and down.

Cavey

29th Mar 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds interesting, so its just backing and laying to guarantee little profits per race?

There's 7 meetings tomorrow so will be interesting to see how you do tomorrow.

I'm 100 up from betting on corners in various matches around the world today
Dan
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just blew my bankroll again on shit or bust roulette spins cause I was bored haha.

Im doing all this on free play so it doesn't matter.

Doubt im gonna deposit over the weekend now. Im more interested in trialling this trading thing while I can for free.

Dan
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, basically, ive setup a simple thing which backs a bet for £2 stake.

It only bets if the odds go up 1 point, so say its 2.7, it will only bet when it can get 2.8.

Then it lays the bet for 2.7 and you lock in profit if that horse wins.

Once its done this a few times, and it gets to 10 seconds before the off, it places another lay bet on the single horse to share the profit between a win or a lose.

At the moment, im not 100% happy with it. But until I see it in action on a proper uk market I will not change it.

The only way you lose money is if you back at say 2.5, then the price drifts and never gets laid.

Its ok if you have had a few trades go through before, as you already have a bit of profit locked in, and can take the loss.

But today because theres no money involved the market, the prices were all over the place and causing it to never get laid.

Usually the uk markets fluctuate around a rough figure, so losses should be less as it rarely drifts 10mins pre race. Plus as its fluctuating around a figure, its more likely to lock in more profit before the off.

Dan
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, for those interested in the results etc. This is todays plan.

I have covered most uk/ire races from 1300 to 1600, I got bored adding them and have more than enough to see the results.

I am covering both the win only market, and also the place market, just to see if it makes any difference.

At the end of the day ill update with total wins/losses.

Im using £10 stake. so it will back at £10 and then lay for £10.

I already know one thing I want to introduce to the automation, which is a stop loss. So basically if the price drifts more than say 4 ticks (from 2.1 to 2.5) it auto lays the bet, to make a minimal loss. then restarts a new back bet at the drifted price. That should make losses minimal.

Cavey

30th Mar 13 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sod all the little bets. 5ew on Thunderball at 14/1, returned 97.50 from a tenner
Dave

30th Mar 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, racing coming thick and fast today, missed out on two winners when laptop had a meltdown

Back to back wins with Lines of Battle and Jack Dexter though, always nice to get off to a good start.
Dan
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tonnes of racing today lol.

My automation is working perfect, but its not making any money. Seems to make loads, then the market moves and loses so much.

Tried to implement a stop loss, but couldn't get it to work, so will have to fiddle with that later. Think it will improve things. Also want to limit it to 10 trades, so max of 5 backs and 5 lays. So I lock in profit well before the off, and can just split it then.

Cavey

30th Mar 13 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, my winnings from the earlier race are gone thought I'd gone for Jack Dexter, apparently not.
Dave

30th Mar 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brae Hill just pipped but had e/w so not too bad then Pepite Rose just didn't quite make it.
Dan
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given up with this trading lark for the min.

Cant get it to produce regular profit.

I cant find anyone giving info on the best method etc, seems its a find it yourself kinda thing.

Cavey

30th Mar 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, I went through the 100 that I won
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back on the proper betting today.

Bets so far...

Cork 4:15 ROI DU MEE 11/10
Fairyhouse 4:30 MIKAEL DHAGUENET 7/2
Cork 3:45 BENEFICIAL SPIRIT 7/1 E/W

All £2 singles, plus a £2 treble (pays 60.81/1)

<<  407    408    409    410    411    412    413  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Betting Thread 24 database queries in 0.1091361 seconds