corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th May 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black carpet fitted! Finally got one, thanks to Ian, picked it up at PPC. Gave it a proper good clean up today along with my seats while they were out. Tidied all the audio wiring and air lines etc and next is to clean and re-fit all the trim so everything should be mint

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Brederin

20th May 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul what did you run before running bags on the back? Shocks and Springs or Coilovers?
Paul W
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally had a set of Spax RSX shocks and springs, then borrowed Dans Gaz coilies while sorting it for the bags

NathanR

20th May 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the ultra lows with the bags dude ! Can't wait to see it all back looking mint with the new wheels on etc .
Ben G

20th May 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can imagine you pulling up next to some scene vw polo and the driver laughs at you riding ''standard'' height. then wondering wtf is happening as you go all back to the future and your car lowers itself
edd1.0

20th May 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do u insure a car with bags ? because my insurance just ask how much the car is lowered by , there is no option for 'depends how im feeling'
Mark.W

20th May 12 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i can imagine you pulling up next to some scene vw polo and the driver laughs at you riding ''standard'' height. then wondering wtf is happening as you go all back to the future and your car lowers itself

Paul W
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Loving the ultra lows with the bags dude ! Can't wait to see it all back looking mint with the new wheels on etc .

Cheers Nathan you and me both!

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

I'm looking forward to doing exactly that when i get the fronts on there's quite a few lads with polols and ratty golfs and stuff around my area, can't wait to show em up a bit

quote:
Originally posted by edd1.0
how do u insure a car with bags ? because my insurance just ask how much the car is lowered by , there is no option for 'depends how im feeling'

'depends how i'm feeling' i like that. But naw, i think it's just gonna be down as adjustable air ride suspension, as when i asked about it when renewing they seemed to know what it was all about, didn't ask for a drop measurement so should be sound

Paul W
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little interior update, few things painted up to match the dash and leather. Still got a few more things to do interior wise.

Also, fitted my twin tone horn, the standard corsa one is pathetic at the best of times Made up a bit of loom that split the one feed for the standard horn to two which can be unplugged should i want to go back to using one horn

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by Paul W]

kevinturna

26th May 12 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best looking more door ive seen so far!! keep up the good work and where and how much where the air bags???
vx-scottw
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 06:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really love the inside of this yours n your dannys are the best five door corsa b I ever seen
Paul W
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Kevin appreciate the kind words. The air ride was off an old 'show car' Tom on here was breaking, but i've pretty much upgraded or changed most things since buying it, its set me back probably far too much money for 'just a corsa' but it's all fun and games.

Cheers Scott The interiors probably the best thing about it at the minute, the bodyworks a mess but hopefully when it all comes together the exterior will match the level of the interior

silvercorsabee

26th May 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good whats your plans for exterior?!
Paul W
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dude If you take a flick back through the thread you'll see pretty much everything, but to sum it up, semi smooth front bumper, sprinter vented wing, painted plastics, wheels, more smoothing and paint

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hurry up and finish this Paul! I can't wait to see paint

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Paul W
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you and me both Darryl! It's all funds and stuff though aint it, i'm sure you know, i've been having to be a bit more careful with my funds lately due to losing my job and diving into my savings. Still, it's given me plenty of time to be doing things myself so i spose i have no excuse .

Anyway, another little update -

Added a tire inflation tool to the air ride system, thought it would be a pretty trick addition. It's on a coil of air line long enough to reach up to the front tyres, or to the back tyres of someone pulled up behind me. So if anyone needs any air at shows or anything just give me a shout . The coil is neatly hidden away in the spare wheel well so nice and hidden and tidy.

Interior is nearly there, just need to do the grab handles, unsure of whether to retro fit the illuminated ones from astra/vectras or just stick with the standard ones. Gonna paint them up and try and trim the actual grab bit with the cream leather i used for the headlining. Also, not sure whether to source some black sunvisors and get them trimmed up, so everything ties in with the cream/black theme or keep the standard grey/beige little plastics and stuff for now, same with the grab rail/vent in the sunroof cover; spray black or keep standard.

Anyway, pics of the interior as it stands for now, was hard to get decent shots into it to show the whole lot.

I'm actually really loving the way it's all turning out tbh, i love the way the interior is kinda split cream up top and black below with a clean line that runs along the side panels and across the dash.

And what's been keeping me busy, vented wing primed in 2k primer by my legend of a dad, wet sanded with 600 grit ready for paint. Been working on prepping all the exterior stuff for my dad to prime like this. Need to get some Rio Verde solvent and they'll be getting done asap. Need to order some sheet metal too so i can get the new tailgate welded up and smoothed, unsure whether i'll be able to get everything done for PVS but i'm gonna try and get as much done as possible, maybe i'll be able to make it .

For anyone interested, front struts have been made, just getting oiled and gassed, should have them with me by next week, then all i gotta do is fit em and i'll be fully bagged can't wait!

Darryl H
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great update Paul!

Snap on the same wings!

Jon_C
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Paul. I can probs sort you out with some plates to smooth your boot if it's just the lock and the wiper hole you are doing.
D0NN3R

30th May 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the interior really like that you can now pump peoples tyres up from the boot of your car
Paul W
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sprinter vents look boss Darryl! Had this one for literally ages, only just pulled my finger out and got it sorted

Jon, yeah it will just be the lock and wiper hole i'll be doing, figured i'd get the new one welded instead of fibreglassed, should be a better finish then. Would be boss if you could, i'm unsure of what thickness would be best tbh, thinking 2mm? Dunno what people have used and never welded panels before.

Cheers Joe , i thought it was pretty cool, saves me going to the garage and paying 50p for air every time

Darryl H
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
sprinter vents look boss Darryl! Had this one for literally ages, only just pulled my finger out and got it sorted

Should probably start my wing at some point! They do look good

Paul W
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would probably be an idea yeah how's it all going with that? You gonna wait till after PVS to get all the smoothed bits done?

Darryl H
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's all just sat at Tom's I've not really been round so not sure how much has been done, I doubt he's done much as he's had other work in. Yeah looking to get a full time job at the moment so once I have one the car will be off to get fully resprayed and smoothed etc

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by Darryl H]

Jon_C
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a couple of card templates and post them to me and I will replicate them out of some 2mm if you like.
Paul W
Premium Member

30th May 12 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, sounds about the same as me then lol, sounds like a plan though

Yup yup, i'll see what i can do Jon, i might even be able to get my dad to grab some sheet metal from work and i'll dremel it

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0272901 seconds