corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer and Speculation Thread

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer and Speculation Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
19th Jul 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'd of liked him at United

Cant understand why he's gone to Liverpool though when there was Arsenal and Spurs to choose from (considering we said we didn't want him)

I can agree with Arsenal, as they will be in the top 4 next season probably - but Spurs have been a one hit wonder and chances of them being in the top 4 next season are slim to none.

If we keep Torres and Gerrard (likely) and poss Masch (unlikely) then with the addition of Cole and hopefully one or two other decent signings then we could easily push for a top 4 spot.
Marc

19th Jul 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When its all you have to cling on to, you bring it up whenever you can.
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The irony being United will soon be doing the same.
Nath

19th Jul 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
The irony being United will soon be doing the same.

Predictions aren't your speciality tbh.
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes they are
Ben J

The only reason he'd have gone to Spurs is 'arry, and not having to move house. Apart from that thers no reason to go there.

He wanted a central role and now it looks like Cesc is staying, he wouldn't get one a Arsenal, and we won't break wage structure.

So I suppose L'pool was a decent option. New manager...new era...exciting times?

Also its a double bonus for the fans. Do you think he'd have signed if Gerrard and torres were leaving?

No chance.

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by Ben J]
mwg

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'd of liked him at United

Cant understand why he's gone to Liverpool though when there was Arsenal and Spurs to choose from (considering we said we didn't want him)

I can agree with Arsenal, as they will be in the top 4 next season probably - but Spurs have been a one hit wonder and chances of them being in the top 4 next season are slim to none.

If we keep Torres and Gerrard (likely) and poss Masch (unlikely) then with the addition of Cole and hopefully one or two other decent signings then we could easily push for a top 4 spot.

You say easily but Man City will be going for 4th too. And you never know Spurs could have another good season.

I'd rather Liverpool got 4th than Man City though if it came down to those 2.
Tom

19th Jul 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will see what happen's, but I seriously think man united have peaked and are on a decline (i'm not saying they are going to drop like leeds or anything). They physically can't service that much debt and there academy will not produce enough players for them to compete at the level they have been for so long without investment in players every season. I'm not baiting at all, you can say what you want defending them but there's a reason why many of the fans are opposed to your owners, and no matter what you say about there being a queue of people ready to buy them, if they are anything like our owners then you might spend an amount of time getting worse before you start to get better.
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its going to be a big mix for the top 4 next season, and no club (other than Chavski) will be sure of it imo and that includes United.

Unless you sign some players, you've got an ageing squad that may find it tough - and i cant see Rooney having as good a season again.
Tom

19th Jul 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think its going to be a big mix for the top 4 next season, and no club (other than Chavski) will be sure of it imo and that includes United.

Unless you sign some players, you've got an ageing squad that may find it tough - and i cant see Rooney having as good a season again.

It's definitely going to be close, I agree. I'll be more than happy if we get 4th (quote me please, i'm a liverpool fan who doesn't think we are going to win the league now we have signed a decent player ).
Nath

19th Jul 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sometimes they are

I was expecting you to say 'I predict you're off the list'
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll win the league now.
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Sometimes they are

I was expecting you to say 'I predict you're off the list'

I didnt want to jinx it just incase I got it wrong and you're still on it
strick206

19th Jul 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Tom we are on far more of a decline than liverpool

If the cash in the bank is available for players which they say it is, and the accounts appear to say it is, the debt isn't affecting the team.

We've plenty young players also, Liverpool are the team in trouble with all the city and even spurs spending imo
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206

If the cash in the bank is available for players which they say it is, and the accounts appear to say it is, the debt isn't affecting the team.

We've plenty young players also, Liverpool are the team in trouble with all the city and even spurs spending imo

That cash isnt available for transfers, dont kid yourself The accounts showed a snap shot of one day - that money has well and truly gone via normal cash flow of the club. If that sort of money was available then you wouldnt of needed to roll up the massive loans last year, and you wouldnt of needed to issue the bonds to release yet more cash.
mwg

19th Jul 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ageing? You'd think we were talking about Chelsea here

VDS, Neville, Giggs, Scholes yes are well over 30 but then of those only VDS is a guaranteed starter so we can use the others sparingly when needed. Nani, Rooney, Valencia, Evans, Fletcher etc. etc. are all young.
Tom

19th Jul 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206

You are burrying your head in the sand, i've not once said liverpool aren't in decline as realistically we are until we find decent owners but that doesn't change the state the galzers have united in at the moment. Oh and we have loads of kids that are good prospects, so what? Doesn't necessarily meant they will all turn into world beaters.
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love that you included the shite that is Valencia and Nani in there

What about Rio who is 32 in November, Vidic who is 29 in October (leaving anyway), Evra and Berbatov who are both 30 next birthday.
Marc

19th Jul 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm not saying we are going to win anything with the below players, but I think these are the ones with potential who may have decent seasons:

Fabio (20)
Rafael (20)
Evans (22)
De Laet (21)
Smalling (20)

Nani (23)
Possebon (21)
Anderson (22)
Obertan (21)
Gibson (22)

Hernandez (22)
Welbeck (19) (Provided he doesn't go out on loan)
Macheda (18)
Diouf (22)

I'm not saying we will field a team of just them but quite a few have proven they can play in the first team. We need to sign a goalscorer.

Nath

19th Jul 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread has gone to shit.
Marc

19th Jul 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Valencia scored 7 goals last season. Wouldn't call him shite.
mwg

19th Jul 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What about Rio who is 32 in November, Vidic who is 29 in October (leaving anyway), Evra and Berbatov who are both 30 next birthday.

Shite? Nani yes 1st half of last season but after that he must of taken something as he stepped up to the mark I thought and I was a big critic of him.

And Valencia was good too and that was only his first season. Expect him to score more goals next year.

Rio - the injury side of things is worrying.

Vidic - if he goes, he goes. Brown & Evans can do a job there and did on a number of occasions last season and we still had the best defence in the league.

Berbatov - can take him or leave him for me, dont think if he was any younger he'd be any different for us. I'd still want rid of him

Evra - still plenty of life left him at 30.

So what was your point again?

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by mwg]
Tom

19th Jul 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When Evra leaves for Madrid, Fabio will be shown up even more than Rafael was when he got sent off against Bayern.
mwg

19th Jul 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must resist bait.
Marc

19th Jul 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
So what was your point again?

Hes realised that he is supporting the wrong team in red in the North West.

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer and Speculation Thread 23 database queries in 0.0219450 seconds