corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
24th Aug 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone explain how lewis hamilton did that?

Been on nights, got up late and someone on facebook said hamiltons on pole, had the hump then but watched it anyway.

I was just sitting here thinking hang on, lewis is 8th with 1 lap to go in q3, not a chance he's pole. Then Unreal. What a lap.
Ben G

24th Aug 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Fucking weather!!!!!!

Everyones fucking favorite driver on pole again FFS. Its racist this happening 3 races on the trot IMHO.

Ok dick raper, chill out. Obviously the best driver got pole. Especially in these conditions.
Rick Draper

24th Aug 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Can anyone explain how lewis hamilton did that?

He was in the right place a the right time. If that Nazi or anyone else had been after Spamilton they would be on pole now. It was a case of whoever crossed the line last they would be on pole.
Ben G

24th Aug 13 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the best driver and best team got the best grid position then?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup good timing rather than lap, track got wet at start, dried out and continued to dry out for last 5mins making each lap faster.

More Merc sending him out at right time.

Another Roman turn 1 pile up!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ben G

24th Aug 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lap looked good to me, more balls out than anything.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a day!

Spent Friday wandering around the track, watched FP1 opposite the pit exit and Eau Rouge then FP2 at Pouhon sat on the banked "natural grandstand". Decided to watch all of today from the Kemmel straight jut before Les Combe, we could see the whole straight from the exit of the kink and into braking and entry for Les Combe... Oh and had a big telly too!

Was sat with a DiResta fan (the DiResta fan?) so it was a tense quali for us both, massive cheers to be had though when Hammy nailed it... He really is a crowd favourite tbh.

Sam Birds GP2 victory made for a successful day all round, can't wait for tomorrow but regardless of the result, today was enough to make the trip

Look out for a life size cardboard Lewis in the crowd on Kemmel tomorrow, hoping for some TV time during the driver parade as we're only about 30yards from the track

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

24th Aug 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How on earth did you get a cardboard cut out lewis? sounds like a good day despite the weather!
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it from home

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

24th Aug 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yup good timing rather than lap, track got wet at start, dried out and continued to dry out for last 5mins making each lap faster.

More Merc sending him out at right time.

Another Roman turn 1 pile up!

He waa on the track at almost exactly the same time as vettel and webber and beat them both, despite sliding wide at turn 1, he made up 1.5 secs on Vettel through sector 2. Good timing yes but he also put in a hell of a lap, better than both the fastest cars on the day

[Edited on 24-08-2013 by JonnyJ]
Steve
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton
Rob_Quads

24th Aug 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
It was a case of whoever crossed the line last they would be on pole.

I'm not sure that was the case. The track will not have dried up any more for Hamilton over Vettel who was only around 1/2 seconds ahead of him in the quali. Hamilton has been fast in quali for a while now 4th in a row so i don't think it was just pure luck. Rosberg had shown earlier that the car was good.
JonnyJ

24th Aug 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
what a day!

Spent Friday wandering around the track, watched FP1 opposite the pit exit and Eau Rouge then FP2 at Pouhon sat on the banked "natural grandstand". Decided to watch all of today from the Kemmel straight jut before Les Combe, we could see the whole straight from the exit of the kink and into braking and entry for Les Combe... Oh and had a big telly too!

Was sat with a DiResta fan (the DiResta fan?) so it was a tense quali for us both, massive cheers to be had though when Hammy nailed it... He really is a crowd favourite tbh.

Sam Birds GP2 victory made for a successful day all round, can't wait for tomorrow but regardless of the result, today was enough to make the trip

Look out for a life size cardboard Lewis in the crowd on Kemmel tomorrow, hoping for some TV time during the driver parade as we're only about 30yards from the track

Sounds class

Good to hear the crowd were behind Lewis. Will deffo be looking out for you, though working all day so will watch it "as live" either tomorrow night or monday morning.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a massive tree branch with a union flag on it too Also we've got a cuddly toy Roscoe to go with Lewis

Seen two RBR engineers in town tonight driving a "Vettel" special edition Infiniti with a "My other car is an RB9" bumper sticker on german plates with "SV" in the reg.

Then saw Webber thorough a restaurant window

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

24th Aug 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics or gtfo tbh imo.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 03:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got pics of the Infiniti but the flash screwed me through a restaurant window

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

25th Aug 13 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We've got a massive tree branch with a union flag on it too Also we've got a cuddly toy Roscoe to go with Lewis

Seen two RBR engineers in town tonight driving a "Vettel" special edition Infiniti with a "My other car is an RB9" bumper sticker on german plates with "SV" in the reg.

Then saw Webber thorough a restaurant window

brilliant, should've got an actual Roscoe dog

Ps, when you get back i might require some info on Monza, looking at doing it next year hopefully
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If it was White, I saw that at Silverstone with a single driver with a slightly curly mop driving that on my way out, in the grounds and then on a back lane heading towards the circuit.
Apparently Vettel drives/owns one of them himself, could have actually been his.
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, can't find any channels covering the F1 out here in Saudi, and on site today. Only getting the updates from here and BBC Sport text coverage. Won't be able to watch it til I'm home
Ben G

25th Aug 13 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky. I'll be watching it live on sky sports F1 HD.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Unlucky. I'll be watching it live on sky sports F1 HD.

No problem, I'll be watching it recorded on Sky Sports F1 HD.
Ben G

25th Aug 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just not the same. Theres always.that temptation to fast forward.

I'll be thinking of you whilst i'm watching it live.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MotoGP needs to finish pretty quick today! GP and F1 at similar time is crazy!!!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Rick Draper

25th Aug 13 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
MotoGP needs to finish pretty quick today! GP and F1 at similar time is crazy!!!

Only one worth watching though, unless Spa is wet.

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0251229 seconds