corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer and Speculation Thread

New Poll
  <<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer and Speculation Thread
Marc

User status: Offline
19th Jul 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
When Evra leaves for Madrid, Fabio will be shown up even more than Rafael was when he got sent off against Bayern.

We'll just make a sub and bring De Laet on then
strick206

19th Jul 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
TBH Tom we are on far more of a decline than liverpool

If the cash in the bank is available for players which they say it is, and the accounts appear to say it is, the debt isn't affecting the team.

We've plenty young players also, Liverpool are the team in trouble with all the city and even spurs spending imo

That cash isnt available for transfers, dont kid yourself The accounts showed a snap shot of one day - that money has well and truly gone via normal cash flow of the club. If that sort of money was available then you wouldnt of needed to roll up the massive loans last year, and you wouldnt of needed to issue the bonds to release yet more cash.

I love seeing discussions about you with clubs finances, you know everything about everyones business

I said if also unless you failed to read that?

TBH, we have never gone and signed these world class players have we, nearly everyone that signs for united we improve, who'd ever heard of van nistelrooy, or ronaldo? we've never signed the zidanes etc

Only time they spend a hell of a lot of money on world class players is when they are english, rio rooney etc

Berbatov was a big signing, but he didnt suit our play so was a mistake, veron didnt suit the league.

Who knows this kid hernandez could be our second striker this year if he takes off

Valencia was good last year, yes he's very kick and run after it, thats his skill, but 7 goals and however many assists or goals he was involved in made him a success last year, and he'll only improve

Nani showed a glimpse of his talent end of last season, so hoping he grows up and improves again

We still have anderson also if he gets a run of games and the da silvas
Tom

19th Jul 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and a £15m+ Nani having one decent run of games in his 3 or 4 year united career doesn't make him any good
strick206

19th Jul 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
When Evra leaves for Madrid, Fabio will be shown up even more than Rafael was when he got sent off against Bayern.

Rich coming from a team with a right back who can't defend for shit and who used to have a left back the same, currently having none
Tom

19th Jul 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

We'll just make a sub and bring De Laet on then

Every team has a load of un-proven players, what's your point
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Cole.

Talk about lacking ambition, opt to not sign for 2 teams on your doorstep who have CL football so that he can travel to some finished team, purely to line his pockets and wind his career down in a casual manner.

Good signing for the team but a piss poor one for the player.
Marc

19th Jul 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you quoted the wrong post?
Tom

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Rich coming from a team with a right back who can't defend for shit and who used to have a left back the same, currently having none

It's about as rich as a united fan telling me they don't rely on big money purchases, **cough rooney, ferdinand, berbatov, veron, 18m for anderson**
Marc

Just admit that Glen Johnson is a shit defender so we can crack on with the transfer thread
Marc

19th Jul 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
@ Cole.

Talk about lacking ambition, opt to not sign for 2 teams on your doorstep who have CL football so that he can travel to some finished team, purely to line his pockets and wind his career down in a casual manner.

Good signing for the team but a piss poor one for the player.

Probably a bad one for the team too, splashing out 90k a week for 4 years. They better pray their prospects improve.
bullock106xsi

19th Jul 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joe cole will be a good signing he can be kept fit and he can find some form. greedy little shit though, although all footballers are the same now lol
Ojc

19th Jul 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United fans are just jealous they didn't sign Cole.
strick206

19th Jul 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

It's about as rich as a united fan telling me they don't rely on big money purchases, **cough rooney, ferdinand, berbatov, veron, 18m for anderson**

Ok sorry, i'll admit united could never be as astute in the transfer market as liverpool

crouch, keane, johnson, morientes, gonzalez, bellamy, babel, pennant, dossena, riera, aquilani
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder how much he will be on the Fantasy League?

EDIT: Strick, I would be careful putting Aquilani in that list, it could bite you on the arse.

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]
strick206

19th Jul 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I wonder how much he will be on the Fantasy League?

EDIT: Strick, I would be careful putting Aquilani in that list, it could bite you on the arse.

Could do, but i'm not too fussed if it does

Back onto this seasons transfer stuff, liverpool have lost one of the many kids benitez signed

Meanwhile, Real have swooped to land Di Maria's countryman Juan Lescano after the youngster failed to secure a work permit at Liverpool.

The 17-year-old striker has penned a four-year contract in the Spanish capital and admits he cannot wait to join up with his new employers.

"At Liverpool people like (Javier) Mascherano and (Emiliano) Insua helped me a lot, but after the legal problems this is a big opportunity for me," said Lescano.

Real's scouting network has suggested that Lescano could be the 'new Didier Drogba' and they have high hopes for the talented teenager.
bullock106xsi

19th Jul 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new didier drogba! what a big fanny who goes down like he`s been shot in the back all the time
bullock106xsi

19th Jul 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

local rags up here are suggesting sol campbell could be coming to newcastle if he lowers his wage demands as sunderland have allegedly cooled interest. hope its not true. we dont seem to have much luck with veteran players lol think barnes and rush
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I love seeing discussions about you with clubs finances, you know everything about everyones business

I didnt say I knew anything about the specifics at United - but I do know about accounting and general business practices. So just because the accounts showed a large cash balance at the date the accounts were posted, it means nothing to whats available now. And all indications show that the club doesnt have an abundance of cash available as otherwise they would not of rolled over the interest payments and they would not of had to refinance via the bond issue.
Tommy L

19th Jul 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be signing Gosling
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Ok sorry, i'll admit united could never be as astute in the transfer market as liverpool

crouch, keane, johnson, morientes, gonzalez, bellamy, babel, pennant, dossena, riera, aquilani

Big money he said - since when were crouch, morientes, gonzalez, pennent, riera and dossena been big money?
strick206

19th Jul 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I didnt say I knew anything about the specifics at United - but I do know about accounting and general business practices. So just because the accounts showed a large cash balance at the date the accounts were posted, it means nothing to whats available now. And all indications show that the club doesnt have an abundance of cash available as otherwise they would not of rolled over the interest payments and they would not of had to refinance via the bond issue.

They always said though they wouldnt use the money from the ronaldo sale to pay off the interest on the loans, whether or not they actually have remains to be seen but as far as i know they never planned to use that money to pay off the debts
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since Liverpool don't have a bean to scratch their arse with.

strick206

19th Jul 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Big money he said - since when were crouch, morientes, gonzalez, pennent, riera and dossena been big money?

I didnt mention us not making big money signings, but said we sign players and then improve them, when can you remember us going out and buying a truly top class name in europe? (And i mean top class name like the zidanes, kaka's etc, not berb)

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by strick206]
Mad Moe

19th Jul 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bullock106xsi
local rags up here are suggesting sol campbell could be coming to newcastle if he lowers his wage demands as sunderland have allegedly cooled interest. hope its not true. we dont seem to have much luck with veteran players lol think barnes and rush

Campbell couldn't possibly be any worse than some of the shite we already have

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by Mad Moe]
Cosmo

19th Jul 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I didnt mention us not making big money signings, but said we sign players and then improve them, when can you remember us going out and buying a truly top class name in europe? (And i mean top class name like the zidanes, kaka's etc, not berb)

[Edited on 19-07-2010 by strick206]

The thing is Berb was a top class name, thats why he cost £30m.

<<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer and Speculation Thread 23 database queries in 0.0254109 seconds