corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  41    42    43    44    45    46    47  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Oct 13 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, seen some in homebase already

I had a poke under the bonnet last night scouting out installation locations and saw traces of oil on the PCV T piece, so looks like it's been weeping anyway, so will hoof the lot out.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

17th Oct 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, they are daft things.

The PCV was bust on the GTR and blowing as well as sucking!
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought some angle brackets from eBay for about a penny to use for mounting the catch can.

My plan is to mount it to the side of the passenger suspension turret.

I should have known by the price, but the brackets arrived and were a bit flimsy looking. Not willing to accept defeat, I got the dremel out and did some fabricating...

Just awaiting a couple more hose related bits and I should be ready for installation.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jon_C
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it's made out of meccano
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does.

Would look good on Steve's unimog.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

22nd Oct 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like they're made out of cheese covered in tinfoil.
Wrighty

23rd Oct 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Looks like it's made out of meccano

i thought this too
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car insurance renewed, had this a year

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
pow
Premium Member

29th Oct 13 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will those wipers stop me from going ABSOLUTELY BONKERS in the mito? New wipers last about 5 minutes and drag across the screen and the noise drives me MAD
BeetleGav

30th Oct 13 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they will if your screens not damaged to begin with
pow
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had 3 fucking windscreens that have all been perfect and probably spent over £200 on wipers over 4 years
Ben G

30th Oct 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel your pain, pow. Annoys the hell out of me when they screech across the screen.

I have some weird fetish where I like completely clear windows/windscreen, so even when theres just a few droplets of rain on the screen, I have to clear it.

Obviously this makes the wipers screech because theres not enough water on there. Drives me insane!
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No noise/streaking from these yet. It's a double stacked benefit too, as the silicon coating you get allows you to go longer before needing to wipe, if that makes sense - so you rarely wipe on an almost dry windscreen.

At 60mph +, you never have to wipe at all!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
pow
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered some, they better be good
BeetleGav

30th Oct 13 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are honestly that good!
I've got the aero version though, they don't even squeak on a dry screen I've found too!
pow
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to have the aero ones as my car came with flatblades
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my intercooler off today to have a sneak peak at my catch-can location. Regardless of how flimsy it is, I don't think a "side mounting" onto the strut tower will be best, as there's a lot of AC plumbing in the way and it might get a bit awkward on the installation.

There's a kinda-flat surface a few inches down though, so I think screwing the base of the catchcan into that will be best, will just need to work up a riser of some kind to keep it accessible.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Oct 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Mr Postman

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Nov 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another week, another new sound effect to track down and fix

Rear left wheel area, rotational really light rubbing only whilst turning. Thinking it must be brake related, dust guard has got clearance but shall check for stuck pistons tomorrow morning.

No evidence on the tyre or in the arch lining of contact.

Any ideas team?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

2nd Nov 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had a sticky caliper I could feel it through the steering but it was on the front end. That's as far as my help goes really
BeetleGav

2nd Nov 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and it glowed red and made a mess of my alloy
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seemed to be magically fixed this morning... Did 80motorway miles and not a sound, rear wheels both clap cold upon arrival with no marking on the disks.

Ah well

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 13 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After various exploration sessions in my engine bay, I decided against side-mounting my catchcan to the strut tower in favour of the flat surface just below it from part of the chassis.

The surface is almost perfect, flat and clear of obstacles... just a few centimetres too low, and I felt installing the can down there would make for awkward removal/servicing.

With that in mind, I was looking for a way to space it out a bit. I was googling around one night and I found an ebay seller making and selling aluminium tubes of various sizes. I orginally asked for something the same width as my catch-can base, 7cm high with an 11m hole through the middle but the best they could do was something 25mm in diameter with an 11mm hole and 70mm length, so I took a punt.

Combined with a nice chunky M10x100mm bolt it should allow me to bolt the can down into the surface but still have it high enough for convenient servicing. It would look daft and topheavy if on show, but because of it's position in the engine bay it should look fine.

Structurally I'm hoping it'll be alright, I can't see why not as there will be no strain on it other than the car being thrown around a bit, but the thick silicone tubing I'll have for plumbing should provide for additional lateral support I guess.

Thoughts? Keep looking for a similar tube which matches the base dimensions or give this one a try?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom130691
Premium Member

6th Nov 13 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like what your doing with this car,

everything is so precise and done properly
Ben G

6th Nov 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle seems veey methodical about everything he does. I love him. He's a proper manly man.

<<  41    42    43    44    45    46    47  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0261149 seconds