corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  43    44    45    46    47    48    49  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Ben G

User status: Offline
8th Mar 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried a grey on them but wasn't happy with it. looked a bit like primer, so decided on matte black instead.

i put the car back together after i had done a couple of bits in the centre console, then decided i wanted to try and finish it off as it looked weird.

this is how my car currently looks. so glad i don't need to use the car

BeetleGav

8th Mar 13 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fecking hell do you need to take the whole lot out? I want to do the bit in between the gear stick and hand brake in matte black, mines fairly scratched in there. Would I have to take the lot out to get to it?
Ben G

8th Mar 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 2 bits in the first pic that are black just pop out, but to get to the actual surround bit that i left grey, you need to remove the whole lot

first time i did it, it took me a couple of hours, but i've got it down to about 30 minutes now.
BeetleGav

8th Mar 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a pain in the arse, might just get my mate to vinyl wrap it on the car, he will easily manage it I think
Ben G

9th Mar 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally finished much prefer the matte black look, although scratched it a bit whilst putting it all back together left the actual centre console loose so it'll just pop back out next time.

I haven't done the ashtray surround bit yet, but that pops straight out so can be done another time.

BeetleGav

9th Mar 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew that would look good, I might leave it for now though it will take effort.
Does look good
Ben G

9th Mar 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers. it is a lot of effort if you don't havea guide. fortunately, when i first did it, i had a picture guide from an italian website.

drove to my dads after putting it back together and had a handbrake warning light keep coming on. turned out i hadn't screwed an important part back in so had to take it all apart again. it's ok now though
BeetleGav

9th Mar 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half a job lol.
Hand brakes not too important haha, I really want to do mine but think I'd fuck it up being impatient
MatthewR

18th Mar 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben where is the Monday update>? You always do something car related on a Sunday!!
Ben G

18th Mar 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was sorting out all my left over puma bits yesterday so i could put them on ebay.

may do something a bit later if i have the time. In true CS style, i'll keep it a secret until i've finished.
Ben G

18th Mar 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got alerted to these:

bought them straight away. bit of a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130871494431?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

now i just need a facelift bumper. just unsure whether to go for a normal facelift or an ///M rear (dual exhaust).
CORSA NUT

18th Mar 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't help but cringe when I see a car with a dual exhaust when it's not meant to have one don't know why

Work looks good though mate
Ben G

18th Mar 13 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made a start on cutting down the side repeaters this evening. successfully cut one down, then tried sticking the bmw badge back on and messed up big time superglue all over the badge will have to order another and will use double sided tape next time.

will stick some pics up tomorrow.
MatthewR

19th Mar 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lights look cool!!!!
BeetleGav

19th Mar 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to cut my indicators down when I've got some new ones. Going to lightly smoke the amber ones to be abit different.
Was it easy enough?
Ben G

19th Mar 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite easy. Just mask up a line and the dremel cuts through them easily. Need to neaten them up but they're a massive improvement over standard.
BeetleGav

19th Mar 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah standard they are stupidly enormous! I was them pretty much as flush as I can get, front indicators are bright enough to need loads of light Coming from the side one
Ben G

19th Mar 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i left mine with 2 'boxes' (the lines of plastic you can see) and it was quite a struggle getting them back in.
BeetleGav

19th Mar 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be worth it though, one of mines broken I think anyway because its wobbly so have to wait for Someone to sell the there unwanted orange ones, but nobody had replied to my thread yet
Ian W

19th Mar 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Be worth it though, one of mines broken I think anyway because its wobbly so have to wait for Someone to sell the there unwanted orange ones, but nobody had replied to my thread yet

I might have a set of orange ones, i'll have a look in the garage tomorrow.
BeetleGav

19th Mar 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive literally this second just bought some ffs!
if you have some i might still have them off you incase i fuck mine up....which is likely
Ben G

19th Mar 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i haven't got a clue where i put my orange ones. i was going to use them to practice on but i seem to have put them somewhere i can't find them

here's a couple of pics showing the before and after. I've only done one so far and it doesn't have a badge on, so will get more pics when i'm finished.

yes my hands are fucked gloves at work are terrible.

[Edited on 19-03-2013 by Ben G]
Ben G

20th Mar 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lights came today. the seller must have been high on something when wrapping them up. took about 15 minutes to unwrap them!

BeetleGav

20th Mar 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastard you got such a bargain with them!

Just wondering, when you cut the indicators did you cut the side where the badge is off or the back? Doesn't the back have a mounting thing on it by the look of it there?
Ben G

20th Mar 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i broke off the bit left on the white back and then superglued the clear plastic to it. theres a recessed bit where it sits in. the mounting point on the side doesn't do anything from what i could see.

<<  43    44    45    46    47    48    49  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.0232360 seconds