corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  43    44    45    46    47    48    49  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Sep 13 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JB was too busy singing to his tyres or thinking about how not to fall over in the shower after the race.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
fred7

8th Sep 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JB can be a great driver and does have some decent races, but this year hes got a rubbish car and not really worth fighting any more. He knows his place. They said the mclarens were 17/18th slowest in the speed trap
JonnyJ

8th Sep 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh well. Vettel quadruple world champion

That said I enjoyed the race, as usual Lewis making it worth watching, some brilliant driving. Shame it didn't rain just before his 2nd stop, would've been perfect, probably would've happened had Vettel been in Lewis's position.

Not much to play for now really but pride, hope Merc end up getting 2nd in the constructors, they deserve it, what an incredible turn around from the last few years.

Bet the Button boys shed a tear after seeing Lewis hunt him down and steal their tiny bit of glory again, not good enough
JonnyJ

8th Sep 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also FLOL at the podium and Vettel having to celebrate with the champagne with Newey because Alonso and Webber ignored him

Sebastian Vettel - the lonely champion

[Edited on 08-09-2013 by JonnyJ]
Dave

9th Sep 13 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimi to Ferrari rumours seems to be gathering pace, supposedly an announcement this week.
JonnyJ

9th Sep 13 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep that's going to happen you would think and I think that's another reason why Alonso isn't happy right now.

I think Hulkenberg would be a better long term option and it would appease Alonso more, he drove a fantastic race yesterday.
Ryan

9th Sep 13 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hulk might end up at Lotus now then, he's definitely the best of the rest. I think Merc would have taken him last year if Hamilton didn't go.
Robin
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder where Massa will end up?
RichR
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DTM or WTCC
Ryan

9th Sep 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think he will be in F1 next year
RichR
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He won't go to a 'lesser' team so I think he'll go to another form of motorsport
Dave

9th Sep 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indy? I'm not at all clued up on it but I know there are a few Brazilians/South Americans in it doing well.

None of the competitive teams are likely to be after him so he either drops down like Kovalainen or moves away.

Who are Lotus likely to go for now then?
JonnyJ

9th Sep 13 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probs ends up in Brazilian touring cars or as said DTM/IndyCar

Hulkenberg would be good for lotus if Raikonnen goes back to Ferrari.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not so sure about Massa not wanting a "lesser" seat. Obviously he'd prefer Ferrari, but where he currently is he's got no real chance of a race win as he'd always be expected to move over for Fred. He knows this, and on the odd occasion he's lead the Ferrari cars for the past few years he's moved over without fuss.

At a team like TR, Sauber or FI he's got half a chance of podiums and may even be a valuable asset to those teams. Maybe stepping out of Nando's shadow would do his confidence some good and he's got as much chance of bagging a one-off Maldonado style racewin as he does now in a Ferrari.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
RichR
Premium Member

9th Sep 13 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TR seat will go to Carlos Sainz Jr. It'll stay with their young driver program IMO.
jrdn7

9th Sep 13 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say Massa might go back to Sauber next year if Ferrari don't keep him. They'll need a driver who knows what he's at to partner the 18 year old Russian. Could see Hulkenberg leaving & Gutierrez getting let go. With good money behind the team Sauber have the ability to do well.
JonnyJ

9th Sep 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see him at Sauber as they skint and likely to be running 2 paid drivers next season, Estaban and that 17year old Russian lad.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is indeed all signed/sealed - I'm a bit disapointed that Hulk didn't get a shot in the Ferrari.

Kimi and Fred should be a decent combo though, real WCC contenders even if they end up with the 3rd or 4th best car on the grid.

I still think Alonso will have the edge on Kimi, but it'll be a fascinating contest and should make for good viewing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Sep 13 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also read something last night which would be mental, but seriously unlikely.

Briatore to return as Lotus (enstone) boss now his ban is lifted, with Nando' moving to Lotus

They built a good car with minimal funding, so with Santander backing they could be even better - and the Ferrari 2014 engine is rumoured to be a bit of a moose...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

10th Sep 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read that rumor too, sounds mental. So it's probably true, this is F1 after all
Dave

10th Sep 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlikely now, unless they are going with two new drivers next year, Massa has just confirmed he isn't driving for them in 2014.
Rick Draper

10th Sep 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa has confirmed he won't be at Ferrari next season.
Dave

10th Sep 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rick Draper

10th Sep 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109804

Tel you want if Kimi comes back and is fast Alonso will RAGE
JonnyJ

10th Sep 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave

The F1 Steve

<<  43    44    45    46    47    48    49  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0244191 seconds