corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013

New Poll
  <<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2013
smcGSI16V

User status: Offline
6th Apr 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't crank any force through it. So it's fubar, was making a god awful noise too.

If your mate can do anything to the spec of the canyon. I do have my mind set on it tho.
jacko198

6th Apr 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
Swinley red route done today along with the blue.
Blue is the most fun route, the red uses a lot of the old single track.

But my rear hub went about 1/2 mile from the end of a 13 mile ride, so.......

Do I fix it

or

New bike

Do I just say sod it and buy a new bike with better components which will see me good for more years than fixing the old.

In what way did your hub go? Could be a simple fix
Cole

6th Apr 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stu are you paying outright for that bike or a bit of finance as I would look at 2nd hand for that sort of money if you buying outright
James

6th Apr 13 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone use a Camelbak or similar? I did 20 miles again today and starting to get fed up with my dodgy Nike rucksack with 3 bottles thrown in the bottom and all my bike gear thrown in too.

Took me ages to find my multi-tool at the bottom

Looking at the Camelbak Mule:

http://shop.camelbak.com/mule/d/1009_c_111_cl_4137

[Edited on 06-04-2013 by James]
Nic Barnes

6th Apr 13 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine from a tresspass shop was £15 holds enough stuff for biking, snacks etc and 2 litres of water in the hydro pack bit.
smcGSI16V

6th Apr 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an Osprey hydration pack.

Nick I will be buying brand new.
If I can convince myself, 1 reason the fact I am to give up smoking as its starting to hurt my lungs now so is a great reward to myself for doing that. 20 years of smoking and exercise are starting to clash now.

[Edited on 06-04-2013 by smcGSI16V]
ed

7th Apr 13 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got that bag James - carries more water than I need at the moment, so I tend to fill the bladder up about 1/4 full and has space for two tubes, a pump, multi tool and my lunch. If you put the full 3l in it then it might be a bit of a squeeze, but its a great bag

[Edited on 07-04-2013 by ed]
Simon

7th Apr 13 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same feelings as Ed, albeit mines an older version. Use it on every ride and enought space for a days riding, however I would probably get something slightly bigger next time. If I every go on rides and take change of clothes or anything extra it gets a bit tight
Cole

7th Apr 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off out to venture into the world of spds today had a session with my mate who is a bike skills trainer my pedal action isnt great im always adjusting my feet on tge pedals which is causing me to lose power in the pedals basically putting more effort in than I need to for no gain
James

7th Apr 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some research suggests the Osprey Raptor 14 is the better choice over the Camelbak.

In other news, was hearing some strange noises from my front wheel yesterday as I was riding along. Look down and my quick release had come undone

It will be the first and last time I take my bike to the new bike shop near me, they were the last ones to work on it.
ed

7th Apr 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New tyres hopefully will have better luck with these!

Simon

7th Apr 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Some research suggests the Osprey Raptor 14 is the better choice over the Camelbak.

In other news, was hearing some strange noises from my front wheel yesterday as I was riding along. Look down and my quick release had come undone

It will be the first and last time I take my bike to the new bike shop near me, they were the last ones to work on it.

We've all made that mistake sometime, I had a brake caliper fall off after I left my drive Shouldn't expect it from a shop though.

Ed those do look a lot more mud friendly! Shame it's drying out now

I came down with something at the end of last week, felt pretty crap all weekend so not got out on bike. I had it out to check it over and my bottom jockey wheel has seized again. Pain in the arse!
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without wanting to sound controvertial, something like a quick release attachment you should be checking yourself before you go out and ride not laying blame to a bike shop.
James

7th Apr 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Without wanting to sound controvertial, something like a quick release attachment you should be checking yourself before you go out and ride not laying blame to a bike shop.

I agree and in future I will check it myself, but had they tightened it enough it shouldn't be an issue.
smcGSI16V

7th Apr 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Osprey raptor I have and can't fault it really.

Free hub and bearings are completely fucked on the rear wheel, and not knowing what make etc they are I have ordered a new wheel with shimano hub. Once fixed I will then sell the bike on me thinks.
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
Can't crank any force through it. So it's fubar, was making a god awful noise too.

If your mate can do anything to the spec of the canyon. I do have my mind set on it tho.

so it rolls and freewheels fine but you cant put pedal force through it?
If so the freehub will have gone. is it a shimano? Common problem abd the unit can be bought seperate. easy enough to change over.with a 10mm allen key.......
Il ask him anyway to see what he comes up with out of interest

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
taylorboosh

7th Apr 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did 10-15 miles on the mtb in woods locally
Dr Pepper

7th Apr 13 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

35 miles today with local club ..... takes me up to 200 miles for the week. Was very nearly shorts weather today
Ian W

7th Apr 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time since last year where I have come home with a dusty bike rather than covered in mud
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to my endomondo im up to nearly 1000 miles this year which aint bad for an ex 18 stone fat cunt.
Dr Pepper

7th Apr 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
according to my endomondo im up to nearly 1000 miles this year which aint bad for an ex 18 stone fat cunt.

Thats impressive .... Im an ex 20 stone cunt lol Cycling is pretty damn effecting in shifting fat. I started doing a 20 mile round commute a couple of years back and it just fell off me .... wish I worked further away so it was still worth commuting on bike - my work is so close that it would take me longer to get changed than it would to do the actual route.
Jamie Walby

7th Apr 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work!
smcGSI16V

7th Apr 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's very well done tbh.

I done 600 miles September -December before breaking my collarbone and lost 3/4 stone in weight and trimmed up.
Problem was I put that all back on over Christmas till end of Feb whilst being inactive.
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:

Thats impressive .... Im an ex 20 stone cunt lol Cycling is pretty damn effecting in shifting fat. I started doing a 20 mile round commute a couple of years back and it just fell off me .... wish I worked further away so it was still worth commuting on bike - my work is so close that it would take me longer to get changed than it would to do the actual route.

14 mile round trip for me to do work and back on the bike. doesnt take me long, normally about 25 mins. in all honesty if it was much further than 10 miles i dont think id ever bike to work and back. i do enough physical work during work hours that im quite knackered by half 5
Nic Barnes

7th Apr 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to find bridalways etc near my house so i can go do some offroad miles on the mtb instead of just doing road miles but it seems impossible to find info. there are loads of footpaths, which im sure if i dont go flying down i wont get in bother as its quite a quiet area here anyway. bridalway maps seems impossible and not very clear.

<<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2013 24 database queries in 0.0247369 seconds