corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
27th May 14 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Yeah I didn't get the counter argument to Lewis being up "a couple of tenths". People were referring to a sector time which included partial running under yellows, and that info proves that he backed off as soon as the yellows displayed.

The boy was well up, and considering he was typically faster than Rosberg in S2 and S3 anyway (based on all weekend), it's a fair chance that he would have been clear on pole by a fair margin. (I'm thinking .5sec or more assuming Rosberg didn't match his first time).

Aye, saw a few people spouting the old "oh he was down anyway then, must've been lying about been up", F1 fans make me despair sometimes. Im not sure which forums you go on but just looking at the BBC/Sky Sports comment section and Twitter make me fear going anywhere near one I'd end up in a blind rage

Personally i wouldnt go as far as half a second, his 2nd sector was usually .2 on Rosberg and pretty similar last sectors so I'd go with .250 up on Nico's 1st run, maybe .300

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Was it really 10m later he braked? That sounds a hell of a lot.

I can understand trying 1/2m trying to gain that small bit but to brake 10m sounds a bit dodgy. After all the practice he has had is he really saying he still didn't know within 10m of where he should be braking?

Yep, the telemetry showed he broke 10m later than on his first run. It does sound a lot but you have to take into account that this was his last run and drivers do usually banzai it. Both Nico and Lewis broke 8m later into turn 1 for example. However, i know 2m doesnt sound a lot at 200kph but Nico would know. These drivers are that good they can measure their braking down to a few metres. I know he was all out but to me, that was far too late, he must've known and he isnt stupid, he knew that Lewis was behind and he knew if he did make a mistake, then it would ruin his lap.

My personal opinion is he went out, knowing he was under huge pressure, looking for a balls out lap and whilst he wasnt deliberately looking to go off he knew that if he did, he had a good chance of getting pole. So inthe back of his mind hes thinking "just go extreme in the braking zones and if i make a mistake, so what, poles mine"

[Edited on 27-05-2014 by JonnyJ]
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

My personal opinion is he went out, knowing he was under huge pressure, looking for a balls out lap and whilst he wasnt deliberately looking to go off he knew that if he did, he had a good chance of getting pole. So inthe back of his mind hes thinking "just go extreme in the braking zones and if i make a mistake, so what, poles mine"

Agreed, I don't think it was a premeditated cheat - but he knew that the odds were in his favour even if he binned it. Under normal circumstances I expect 10m later would be a bit much for a banzai lap, but if he managed it and hooked it up - he's a hero.

Nothing to lose from that perspective I guess, no way to avoid it other than a team policy in which the chasing driver always does his lap first.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uh, so apparently it's a "thing" that people believe Lewis was faking his eye/vision issue at the end of the GP?

I'm not sure what exactly he had to gain from dropping 6-7 seconds in about 3 laps, and then having to drive defensive (MonacoLOL) to Ricciardo for a few laps.

I think it's very odd that he had an eye issue, but I know from having stuff like folded over contact lenses that a single "foreign object" in your eye can severely screw you over for several minutes, particularly if you can't stick a finger in there to help. Depth perception will go to cock, which isn't what you want in an F1 car around Monaco. Hell it may even have been a sweat/suncream combo or something like that - we've all been there!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rosberg planted an eye lash in his eye I reckon.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

3rd Jun 14 at 04:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good insight into the different PU's. Much better than the shite Sky put up with their "exclusive".

Why they dont get someone like Somerfield on board is beyond me.
Ben G

3rd Jun 14 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What?
Scotty_B

3rd Jun 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
A good insight into the different PU's. Much better than the shite Sky put up with their "exclusive".

Why they dont get someone like Somerfield on board is beyond me.

JonnyJ

4th Jun 14 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF, sure i posted a link here

http://www.somersf1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/powerunit-architecture.html
JonnyJ

7th Jun 14 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See Ted was uttering shite again at the end of FP2.

"Hmm interesting there what Rosberg said about Pole being important. Does that mean that Merc have some kind of agreement that whoever gets pole not only gets best strategy (they dont Ted, whoever is leading at the window gets the preferred one) but also other advantages like, erm....start solutions??"

Yeah Ted, im sure Merc would sabotage the bloke in 2nd's start, makes total sense! Time they sacked him, hes useless, if his job is to be the technical man, then at least go out and find someone with an ounce of knowledge. He just seems to be chief shit stirrer right now.

[Edited on 07-06-2014 by JonnyJ]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamiltons losing it a bit. He needs to stop rosberg getting ahead as he will just get more and more confident
JonnyJ

7th Jun 14 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Hamiltons losing it a bit. He needs to stop rosberg getting ahead as he will just get more and more confident

Over reaction much? He made one tiny lock up and it cost him pole by a fraction.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just saying he needs to put a stop to rosberg getting ahead otherwise he's going to keep gathering momentum.

Hopefully will be able to do something tomorrow.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely rosbergs due a dnf
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Surely rosbergs due a dnf

I wish it worked like that I was paranoid Lewis would be looking at a gearbox penalty today after he struggled to find first in FP3

Pole "aint' all that" at Montreal, hopefully Lewis can stay close and doesn't have any overnight setup gremlins that he seems to get so often! I think tomorrow could see a few changes of lead again, and for the first time we will (hopefully) see if Lewis gains a real advantage from his seemingly better fuel consumption over Nico.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Williams seem to have sorted themselves out after the last couple of races. Good on them, hope they can get on the Podium.

Bit of a bummer about LH, but hopefully he gets past and takes control and the win.
JonnyJ

7th Jun 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just saying he needs to put a stop to rosberg getting ahead otherwise he's going to keep gathering momentum.

Hopefully will be able to do something tomorrow.

Long way to go yet. It will actually be an interesting one tomorrow, if they both maintain position. Canada has a massive DRS zone, so Lewis just needs to stick with him for the first 2 laps then do him. We havent had a race yet where Nico has had the pressure from behind (Monaco doesnt count) so lets see how he copes with it. Lewis' race sim was quick yesterday so hes got the pace.

According to Toto, Merc reckon there really just one strategy option for tomorrow, so he could really do with being in front before the first stop.
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine it's a one stopper, so not much hope of going SS-S-SS and pressuring Nico at the end, and he's not going to get the undercut if he stays behind, so yeah first stint is important for Lewis.

The Lewis fan in me wants him to simply beat him off the line (but that would take a REALLY bad start from Nico here) but the racing fan in me wants to see them get wheel to wheel like Bahrain, but with Lewis being the chaser this time around.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

7th Jun 14 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye sounds odd as i always want Lewis to win and him doing it Vettel style would increase my life expectancy greatly but i said after Spain that it will be interesting to see roles reversed and see if Nico can hold off the challenge. Obviously i didnt want that to be Monaco but hopefully we'll see a Spain/Bahrain situation here.

Like you say though, i think it'll be 1 stop so we wont be seeing any "opposite tyre" situations. Im hopeful Lewis has the race pace. Certainly he was still very upbeat in the interviews which suggests to me he reckons he still has a chance to win this. Important not to get mugged off the line though. Those Williams have been lightening off the line so watch out for them. Luckily its a short run!
Ben G

7th Jun 14 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feel really gutted. I'm sure lewis will make amends tomorrow.

In some cases it's better to be 2nd at the start, especially with the drs zones being so beneficial at Canada.

Sounds like he accepted he messed up today, going off his Facebook page.
JonnyJ

8th Jun 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting...

Tobias Grüner F1 &#8207;@tgruener 4h
Bad news for RB: Adrian Newey very likely will take a timeout from F1 after season. AMuS exclusive
Ben G

8th Jun 14 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way sounds like the toys have been thrown out of his pram.
Ben G

8th Jun 14 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a feeling lewis is gonna do Nico off the line today.

Not worrying though, it's a fantastic and fast track with plenty of overtaking opportunities, unlike Monaco.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jun 14 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
No way sounds like the toys have been thrown out of his pram.

Wonder if he's off to build his boats. He's been talking about becoming a boat designer for YEARS. He's proved everything he needs to prove over his F1 career, and perhaps he doesn't have the energy to start another 5-6 year project (Ferrari...).

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cavey

8th Jun 14 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what that other bloke was on about...

Sky Sports News &#8207;@SkySportsNews 12m
Adrian Newey signs long-term contract extension with Red Bull #SSN
Aaron

8th Jun 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27755688

<<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0281808 seconds