corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
27th Nov 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea and its an fq at the least
taylorboosh

27th Nov 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even looks faster than your scooby with no engine in it
AndyCorsaSport

27th Nov 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't far off 400bhp I think. We've fixed his dads car at my work, and his Ice creams vans, one of which we fit a body kit front bumper to
Ben G

27th Nov 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it went from definite head gasket failure to just a buggered radiator.

Good old cs, home of the scaremongers and doom merchants.

Glad to hear it's been a cheap fix for you.
AndyCorsaSport

27th Nov 13 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's like when your ill Ben, you type symptoms into google and it tells you your going to die. Type into CS what minor thing is up with your car and all of a sudden your been told to go price up new engines or even worse. Been sent to the dealer to buy a new one
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, CS wasn't really doom mongering - I'd made my mind up that the HG had gone before I even posted on the internet!

It was a shed load of white smoke, so part of me is still skeptical so eyes will be on the coolant temp like a hawk for a few weeks I'm sure.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Yea and its an fq at the least

The red one in the picture isn't the one with the dead engine btw (well, it might have a dead engine - but not the one I was referring to).

There was another one on ramps left of shot which I was talking about.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

27th Nov 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh right i see. Are you worried they might be ganging up on your scooby as we speak?
CORSA NUT

27th Nov 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Result fella

Although I agree I'm disappointed at the lack of the forged rebuild scenario 500 bhp in a blob would be perfect IMO

[Edited on 27-11-2013 by CORSA NUT]
Ben G

27th Nov 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need videos of you taking your cat for a spin in this as payback for photobombing numerous photographs.

I remember taking my cats round my mums once without a cage, in the puma. Fuck me, they were everywhere
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Nov 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Ahhh right i see. Are you worried they might be ganging up on your scooby as we speak?

The guys who work there have actually got quite a heavy Impreza bias to be honest, never miss an opportunity to slag off the Evo's they get in

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Result fella

Although I agree I'm disappointed at the lack of the forged rebuild scenario 500 bhp in a blob would be perfect IMO

[Edited on 27-11-2013 by CORSA NUT]

I've never known so many people wanting my car to blow up

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
We need videos of you taking your cat for a spin in this as payback for photobombing numerous photographs.

I remember taking my cats round my mums once without a cage, in the puma. Fuck me, they were everywhere

Taken her to the vets a few times, shit and sick everywhere

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car survived the drive home no worries, temperature well within usual levels.

See if it can manage two hours to Stafford on Saturday morning...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AK

29th Nov 13 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Dec 13 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was due to collect my car from Chevron in Stafford today but as it happens, Simon (the gaffer) got stuck in Sicily all week due to the weather

He spent yesterday hooning around in my car and we had a real long chat about it this morning.

Points he's identified:

Looks like my front arb is for a non widetrack car which has less factory castor at the front. As a result my ARB is fouling the wishbone under load through corners.

Coilovers are incorrectly setup and car has no droop (identified in this very thread when I installed them). He said he can fix that, I'm guessing with helper springs.

Top mounts at the rear have got play whilst in motion, hence my rattly rear. He's gonna strip them and inspect but could be a call for some replacements from BC.

I asked him to email me some recommendations on Monday, it might mean replacing both my ARBs and links with other items but I'm sure I can shift mine on. He's also going to spend time with me talking damper settings and also DCCD settings. He's a big believer that these cars are heavily handicapped with the DCCD in auto for even the weakest of track day drivers.

His final job is one of his world famous alignment setups

Another week without my car, but I've got Forza5 to keep me going

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

7th Dec 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forza 5 tonight?
taylorboosh

8th Dec 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GT6?
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Dec 13 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assetto Corsa..... Nuff said.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ETA for the car is now Saturday.

Job list is as follows:

Replace both Anti Roll Bars with Whiteline products, and adjustable droplinks. He's really not happy with the CDF fitment due to the amount of castor I'm already running, and he wants to run more.

Do some custom machine work on my front control arms to give more castor, and replace bushings accordingly.

Setup Damper stroke, ride height (rake) and full alignment.

Not a cheap do, annoyed that I'm replacing the CDF stuff as everyone honks about it and it looks good (orange). I've started talking to Chris who makes the stuff, he wasn't aware of any fitment differences between the newage cars - so either something is bent on my car (which I'd like to think Chevron would have spotted) or he's just not sold any bars to anyone other than myself on a widetrack car with the whiteline ALK (more castor).

Hoping I can recover some costs selling that all on, but we shall see.

Just want the car back now, it better be godlike to drive when I get it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Matt L

10th Dec 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you say this is in Stafford? few mins down the road from me
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Dec 13 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah man, Chevron. Go stick your head in and see if they're ripping me off.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

11th Dec 13 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he prolly has sold them to someone with a widetrack, but they probably arnt as anal as you are to notice. plus the chances that some scoobynetters driving through a corner on load is slim to none, they all just do tunnel runs
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Dec 13 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was all set to collect the car this morning, but got a call late Friday explaining that they're not happy with the setup.

They wanted to spend Saturday figuring out why, they suspected something is bent somewhere but said that they would be able to get it "just about" right if I absolutely needed to collect.

They've had the car for two weeks, so figured no point in compromising at this stage... plus I've been bummed by Man Flu so was in no fit state to travel over this morning anyway.

Their diagnosis today pointed to one of the control arms being slightly bent, still not sure whether it's rescue-able or whether we'll need to source a new one, will find out Monday.

They did however send me some pics to keep me happy

New (non orange ) rear ARB:

and the front:

New droplinks:

Modified (and apparently bent) control arm:

Will look at a midweek collection of the car, not sure I can handle another week car sharing with the missus.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Dec 13 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were also quite scathing about BC coilovers and what they're like to work with

Took two days apparently to get my dampers and rideheight setup correctly. No details yet on what was so awkward, but he hinted towards the damper rates being inconsistent across the different units on the "same settings".

Need to take with a pinch of salt, as every fitter has bias somewhere - but sounds like they've been working for their money, which is always good...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Matt L

15th Dec 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dare I ask how much this has all cost? (just this trip to the garage), sounds like they are doing a thorough job which sounds expensive

<<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0283511 seconds