corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Civic Type-R's are OFFICIALLY S**T

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda Civic Type-R's are OFFICIALLY S**T
Russ

User status: Offline
1st Apr 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there heavy as houses though mate, considering the power:weight ratio there fast as fuck.

what bhp is ur GSi? whats it weigh?
big eck

1st Apr 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a standard as it comes GSI m8 but with full leccy pack, power is around the 150 - 155bhp mark aint had it RR yet
Russ

1st Apr 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its gonna be around 300kg lighter than the CTR. that is seriously shit loads aint it?
big eck

1st Apr 04 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It cant be that much can it?? plus any extra weight that the hondas got the extra 50bhp will more than make up for it.
bubble

1st Apr 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seen the title thought id throw my bit in-i think they look really nice but the 2-0 vtec engine is nothing compared to the 1.8vtec as in the integra. me and a m8 raced some guy in one and we walked him. very nice though.
Russ

1st Apr 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, your gsi prob has more tourqe aswell. VTEC engines are amazingly fast, but untill u hit 5kish there normal engines. however, fit a VTEC boost controller, and your luaghin at 4k onwards, shitter top end though.
big eck

1st Apr 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get what you mean m8 but bear in mind my engine (XE) is an old engine with no fancy boost controler or Vtec so i'm well happy that I can stay clear in front of one with my standard engine.
Russ

1st Apr 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you raced many mate?

"its not how you stand by your car, its how you race your car"

dont matter what you drive, its how you drive it, you'r obviously a decent driver, and unless you know the CTR driver u raced was a goodun, or not trying etc. hard to judge.
bubble

1st Apr 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I get what you mean m8 but bear in mind my engine (XE) is an old engine with no fancy boost controler or Vtec so i'm well happy that I can stay clear in front of one with my standard engine.

at end of t'day, the x14xe,and x16xe are phenomenal units. when originally tested in germany by Adam Opel (the company) they were developed with 200bhp. they were then taken to 150bhp and the original corsa in europe were going to be launched with these 150bhp units in. but they were embarrassing the older bigger engines like the x18xe and the x20xev. so they were decreased more to 110bhp-they were sold in this form in europe but we had the less powerful ones. either way relations to age wise and power availability the xe family of engines are better than vtec in my eyes.
big eck

1st Apr 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've raced about half a dozen and I admit that some of them might not be good drivers but one of them was an older guy who also owns an MR2 turbo puttin out around 300bhp, and this guys been driving fast cars for years.
Russ

1st Apr 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd prefer an ITR anyday of the week though. much sexier.
Ian S

1st Apr 04 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/issue042.html

quote:
TOSSERS TAKE TYPE-R TOP TEN

There was good news for Honda this week with the release of the Motor Industry National Guild of Expert's latest figures for new car sales to wankers. The British-built hot hatch has secured a remarkable lead over its nearest rivals by entering the complete bell-end sales top ten for the first time, straight in at number two. 'The Civic Type-R has been selling well for a while now,' noted one industry observer. 'But this new chart position is something much more significant. It means the Honda has really become a complete nobber's favourite and that if you encounter a Type-R on the road you will probably notice that the driver is a total penis. Of course, driving like a cock isn't enough. This new ranking has been bolstered by other activities, in particular the hyper aggressive defence of the car on one-make internet discussion boards and a refusal to acknowledge that it isn't necessarily the best hot hatch in the entire world. Honda must be delighted. That really is the kind of utterly twatty behaviour you just can't buy.'
Elsewhere in the wanker top ten the loyal devotion of lame wannabes kept the BMW 318i at number one, a slot it has occupied for as long as anyone can remember. BMW's popularity amongst total ringpieces also kept the M3 and X5 in fourth and eight places respectively. With the Civic Type-R in at two, the Porsche Boxster slipped to third, and there was good news for Mitsubishi whose Evo VIII moved ahead of the Subaru Impreza WRX, helped by the anonymous internet poster who last month doctored Sniff Petrol's own spoof Evo advert so that it read 'Always one step ahead', something that effortlessly exposed the high wanker contingent now amongst the Evo driving community, whilst also making no fucking sense whatsoever. The Audi TT remains a top ten fixture and it was good to see a concerted programme of motorway tailgating and inappropriate sunglasses wearing has paid dividends for the now very wankery A4. Finally, good news for Citroen as the Saxo fills in the tenth place once again. That's got to be something worth celebrating, perhaps by using your front fogs when the visibility is perfect and then driving at 52mph in a 30 zone.

The twatty top ten
1. BMW 318Ci
2. Civic Type-R
3. Porsche Boxster
4. BMW M3
5. Mitsubishi Evo VIII
6. Impreza WRX
7. Audi TT
8. BMW X5
9. Audi A4
10. Citroen Saxo
antscorsa

1st Apr 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no waya fuckin xe of any kind is better than the vtec system, mate ur talkign aboutt he 1.4xe adn 1.6 producing 200bhpo in testing but the reason they never did make the things 200bhp cos it would fuckin blow up u tit, 200bhp out of a 1.4 and not having reliability issues woteva mate, simply the fact that sum wankers on here slate the CTR yet they aint even driven one take s the ultimate piss. and as for the styling then agan people cant compare a shitty vaux astra GSi or a clio 172 cos its the same fuckin shale as the astra 6 years ago juts curved the body how fuckin boring but then that just sums vaux up imo.
big eck

1st Apr 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
theres no waya fuckin xe of any kind is better than the vtec system, mate ur talkign aboutt he 1.4xe adn 1.6 producing 200bhpo in testing but the reason they never did make the things 200bhp cos it would fuckin blow up u tit, 200bhp out of a 1.4 and not having reliability issues woteva mate, simply the fact that sum wankers on here slate the CTR yet they aint even driven one take s the ultimate piss. and as for the styling then agan people cant compare a shitty vaux astra GSi or a clio 172 cos its the same fuckin shale as the astra 6 years ago juts curved the body how fuckin boring but then that just sums vaux up imo.

Calm down pal, its just peoples opinions and as i've stated if there that good then why cant they beat a shitty old GSI with the old XE
bubble

1st Apr 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa

er excuse me. eyeball. did i compare styling?? no. i was talking about the xe family. when testin engines,u tit, manufacturers develop them on worse case scenarios. the x16xe was tested in germany with 200bhp(if u think im talikng shit check opel.com or check the total vauxhall archive). it didnt blow up. reliability issues? did i say they were reliable with 200bhp? u tit. no. vtec gains power by changing the cam timing at a certain oil pressure. the xe engine has a smooth power curve, all the way to 6500rpm.

and as for ctr. did i mention them, u tit? no.
but in case u want know i have driven one and theyre 'ok'.
park your horse up and go sit down,like a good boy.
u tit
Hammer

1st Apr 04 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think this thread goes to show that when it comes to cars theres no definitive answer!

Cars are all about opinion one mans dream car can make another baulk, its just the way it is, people should calm down, sure make your point but u aint gonna change sum1s opinion who has their mind made up no matter how hard you try
bubble

1st Apr 04 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just gave an opinion. some loon startin running his mouth
chris_lee100

1st Apr 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian Storey
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/issue042.html

quote:
TOSSERS TAKE TYPE-R TOP TEN

There was good news for Honda this week with the release of the Motor Industry National Guild of Expert's latest figures for new car sales to wankers. The British-built hot hatch has secured a remarkable lead over its nearest rivals by entering the complete bell-end sales top ten for the first time, straight in at number two. 'The Civic Type-R has been selling well for a while now,' noted one industry observer. 'But this new chart position is something much more significant. It means the Honda has really become a complete nobber's favourite and that if you encounter a Type-R on the road you will probably notice that the driver is a total penis. Of course, driving like a cock isn't enough. This new ranking has been bolstered by other activities, in particular the hyper aggressive defence of the car on one-make internet discussion boards and a refusal to acknowledge that it isn't necessarily the best hot hatch in the entire world. Honda must be delighted. That really is the kind of utterly twatty behaviour you just can't buy.'
Elsewhere in the wanker top ten the loyal devotion of lame wannabes kept the BMW 318i at number one, a slot it has occupied for as long as anyone can remember. BMW's popularity amongst total ringpieces also kept the M3 and X5 in fourth and eight places respectively. With the Civic Type-R in at two, the Porsche Boxster slipped to third, and there was good news for Mitsubishi whose Evo VIII moved ahead of the Subaru Impreza WRX, helped by the anonymous internet poster who last month doctored Sniff Petrol's own spoof Evo advert so that it read 'Always one step ahead', something that effortlessly exposed the high wanker contingent now amongst the Evo driving community, whilst also making no fucking sense whatsoever. The Audi TT remains a top ten fixture and it was good to see a concerted programme of motorway tailgating and inappropriate sunglasses wearing has paid dividends for the now very wankery A4. Finally, good news for Citroen as the Saxo fills in the tenth place once again. That's got to be something worth celebrating, perhaps by using your front fogs when the visibility is perfect and then driving at 52mph in a 30 zone.

The twatty top ten
1. BMW 318Ci
2. Civic Type-R
3. Porsche Boxster
4. BMW M3
5. Mitsubishi Evo VIII
6. Impreza WRX
7. Audi TT
8. BMW X5
9. Audi A4
10. Citroen Saxo

lol this is quite true, however, I have respect for WRX's and EVOS cos of insurance premiums too but we are all individual!! Porsche boxter is a classic and well, as for TT's. I pulled up to one @ the lights in my cally t, it hadnt been washed (my car) for about two months and on a N plate he looked at me like I did a poo on his carpet on Easter sunday. Lights changed, bye bye, some people need to look up "Phase" in the dictionary !!
Trucido

1st Apr 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets be honest they all get to your average speed limit of 30mph...be happy
chris_lee100

1st Apr 04 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, thats it int it mate, how often do you get to put your foot down these days, not often enough, and when u do u can bet your grans sunday roast theres a black 04 plate mondeo behind you waiting to pounce into knightrider mode, those coppers are worse than us for there littel hidden lights, should bobby cars come with neon kits as standard these days !!
Trucido

1st Apr 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmfao knightrider mode, u can imagine them playin the theme music at the same time
SideShowBob

2nd Apr 04 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, critisism is fair if the people critisising something have a genuine reason to do so, like they've driven one and it didnt appeal to them, its a bit much coming on and just going "they're cr*p".
Appologese for the aggressive reply Ojc, but try driving one, as you may be surprised. I dont own one, but have driven one, and I was quite impressed with the power throughout, didnt feel slow, and figures for 0-60 and 0-100 back it up as being a pretty quick hothatch.

There are probably a lot of owners who overestimate them, but then they're enthusiastic about their cars, and VTEC engines are for enthusiasts.
I also get a bit peeved when some owners make them out to be supercars, but its easy to get carried away about a car you like.

Im on my 3rd VTEC Honda, had a VTi-S Civic, then Integra Type-R, now have an S2000, and really cant fault the VTEC system, even after a 315BHP RX7 I had, with loads of grunt.

Running costs and reliability are what Honda try and achieve alongside performance, so there are going to be obvious sacrifices to be made somewhere, and that comes in the form of power/torque low down in the rev range.
Its not a huge prob, at least I dont find it so, but I can certainly understand some ex turbo owners points of views on the lack of serious grunt low down.

End of the day, different things appeal to diferent people, and we'll all love and hate different cars, so any argument is pointless, unless the car has a very serious flaw.
Robbo

2nd Apr 04 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL @ this thread now
stubbsy

2nd Apr 04 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk the vtec and xe's i want one of these
Jason Iles

2nd Apr 04 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl don't we all

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Civic Type-R's are OFFICIALLY S**T 22 database queries in 0.0303552 seconds