corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell
Buzz

User status: Offline
16th Jul 07 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well by the blue pic.

im also building a mk1 astra at the moment,gunna be glacier white,with gte kit,18s and slammed also puttin an xe in it on r1 carbs.

Graeme
Premium Member

16th Jul 07 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics?
Buzz

16th Jul 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate,not yet,thats the only pic i have before it got completly stripped,its a shell at the moment,hoping to have it painted by the end of summer,ready for a winter of long nights.

[Edited on 16-07-2007 by Buzz]

[Edited on 16-07-2007 by Buzz]
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Jul 07 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE : 23-07-2007 WHEELS ARE BACK

Unfortunatly there a bit pitted, gota spray the insides and out sides of them just to tidy them up a bit but there very bling and im happy with them! what u think?

Hamish

23rd Jul 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snap

theres only 2 of them

these where on ebay a while ago went for £101 or something didnt they?

How come they dont have a dish on them?

Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Jul 07 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
Snap

theres only 2 of them

these where on ebay a while ago went for £101 or something didnt they?

How come they dont have a dish on them?

these were on the bay but i bought them early, they arent 928 wheels, there silver rose wheels which are a bit rare and cost me more!
i stil got a bargain cos it came with the metal genuine center caps, also the other wheels are in the boxes and couldnt be bothered to get them out!
Graeme
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: 12-08-2007 Bodywork but not good new for the wheels!

Took the car to my work the other week and got on with a bit of work on it this saturday for a few hours.

Firstly i Smacked both the arches out to give that extra bit of clearance with the wheels, crap pics:

As you can see in the pic bove i tried on the wheels adaptor but not much use now.

New tyres for wheels to give it that nice stretch:

Did a small amount of welding so only a few more holes to do now and 2 inner wings!

Had to prime up a bumper so used a little left overs to see how straight the doors were and they look pretty good evn if i do say so myself!

Now the wheels, the polished Porsche silver rose wheels that were ment to be going on the car are unfortunatly no longer.
I tried to fit them at the weekend on the back (the 9j ones) and with out tyres they foul big style on the filler neck so i am gona either have to put a 25 - 30mm spacer on it which will then mean it will be a 50mm spacer due to the adaptor plates allready on there which are 25mm and that would put a shit load of stress on the rear beam and clearence on the arch wont be good so im gona be going down another route!

RIP wheels

Robin
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move the filler neck
Graeme
Premium Member

12th Aug 07 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its still about 3mm from the shock without tyres and it would mean moving the place it exits the fuel tank!
Mattb

12th Aug 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ally tank in boot.. problem solved..
antscorsa

12th Aug 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah theres ways round that!!
you got to have them wheels on, they woudl make the car!!!
Graeme
Premium Member

13th Aug 07 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
ally tank in boot.. problem solved..

didnt think of that till guy at work mensioned it, will still need a small spacer to get away from the shock!
dna23

13th Aug 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'd be worth it
antscorsa

13th Aug 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u wont need a 25mm spacer tho will you.
just get a 5mm spacer, if your running stretched tyres then the tyre wall shouldnt exceed the wheel anyway
Graeme
Premium Member

13th Aug 07 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i will cos the wheel is no where near the adaptor plate at the moment! so need about 15mm just to get it to fit on there then about another 10mm to get it past fouling on the fuel filler
Graeme
Premium Member

13th Aug 07 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus where can i get an ally tank for it the boot?
and does anyone know if it has an external pump or internal?
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Aug 07 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 18-08-2007 Welding and filler work

Got on with a bit more work today and over the past week, pretty slow as been busy with private jobs, but it all funds this!

First off when i started to flare the arch (smack the shit out of) it all decided to crack and fall to bits on me, took it back and its basically a filler arch.

Ordered a new one which cost about £15 so not to bad and welded that on, bloody welder decided to fook up though just wen i started to managed to tack it on with no gas presure.

Got it on enough and decided to call it a day, the next morning i decided to go next door and ask if i could borrow one of the guys welders from there, he didnt have any but new ones but luckily he let me borrow it if i kept it clean, so i used it and seem welded it all on.

Also why i was there i decided that i want my Porka wheels to stay so i removed the fuel filler cap!

Ground down the edges and cut a plate to size.

Welded that on.

Luckily i havent actually used alot of my filler as when ever im doing customers cars i just mix up a bit to much filler and slap that on when ever i have a bit left. I hate putting filler in though which is why i usually put the first lot in shit and then just buzz that back with a DA and then skim it again and block that!

Wing filler:

Filler cap filler:

also the front which was stone chiped has all been rubbed down, dent fillered up and the top half which the bumper covers re stonechiped.

No pics of the whole car but its pretty much rubbed down, just goat finish off the filler work and then thats me all done and ready for primer, wana get it in primer next week and then paint the inside of it!

[Edited on 18-08-2007 by Graeme]
Paul H

18th Aug 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting there mate
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Aug 07 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, slowly but surley, trying to sell my corsa so much at the mo so i can buy the mk1 golf gti i want, so many to choose from!
Paul H

18th Aug 07 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep takes a while to get a good one
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Aug 07 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul H
yep takes a while to get a good one

have found a few but there is one for cheap that i like and only needs a few bits tarting up on it!
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: 21-08-2007 Wheels Fitted

So today i got my tyres fited to the rims first, this was an event in its own!
I use a garage trough work that the guy there is good to me with pricing the job into another cutomers so genrally get it free but today he got a generous tip so he didnt scratch them!

I left the wheels there with the tyres as i needed to get back to work with some other wheels. As soon as i got back to work i got a phone call from him saying could i get up there asap, he wouldnt say why, got a bit worried so flew up there.

The front wheels were done with a nice small amount of stretch but the rears just wouldnt pop onto the rim, They are 215/40 tyres on a 9j rim. They took it up to 70psi but still wouldnt pop on.

He didnt want to take it much past that without a cage. so i asked him to po it all off the bead and give me it, i took it to 85psi and it finally poped on, to say i was shitting it was an understatement but it went on, the other was much the same but only went to 70 psi this time!

All together:

Fronts, 195/45 on 7j:

Rears, 215/40 on 9j: (well worth the panick)

Quikcly chucked them on but need a few mm spacer to clear the rear beam.
Also got some bolts the other day which cost me a fortune £48 bloody quid for 16.

Need to find some coilovers now so i can slam it but what you think so far?
Robin
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes, they're going to look absolutely spot on

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by Robin]
bieransri

21st Aug 07 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck yea thats should paint it back to its original green
Paul H

21st Aug 07 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant beleive they took so much getting on i thought they would just pop on.
my mate has 165/50's on his 9j
good stretch though buddy

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell 23 database queries in 0.0177250 seconds