corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New corsa community.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New corsa community.
corsacant

User status: Offline
5th Oct 06 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well like I said before it's up and running and paid for. SEO is the next battle which I've started on.
I never once was under the illusion that it would compete with any of the big sites. It was set up on request and is staying up. It is definately going to be online for a year at the very least as all the bills are paid for so we'll have to see how it progresses from there.

And can I just say thanks to the few who haven't slated it.
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we're at 13 in yahoo search ranking already and that's after just over 2 weeks.
I've done a bit of SEO now and have a google sitemap which should hopefully help out.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

13? where?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=corsa+forum&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yahoo I said. .co.uk to be precise.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and im not being funny but whats this gold membership about?

whos gonna part with money to be on a site with bugger all features and about 10 members?

i realise this and am not even contemplating offering paid for membership on vagweb yet

[Edited on 09-10-2006 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=corsa+forum&ei=UTF-8&meta=vc%3DcountryUK&fl=0&vc=countryUK&fr=FP-tab-web-t340&b=1

nope still nowhere in sight
Liam

9th Oct 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got beaten by Corsa Crazy
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with so many other corsa forums about there is no way you will get near the top for decent searchs, escpecially with a page rank of 0
Marc

9th Oct 06 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C above Corsa Sport
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=vag+forum&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

5th

also even better on yahoo

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=octavia+forum&fr=FP-tab-web-t340&ei=UTF-8&meta=vc%3DcountryUK

3rd
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give us bloody chance. Been online for 2 weeks and getting slated like mad already. You should know that a new forum takes time to build up content and members.
Same with the pagerank, it can take ages to get a half decent one. CS is only a 3 and CC is only a 2.
Also look closely at number 12 on the yahoo search.

[Edited on 09-10-2006 by corsacant]
Eck
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've signed up. Cause everybody's gotta start somewhere eh
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, that's all we need just a bit of help and encouragement.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

number 12 gives me this

http://www.fastandmodified.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&f=21
Liam

9th Oct 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But i dont understand, why? There are already plenty of Corsa Forums out there, what will make yours better, than the rest

Seems like a waste of time. IMO.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just i question your motives, with a donate buttom looming in the top corner and gold membership dotted around, just looks like to me your out to make a quick buck, rather than making something purely out of your interest for it
Eck
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsacant
Cheers mate, that's all we need just a bit of help and encouragement.

Exactly, instead of the people who's main priority is to put you down. The amount of effort people are spending to make a comment on how pointless it is to make another corsa site, could be spending that time signing up, or even putting it on another forum. Which is what I'll be doing to help out
Eck
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
But i dont understand, why? There are already plenty of Corsa Forums out there, what will make yours better, than the rest

Seems like a waste of time. IMO.

as he's said Liam, his intention is not to be the best site mate. it doesn't have to be a war between corsa site's
Liam

9th Oct 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that, but, I don't get the attraction to just all of a sudden, start up a forum.

Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes like the idiot who set up vagweb
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To answer the gold member question. It's purely just to try and help cover the costs of hosting. We already have enough for the next 6months. In return for the £3 they get Image hosting, access to discounts, and access to the arcade. Not bad for £3 IMO. One user went to buy a set of lights of Rimstyle and saved £7.50 due to the discount. Not a lot I know but it all helps.
And as for the yahoo thing look here:pic
Not a clue why it isn't showing up for you.

Liam

9th Oct 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Exactly
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Oct 06 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
The amount of effort people are spending to make a comment on how pointless it is to make another corsa site, could be spending that time signing up, or even putting it on another forum.
And the amount of effort people are spending to sign up and post a question that won't get answered, they could be in their regional forum making that stronger.

I'm curious what Gold Membership is buying. We've got flags and the stands still need work. Did you think you were going to make some money, buy some furniture and magic some commitment from somewhere

This is a long term commitment to the world at large. Not some pocket money after you've sorted the bandwidth bill for a few Mb per week.

[Edited on 09-10-2006 by Ian]
Eck
Premium Member

9th Oct 06 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

couldn't agree more (I'll probably be banned from there now eh )
corsacant

9th Oct 06 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm definately not in it for a quick buck. I'm already £70 out of pocket and see no way of getting that back.
As I stated earlier, a lot of CC members were fed up of it not being maintained and wanted a site that was. So I set it up. I reckon I can do a 100% better job than CC and it's already shaping out better. There's no slanging matches, no racism, no sexism, just help.
And I know it looks a bit iffy with the donate button there but like I said it all helps out for hosting.
I'm hoping to remove all that anyway once I get a more permanent header made up.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New corsa community. 22 database queries in 0.0189359 seconds