corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Max Power: Opinions needed!

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Max Power: Opinions needed!
Colin

User status: Offline
7th Nov 06 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the name
Get rid of the scuddy girls
Go back to the content found in editions of the early-mid 90's....but with up to date motors (Maybe something oldschool in each issue too)
Stop giving away free shit no one wants thus allowing you to lower the price a little bit (Sorry but for the current price id rather buy a different mag)

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Colin]
antscorsa

7th Nov 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id even go as far as changing the logo but then uve got it on a lot of prodcuts etc.
Colin

7th Nov 06 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Max Power name has done itself to death imo, too much distaste associated with it....I would be less embaraced buying a top shelf mag from the newsagents & having to walk down the street with it than I would buying Max Poor

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sent you a u2u mate
Colin

7th Nov 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A brief history of max power -

How did it ever go from this:

Interesting

Then to this:

Getting silly

(Write up is crap!!)

Finally its all about :

Tacky

Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe the response Max Power has got from corsasport, being new to corsa sport and being very stereotypical i thought you guys were all about All Show and No Go!!!!! I am so sorry i have now been hit with respect for you lot and i am proud to be on here.

Max Power is full of cars that are totally transformed from the original car to the point it looks like something else, which i don't think is the idea of modifying, making a saxo look like golf or a corsa looking like an audi etc.

Feature more cars that make the most of the std shape etc and also some hatches that have more bhp than db!!!!!!

I'm not saying change the whole mag but my thoughts of MAX POWER was that it covers all the modifyed scenes??? SO DO IT!!!!!!

Just my opinions.

And TBH keep the ladies in, it's like getting 2 mags for the price of 1 lol!!!!
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF who are you, your not me
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

And hello to you!!!!!

I have just swapped my ibiza for a corsa.

and no i'm not you!!!!!

I registered 8 hours ago and now i own a corsa i need a new username!!
Colin

7th Nov 06 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a few guys with big lairy kits, they like that so thats fine, most of the peeps on here are either young with small engined 1st car, older with tuned 1.6 / 2L corsa or something different...non corsa.

Good mix of folk
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top site guys, i wasn't saying big body kits are bad, it's their choice wot they spend their money on.
Colin

7th Nov 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think everyone goes through a bodykit phase at some point in their life I know I did...thankfully didnt follow it through though I blame Max Power

Take a look at Flaming Corsa's Garage & Boyracer2002 if you want to see extreme kits Both well done I'll add...just not my think
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i've just swapped my car for SteveW's so i think it's fair to say i'm more about power!!!!
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too many steve's

couldve spent some cash on the ibiza, made it IHI then you wouldve been 300bhp+

i personally think you got the worse deal as you swapped a car that was worth more for a car thats worth less
stuartmitchell

7th Nov 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
I can't believe the response Max Power has got from corsasport, being new to corsa sport and being very stereotypical i thought you guys were all about All Show and No Go!!!!! I am so sorry i have now been hit with respect for you lot and i am proud to be on here.

Max Power is full of cars that are totally transformed from the original car to the point it looks like something else, which i don't think is the idea of modifying, making a saxo look like golf or a corsa looking like an audi etc.

Feature more cars that make the most of the std shape etc and also some hatches that have more bhp than db!!!!!!

I'm not saying change the whole mag but my thoughts of MAX POWER was that it covers all the modifyed scenes??? SO DO IT!!!!!!

Just my opinions.

And TBH keep the ladies in, it's like getting 2 mags for the price of 1 lol!!!!

Finally a newbie......and a steve worth listening too. Couldn't of put it better myself.

I think it also depends on what market you want to target:

By putting big kitted cars and birds in the mag you will obviously appeal to a younger market who buy it to see how many subs you can fit in a door or whack one off over some fat bird at crail on a december afternoon....

By placing well enginered cars in the mag with well thought out styling you will attract the enthusiast. I think I speak for a good 70% on here when I say we would rather see a 300bhp subtle corsa on the front page rather than the latest "creation" from some cowboy with too much filler on his hands.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
<trim>

Finally a newbie......and a steve worth listening too.

yes that stevew talks some utter crap dont he

[Edited on 07-11-2006 by Steve]
stuartmitchell

7th Nov 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally a newbie......and a steve worth listening too. Couldn't of put it better myself.

I think it also depends on what market you want to target:

By putting big kitted cars and birds in the mag you will obviously appeal to a younger market who buy it to see how many subs you can fit in a door or whack one off over some fat bird at crail on a december afternoon....

Cheers Mate.

I've just brought SteveW's corsa turbo which hasn't been featured, so if MAX POWER wants to i suppose it would give me an excuse to buy MAX POWER!!!!!!
By placing well enginered cars in the mag with well thought out styling you will attract the enthusiast. I think I speak for a good 70% on here when I say we would rather see a 300bhp subtle corsa on the front page rather than the latest "creation" from some cowboy with too much filler on his hands.
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
too many steve's

couldve spent some cash on the ibiza, made it IHI then you wouldve been 300bhp+

i personally think you got the worse deal as you swapped a car that was worth more for a car thats worth less

Well i didn't have the money for IHI. Your talking 4-5k just on the engine, then suspension then brakes. Gets out of hand. SteveW's car is complete for £5500. Mine was up for £5500.

So imo i came off better.

Either way i'm over the moon and he's happy too!!!
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 06 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Change the name
That is the one thing I would keep!
Cupra Steve
Banned

7th Nov 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Change the name
That is the one thing I would keep!

I'd say have a sister mag, MAX FILLER?????

Keep Max Power but fill Max Filler with all the crap!!!! LOL
stuartmitchell

7th Nov 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Max just has to decide what route it wants to go down, the under 17 route or the enthusiast route

If you need a marketing manager let me know
Nick

7th Nov 06 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my oppinion max power needs to be brought back down to earth also i think the women should be given the boot from the pages. i read max power when was about 15, 3 years ago... i enjoyed reading some of the features at the same time it counjered illusions of what i wanted to do with my car when the time came. I have matured from that stage and now understand more specilised and sophisticated ways of moddifying which do not hold any kind of bad immage which is now associated with max power. Less of the fibre glass chavvy cars which seem to make the covers. Could you not bring max back to its roots and find a market niche which to me is there proving a magazine for people working on a budget, like the vast majority of its readers?

By the way this is an excellent method of primary research! i have put into my business studies homework
clive306

8th Nov 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking along the lines of other users of this forum.

Too many useless adverts. I know the companies pay to advertise (which is good cus that means more money for you) and readers pay to read (again more money for you).
But the adverts are just overkill for tha magazine. its got worse i think over the last year or so... which is why i hardly buy it now.

The magazine should be focused more on showing the peoples cars. your average modified cars.. Not those that people have had 10k+ loans for.

you should have sections in the mage
eg..
Joe publics cars..
a page of hot rides done with stupid amounts of money. (ie young people having stupid loans and regretting it after they smash the bumper).
then you should have a section showing what the smaller companies are achieving each month (a different company in a different region every month)..

Your Standards are too high to get into the magazine, you want to show people something nie (not falling to bits), but something they could realistically afford to do with their car.

if you have any well paid jobs, i have alot more ideas i see would interest people more.. then get intouch

ALSO i know the thread is about the magazine, but i think you need to do something with MAX Live, it gets worse every year.
Cybermonkey

8th Nov 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by clive306

Too many useless adverts. I know the companies pay to advertise (which is good cus that means more money for you) and readers pay to read (again more money for you).
But the adverts are just overkill for tha magazine. its got worse i think over the last year or so... which is why i hardly buy it now.

The magazine should be focused more on showing the peoples cars. your average modified cars.. Not those that people have had 10k+ loans for.

eg..
Joe publics cars..
a page of hot rides done with stupid amounts of money. (ie young people having stupid loans and regretting it after they smash the bumper).
then you should have a section showing what the smaller companies are achieving each month (a different company in a different region every month)..

Your Standards are too high to get into the magazine, you want to show people something nie (not falling to bits), but something they could realistically afford to do with their car.

if you have any well paid jobs, i have alot more ideas i see would interest people more.. then get intouch

ALSO i know the thread is about the magazine, but i think you need to do something with MAX Live, it gets worse every year.

clive306

8th Nov 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by clive306

eg..
Joe publics cars..

ay?

ok, probably i shouls of started byr saying
I may be thinking along the lines of other users of this forum.

and not

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Max Power: Opinions needed! 22 database queries in 0.0150409 seconds