corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool vs Utd - Match Banter! Sponsored by Topshot's Delusions Plc

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool vs Utd - Match Banter! Sponsored by Topshot's Delusions Plc
Cosmo

User status: Offline
4th Mar 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
You'd now rather Chelski to win it?

no.

Id rather both got found guilty of being cunts and demoted to the 4th division
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt hold your breath
Cosmo

4th Mar 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I wouldnt hold your breath

I know

If only I was in charge at the FA!
Marc

4th Mar 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually dislike Liverpool more than I did because of you! I was at football the other week slagging Liverpool off calling them all the names under the sun when I found out they'd scored against Barcelona and a Liverpool fan was "do you mind"
Cosmo

4th Mar 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went soft, my hatred of Chelsea clouded my hatred of Utd.

They are both back level now, and the forces have been restored.
MarkM

4th Mar 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We (Liverpool) need a 25 goal a season machine...

Man for man we can compete with the likes of Chelsea and the Mancs...but they both have better striking options which gives them the edge at the minute...

I would sooner Arsenal win the league...

C'Mon you gooooonneerrrsss!
chris-sri

4th Mar 07 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate Liverpool and Chelsea equally

The only difference is that I respect Liverpool as a club that has tradition and history.
Cosmo

4th Mar 07 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, that is the only slight difference i see chris between you two scum!

mark...couldn't agree more.
Russ

4th Mar 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the funiest thing was, jamie's predition was closest
J da Silva

4th Mar 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what is amusing is Mourinho has quit with the conceited anal talk, Benitez lost the plot and turned into a Sunday League manager from August to December, Wenger doesn't know which side he's best off putting out, the kids or the veterans and the old age pensioner (Fergie) is just going about his business and praising his rival teams in aftermatch interviews, nice one old man...nice one.

[Edited on 04-03-2007 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Cosmo

4th Mar 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

benitez turned into a sunday league manager?
Marc

4th Mar 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you want him to say?
J da Silva

4th Mar 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Probably that Benitez didn't make tactical mistakes in the first half of the seasons and that after he announced the teamsheet before the game, the subs ran on the pitch pretending to be the picked players?
Hammer

4th Mar 07 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just when you think the wily old fox has lost it he comes back wth another new team

I think this seasons summary is simple Man United have had a batch of players in purple patches, Giggs Scholes Neville Rio and Van Der Sar have rolled back the years. Vidic and Evra have been revelations imo Carrick has been essential to their shape and then you have the 2 jewels in the crown Ronaldo and Rooney.

Chelsea have signed too many big time charlies, Ballack has been going through the motions and Shevchenko has flopped. Arsenals team will take time, it's a very young side and for me Liverpool would have had a lot more points just now if they had better strikers.
Marc

4th Mar 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool spent and don't have a lot to show for it imo. Ballack has been a bigger flop than Shevchenko for me. Either next season or the one after Arsenal will come good I think.

[Edited on 04-03-2007 by Marc]
Hammer

4th Mar 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Liverpool do manage Etoo or someone of that ilk they'll do well next season imo
Robbo

4th Mar 07 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsene may finally spend big in the summer... word is he has his eyes on Eto'o or Robinho... both of whom are likely to leave their current clubs!
Russ

4th Mar 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robinho? hahahaha plllllease
MarkM

4th Mar 07 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Just when you think the wily old fox has lost it he comes back wth another new team

I think this seasons summary is simple Man United have had a batch of players in purple patches, Giggs Scholes Neville Rio and Van Der Sar have rolled back the years. Vidic and Evra have been revelations imo Carrick has been essential to their shape and then you have the 2 jewels in the crown Ronaldo and Rooney.

Chelsea have signed too many big time charlies, Ballack has been going through the motions and Shevchenko has flopped. Arsenals team will take time, it's a very young side and for me Liverpool would have had a lot more points just now if they had better strikers.

Excellent summary

We need a David Villa...

Ronaldo with 16 goals this year and god knows how many assists is a major reason Man Ure are doing so well...
MarkM

4th Mar 07 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although I thought Bellamy give Vidic the run around at Anfield...was probably the worst I have seen him play all season...
Cosmo

5th Mar 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I couldnt agree more TBH Hammer, the amount of games we have controlled this season yet just havent put the ball into the back of the net - despite loads of chances.

That has been our problem for years now and never found anyone to bang them in since Fowler was banging 30+ in years back now. Even Owen wasnt a prolific forward like RVN or Henry IMO.
Cosmo

5th Mar 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the problem wasnt the teams he was picking, it was the fact all our big names werent playing well at the beginning of the season. Our forwards couldnt buy a goal, Alonso and Gerrard were shocking, and Reina and Carra were making mistakes every game.

Rotation (the reason for his team selections) has been something he was doing since he got to Anfield, and has won us the FA Cup and Champions League doing so, and also bringing in the highest points we have ever had in the Prem League. So if you want to blame Rafa's rotation then your just buying into the media hype and forgetting how it has actually worked for us!
Marc

5th Mar 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on about what do you expect Fergie to say, yeah he could slag the other teams.manager off in the post match interview, but whats the point? Rafa doesn't come across as a tosser and we were lucky with a win, so I don't see the need for being cocky about it. You would only whinge if he did anyway! Can't win.
Cosmo

5th Mar 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm on about what do you expect Fergie to say, yeah he could slag the other teams.manager off in the post match interview, but whats the point? Rafa doesn't come across as a tosser and we were lucky with a win, so I don't see the need for being cocky about it. You would only whinge if he did anyway! Can't win.

Ah...thought you meant what else can be said about Rafa other than a Sunday League amanager!!

I thought it was good Fergie saying that, would rather that than him be a cocky cunt like Mourinho. TBH though I doubt he would of been so nice if we had won like we should of!
Marc

5th Mar 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not! He always seems to admit when the team didn't perform though. I think there would have been a time where he would have defended Scholes too!

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool vs Utd - Match Banter! Sponsored by Topshot's Delusions Plc 23 database queries in 0.1374900 seconds