corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 07 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes on a car which requires a diffuser, the diffusers on the renaults is just as pointless, like i said just for show, which is fine if you like that sort of thing
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

why dont people just let me get on with my own views then instead of arguing with me to try and change them

surely it doesnt matter what i think if the vxr is simply as good as is being made out.

Having an opinion is fine. Going on and on and on and on and on about the same thing, of which you don't really know anything about, just shows ignorence and stupiditty and a want to just cause trouble and arguments.

I've said this time after time. Having an opinion is fine, but when the opinion is full of mis guiding facts, and is repeated over and over again, it just makes you look a simpleton and really shows your lack of knowledge about cars.

what you mean like you went on and on how vauxhall really bought out performance retarding mats
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So hours of wind tunnel testing count for nothing?

Renault did it for a reason, downforce, hence the big front bumper, to channel the air where they wanted it.

Vauxhall/Opel have done the same.
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes thanks daimo i know the purpose of a diffuser hence why its pointless on any car that is only capable of ~140mph its just for show

We'll let Mr Renault know that with his Clio Sport then.

Its not just for show..

Have you eve put your hand out the window at 70mph? What happens to if (without using muscles to keep it where it is?)

It goes backwards? Hmmmm, whats doing that i wonder? Airflow? At 70mph?

Hmmmm, a rear diffuser does nothing Nothing at all.

Anyway, hometime. Try doing some reading, maybe even a few test drives. Then your opinon may actually be worth something. Otherwise, in your own little former clubs saying... G T F
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What?

Renault tested the Clio in the wind tunnel to develop the aerodynamics to make the car perform better... Is that hard to fathom?
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

why dont people just let me get on with my own views then instead of arguing with me to try and change them

surely it doesnt matter what i think if the vxr is simply as good as is being made out.

Having an opinion is fine. Going on and on and on and on and on about the same thing, of which you don't really know anything about, just shows ignorence and stupiditty and a want to just cause trouble and arguments.

I've said this time after time. Having an opinion is fine, but when the opinion is full of mis guiding facts, and is repeated over and over again, it just makes you look a simpleton and really shows your lack of knowledge about cars.

what you mean like you went on and on how vauxhall really bought out performance retarding mats

Clutching at straws now Stevo..... Anythign to try to get a win over eh.....

Yup, i went on and on, and guess what, I WASN'T RIGHT.... Is there a lesson there????? STEVE - ENGAGE THAT BRAIN...
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
What?

Renault tested the Clio in the wind tunnel to develop the aerodynamics to make the car perform better... Is that hard to fathom?

Don't bother, i think he's just sitting there jacking off over the fact he's arguing rubbish and getting a reaction. We've made our points, we cannot help him understand the simple things in making a mass produced road car. Leave him in his little world of denial.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet you that corsa vxr would still get owned by a shitty 106gti on a track.

flame away all you like
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes the rear diffuser aid performance apparently

It does, because it covers the rear silencer etc. The Head of the VXR brand wouldn't have said it otherwise. I specifically asked him if the spoiler was performance enhancing, he said no. Then he moved to the diffuser and added it was performance enhancing, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't asked about the spoiler.

It isn't being worshipped because it is a Corsa. There have been many a thread, including one I started, about the new Clio, which has got just as much praise. We only talk about the Corsa more because we know more about it. I bet on Clio/Renault forums they're making a huge song and dance about the new Clio and praising the Corsa, but not talking about it a lot.

Did people see the 888 calliper I posted? Well that is most probably available as an extra on the Corsa VXR, why wouldn't it be?! It was advertised with various Astra bits (including front and rear body stiffeners which you can order). The size of the Vaux wheels are massive, Astra VXR discs and callipers will probably fit underneath.
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i bet you that corsa vxr would still get owned by a shitty 106gti on a track.

flame away all you like

I think the main point here Steve, is that nobody actually cares abnout the 106 in this instance.

Why must we compare everything to an old, dicontinued car?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because surely with all the money and research available to these people they should be making cars that are in a different league to some crappy cheap hatch back that came out in the late 90's, it would be unfair of me to lay all the blame on the corsa though, you could put pretty much all modern hatchbacks in the same boat tbh
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you considered the 'lardiness' of modern cars is to do with crash testing?

I know which I'd rather crash...

It's hard to build a car these days, due to all the regulations etc.

A 106 may well handle better, but if we're making random comparisons to old cars, your car would be beaten by a proper R5 Turbo.

Pointless, isn't it?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Have you considered the 'lardiness' of modern cars is to do with crash testing?

yes i have and i believe that is the main reasoning behind it
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To me it looks like Peugeot spent all their hard earned money on developing the 106 GTi. I can't remember a decent hot hatch from Peugeot in years.

I mean check out the 107, it has Corvette strips ffs - I wonder who they're targeting.

The Corsa VXR is fantastic for what it is, going by looks etc. The guy giving presentation even said they have done things to match the Clio and beat it, like having the seats as standard in a Corsa.

No-one has driven it on the road yet, I can't see it being shite. It had 19days or something stupid of testing at the Nurburgring alone THEN further testing in the UK.

Top value for money as well, yes, it is a lot of money for a Corsa but it isn't just a Corsa any more. It is a bigger car, better built, better performance, there is going to be a price to pay.

Have not all cars gone up in value in recent years?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes peuegeots recent efforts have been diabolical
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes peuegeots recent efforts have been diabolical

*faints*
Pete_vxl

7th Mar 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is class! and yes steve the 106 MAY outhandle the corsa in the corners but...the corsa will reach the corner first turbo power
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I forgot to mention, the chassis has been Lotus tuned
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Oh, I forgot to mention, the chassis has been Lotus tuned

yes so was the corsa b's

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by Steve]
Corsa E-Tec

7th Mar 07 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice that, could get the astra VXR 19's on there
mwg

7th Mar 07 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give up
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
give up

I do
Joe

7th Mar 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks pretty decent I think, would defo be worth a look if your after a small hot hatch.

Although for £16k you could get a few 106 GTI's which would be a better option.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Mar 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is

fact is these will sell really well, will be better than renaults, fords and peugot's offerings as it is a more unique car better built and will be massively tunable.
7 omm

7th Mar 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the bhp standerd on the bus then...

i thiunk i'll like mine more tbh...

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2 22 database queries in 0.0113740 seconds