corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Joined the gym - Week 12

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Joined the gym - Week 12
Marc

User status: Offline
14th Oct 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah not really, I knew gym threads on here always get heated!!!!. I'll take a few things on board and see how I get on. I made it mainly to keep track of my own progress/fitness and I'm sure others will find it interesting.
mattk

14th Oct 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

health and fitness day FTW
Marc

14th Oct 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually. Could be incorporated in to Match
Marc

18th Oct 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did back and shoulders tonight plus pec press which I missed on Tuesday as it was busy.

10 min treadmill
Pec Press - 61kg x 3
Lat Pulldown - 54kg x 2 47kg x 1
Chest Press (as it did back) - 54kg x 3
RTS Row - 40kg each arm x 2 35kg x 1
1000m rowing level 8
10 min treadmill
Mark.W

18th Oct 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my moto is.... its not how much you lift its how you lift it.any one can go in and throw heavy weights about.

been training for bowt 3 years i dont use any steroids i just use a lil creatine sometimes but havent used any for over 2 months now and i feel a lot better without using it tbh and seem to be growing better too.

i usually do 4 exercises of 4 sets per each body part and use the 10 rep method but this week i have been doing the 12 rep method to change things round a bit and hopeing to get more shape out of it.

i always do my exercises in different order every week so my body does not know what to expect when going into the gym

i also train 1 bodypart a night so im fully focused on that body part because its all in the mind even tho it may sound daft but its true.

routine at the moment

monday - shoulders & 30min cardio on crosstrainer at home after the gym

tuesday - back

wednesday - chest & 30min cardio on crosstrainer at home after the gym

thursday - bi's & tri's

friday - legs & 30min cardio on crosstrainer at home after the gym

saturday - bit of boxing on the bags and treadmill for 20-40 mins depanding how i feel

sunday rest

i train 5-6 days per week it may look a lot but its not if your doing only 1 bodypart a night and your also having roughly 7 days for each body part to recover.

I also buy my supplemnts from www.tsst.co.uk

at the min i only use USN PURE PROTEIN 5LB TUB,tastes nice and is really good quality protein.

for more info and good traing tips and a lot more on bodybuilding and fitness visit www.bodybuilding.com
Marc

3rd Nov 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following a set routine now and on Wednesday did shoulders. Did some 20kg free weights instead of the machines and it definaltey felt like I'd worked harder, taking the balance etc.

I'm now bench pressing 65kg, and doing 82kg on the fly press.
Hammer

3rd Nov 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to get some sort of set routine together tbh, i've sorted out my diet and i'm enjoying the gym at the minute. Just now i've just been battering the cardio every time i go 15 minutes running 15 minutes bike and 15 minutes on the rowing machine.
Marc

3rd Nov 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates have all joined a differant gym, which pleases me! One just does cardio and no weights I'm told, don't know why he bothers going! And another doesn'r follow a set routine and just hops from machine to machine, he takes all the shakes and supplements too and looks no differant!
mattk

3rd Nov 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been and did shoulders and biceps to day totally enjoyed it today
Marc

3rd Nov 07 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I did legs too.
mattk

3rd Nov 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo legs, im ashamed to say i have never done one legs session in the gym
Marc

3rd Nov 07 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the big guys in the gym do legs, its weird
Hammer

3rd Nov 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i've read so far and from folk's comments on here it's crucial yu work everywhere so the body remains in balance.
Marc

3rd Nov 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thats my opinion too Hammer.
Marc

17th Dec 07 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As well as doing shoulders with free weights I've started doing chest press with free weights too. On the Smith machine I've being bench pressing 70kg but used dumb bells tonight and used 25kg weights. I could have gone heavier but I wasn't sure if I could balance them. I'll go heavier next week. Not doing any leg excersise at the moment, except when on the bike as I have a calf injury from football.
Craig W

17th Dec 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good going Marc, yeah getting used to dumbells and the balance can take a couple of weeks but you'll benefit so much more than using machines. You did the right thing by going lighter to ensure correct form.
Marc

17th Dec 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried to convince my Dad to do them too but he was lured by the Smith which was going free!
Craig W

17th Dec 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still usually use the Smith for one of my pressing movements, i have problems with my shoulders so usually start off with flat bench on the Smith then move onto incline dumbell presses.
Carl

18th Dec 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I've actually been to the gym since I posted in here. Sorted out some voluntary work out with the cardic rehabilitation team so I should soon be working there.
AdZ9

18th Dec 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once you've used DB's regularly Marc it'll be much easier, have to give it time to get your balance right and also the smaller stabilizer muscles to get used to it, give it a few weeks of training lighter than you can so you'll get used to it quicker
Carl

18th Dec 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this might have been psychological for me but one day i'd be able to do 3 sets of 6 with a weight , then the next time I wouldn't be able to get it up on the first rep (no spotter but not talking massive weights, 24kg 26) my left arm would just fail to get passed a certian point, but then after that, i'd drop down a weight and find i wouldn't even be able to get that up. Used to seriously piss me off that.
Andy Stocker

18th Dec 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always prefered to do a lighter weight, but with good form. The amount of fools you see trying to lift heavy weights badly makes you wonder how long it will be until they hurt themselves!
Andy Stocker

18th Dec 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
this might have been psychological for me but one day i'd be able to do 3 sets of 6 with a weight , then the next time I wouldn't be able to get it up on the first rep (no spotter but not talking massive weights, 24kg 26) my left arm would just fail to get passed a certian point, but then after that, i'd drop down a weight and find i wouldn't even be able to get that up. Used to seriously piss me off that.

I had this last week
I was doing 3 sets of dumbell incline presses, did the 1st set at 30kg x 12, 2nd set at 35kg and failed at 9, then for some reason was able to do 12 at 35kg on the 3rd set Maybe it was the Rocky tune I was listening to
Carl

18th Dec 07 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swinging a barbell about doing waste of space bicep barbell curls, there is always one knocking about.
Andy Stocker

18th Dec 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched a guy the other day doing the seated cable row and he was leaning back to get the momentum to get the weight to his chest instead of being seated in a good posture with a straight back.
The other one I see is the lat pull down bar, the guy can't get the bar down so gets to a certain point then lifts his head up over the bar to complete a rep

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Joined the gym - Week 12 23 database queries in 0.0172660 seconds