corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill reserve judgement until it happens

does this mean corsasport will be corsa only? will folks reply to other cars with wkd racer..

Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS isn't really changing at all. We're not adjusting anything on here except that we may poach some users intentionally, but ultimately the decision of what site to post on will be the members'.
Ste L

31st Jan 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest i cant see it changing anything here, the people who go over will no doubt still post on here i would of though, like they probably do on other forum's them use..

i know i post on dif forum's etc etc
Paul_J

31st Jan 08 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good idea unless it attracts pricks, chavs and muppets. Don't need more knobs who don't know how to drive risking everyone's lively hood by driving like a twat and not obeying rules.

Perhaps bare that in mind and if people drive like a twat while in the group give them warnings and potential exclusion from future events as a result.

I'll be up for the track days, as usual.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul I see you concerns, I'll leave you to investigate how people driving too fast and revving engines at the PVS camp site were dealt with.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good plan. but ultimatly i think cs will lose some members who will then only use your weekend racer site

so cs may start to slip.

hope it doesnt though good luck
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Paul I see you concerns, I'll leave you to investigate how people driving too fast and revving engines at the PVS camp site were dealt with.

ian was the hard man of the camp site PVS 07

bollocked quite a few people for driving like tools
AndyKent

31st Jan 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Good idea unless it attracts pricks, chavs and muppets. Don't need more knobs who don't know how to drive risking everyone's lively hood by driving like a twat and not obeying rules.

Perhaps bare that in mind and if people drive like a twat while in the group give them warnings and potential exclusion from future events as a result.

I'll be up for the track days, as usual.

I think this can be overcome quite well, with a good bit of user targetting. Focus on bigger, more powerful cars (ie. not a 1.4 corsa) and you will automatically attract a more sensible, focussed user. Discourage chav posts and I think you'll go a long way.

Certainly, starting off a forum with people who enjoy their trackdays (VXR, AK etc) will be a big bonus and I would think naturally stop dangerous people having a go. Good planning on organised track days would also help here of course.
SAL
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be good also to get some backing from supplier's of part's like most other furom's

member dicount's and stuff ?
Cole

31st Jan 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
good plan. but ultimatly i think cs will lose some members who will then only use your weekend racer site

so cs may start to slip.

i don think it will as people enjoy coming on here just for the banter and other things i have been on here for about 5yrs now and have always been a bit of a back seat member but i try to get to as many meets and events as i can get to went to the tarckday at brands last yr and got a taste of it even if i was only a passenger and would like to actually get involved more funds permitting lots of people use more than just one forum so i cant see why they would leave here to go to WR and then not bother with this site i plan on getting myself an evo 3 this yr and would love to get into trackdays i would still use both sites if i was permitted to and i cant see ian letting the chavs and dickheads the trouble makers and there are or have been a fair few on here come over to the new site or if they do r some join i am sure tey wont last very long if they act like that one there like they do here
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also think it will dilute things rather too
SwN

31st Jan 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a good idea , i shall be keeping any eye on this to see what happens , also i will be in the market for to build a track car this year hopefully and have some fun on track

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by S.Nelson]
drax

31st Jan 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good, I dont visit this forum because I have owned a corsa, but because its a decent place, and it is busy, its a good read and id support this new website, if you need anything id be happy to help too.

Sounds good
jr

31st Jan 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

so cs may start to slip.

compleatly diffrents areas of intrest imo

Adam_B

31st Jan 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds ace, where do i apply
jr

31st Jan 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw feel the need to add this, as people seemed worried

CS isnt changing, all thats happning is the people and skills of members of cs are beeing used to go into a new area

i think (and im not sure Ian will have to confirm) is that when we had the CS trackday we had to think hard about weather to make it corsa only, or open to all cars

the members were never in question, as we had lots of those intrested, just not driving corsa's

so we opened it up to everyone, and had a corsasport trackday, with only 50% corsa's

with a site not focused on one marque, it gives us a massive oppertunity to break into a new sector, as TBH if you see a load of corsa's on a trackday, with cs on all of them, but you own a vx220 fro example your hardly likley to join up

but with a non marque specific forum, the scope to get diffrent car owners from all over the place is massive

people want the easyness of good organisation, cheap trackdays and so on, if there is a forum to provide that, with a good base and proven record, and lots of info, i cant see in failing

CS wont change, as the 2 area rarely cross over, as per Trackscotland, as despit the scotish cs members joining up on there, they havent left here, the the subject matters on each forum are diffrent

and i cant be fucked to spell check any of that
jr

31st Jan 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
sounds ace, where do i apply

to me, in writing, stating when i can drive the vx200
Adam_B

31st Jan 08 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whenever i next see you, we shall have to get you a proper drive next time.
Ste L

31st Jan 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

so cs may start to slip.

compleatly diffrents areas of intrest imo

i agree, dont know why people wont use both sites?

i'd use both, wouldn't leave one site, just to go on another,

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by Ste L]
SportBoy

31st Jan 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i also think it will dilute things rather too
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Explain?
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exporting your userbase from here onto there, is only going to move peoples interests elsewhere, wether it will dilute it much or hardly noticable at all will remain to be seen. But people can only be looking in one place at once
jr

31st Jan 08 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not like GC is full of trackday threads, it will take nothing what so ever away from CS, except time of staff
Adam_B

31st Jan 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not like another pub is opening up near your current local but closer to your house and you cant be arsed walking to the old one anymore. Its a website, click and your there, its not difficult or time consuming and im pretty sure you wont get cold going between the 2
jr

31st Jan 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
whenever i next see you, we shall have to get you a proper drive next time.

your more than welcome to drive my diesel corsa

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY 22 database queries in 0.0144019 seconds