corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Chavski vs The Arse

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chavski vs The Arse
Cosmo

User status: Offline
24th Mar 08 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry, we'll pretend someone else is interested for around £2m and you'll be straight in with an offer over £20m.
p

24th Mar 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Dont worry, we'll pretend someone else is interested for around £2m and you'll be straight in with an offer over £20m.

What like Simao
Cosmo

24th Mar 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:

What like SWP and Essien

Yup.
p

24th Mar 08 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What like SWP and Essien

Yup.

Essien
Cosmo

24th Mar 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, IIRC it was Madrid and United sniffing about (infact didnt one have a bid of £17m accepted?) and then you lot ended up buying him for £24.5m
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
And arsenal STILL dont have a foreign owner

Although technically over 50% of your shares are owned by foreigners With 2 out of the 3 majority shareholders being Russian and American.
Ah shurrp

Anyhoo, the yank bloke sold his shares didnt he?
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Although technically over 50% of your shares are owned by foreigners With 2 out of the 3 majority shareholders being Russian and American.

"And arsenal STILL dont have a foreign owner"
Shame about your players then
you have a few english playters, ALL of which you paid massivel yover the odds for!!!
p

24th Mar 08 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, IIRC it was Madrid and United sniffing about (infact didnt one have a bid of £17m accepted?) and then you lot ended up buying him for £24.5m

To be honest a whole host of clubs got linked with Essien, I remember United got linked a bit i'm pretty sure Liverpool didn't.

And lets be honest here, when Aulas smells one of his players getting a bid from a big boy european club he smashes the price right up, Diarra went for a lot, Essien did to, he even said he wants 40 million for Benzemma the joker.

We got Essien on the last day of the summer transfer window if I remember right, after a long long negotiation process.
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thierry Henry... 180+goals... cost £-6m
p

24th Mar 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

"And arsenal STILL dont have a foreign owner"
Shame about your players then
you have a few english playters, ALL of which you paid massivel yover the odds for!!!

Well Terry came through the youth system, J.Cole didn't cost the earth and we could sell him for a hell of a lot now, Lampard didn't cost the earth either and he is obviously worth a lot more now.

With Gallas going A.Cole was about 5 million, Bridge wasn't a huge amount either, SWP was a stupid amount of money.

The backbone of our club is english, unlike yours as it is french.
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terry, fair play, came throuigh the ranks

Lampard £7m years ago, was very exp
Joe COle £6m unproven, again very exp in that climate

Ashley Cole, well £5m PLUS Galls so £10+ million IMO at the time... plus cahsley cole has been shite for you lol

Bridge was liek £7/8m... again crap

Glen Johnson £6m, utter crap

SWP... £21m

gaf if our backbone is french?! better than wasting millions and million on overpriced english pap
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Terry, fair play, came throuigh the ranks

Lampard £7m years ago, was very exp
Joe COle £6m unproven, again very exp in that climate

Ashley Cole, well £5m PLUS Galls so £10+ million IMO at the time... plus cahsley cole has been shite for you lol

Bridge was liek £7/8m... again crap

Glen Johnson £6m, utter crap

SWP... £21m

gaf if our backbone is french?! better than wasting millions and million on overpriced english pap

Your looking a bit silly mate. Terry is Terry. J.Cole was one of the hottest players around at that time, and we signe him pretty cheap, he is a quality footballer who is worth a lot more now, Lampard the same he's scored over 100 goals for us.
Bridge isn't 'crap' mate.
A.Cole is quality and has actually done well for us, great left back.

Glen Johnson is a good young player, didn't make it here really and left to Pompey were he is doing well.

Sidwell was free so who cares, and SWP signing was a joke, ive said that before.

I don't get why you said that about J.Cole though ?
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

joe cole was unproven at the tiem and £6m was an awful lot for someone with his temper and reputation... might look chepa now but they paid a fair whack at that pooint in time

Wayne bridge is shite... lets be honest, never top quality... same with cashley sicne about 2003/04... cunt

Ashley cole has also not done quality for you, hes been utter shite since before he left us!
Cosmo

24th Mar 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Your looking a bit silly mate.

Oh the irony.
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Oh the irony.

Er no cosmo, look at what Robbo just said.

Face the facts we bought these English players young and made them in to superstar players, we got theam fairly cheap and now there worth a hell of a lot more, obvious.
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
joe cole was unproven at the tiem and £6m was an awful lot for someone with his temper and reputation... might look chepa now but they paid a fair whack at that pooint in time

Wayne bridge is shite... lets be honest, never top quality... same with cashley sicne about 2003/04... cunt

Ashley cole has also not done quality for you, hes been utter shite since before he left us!

J.Cole was a huge talent at the time, all you needed to do was to see him in the youth cup and the West Ham first team, Man United got linked with him loads but clearly we got in there before they did, it was obviousy J.Cole was born to play football.

You haven't mentioned Lampard so I that says it all.

Bridge aint shite and nor is A.Cole, thats why they are always in the England squad going for the same left back slot, A.Cole hasn't been amazing but he hasn't done bad at all.

Also Robbo, your signing of Theo Walcott is that a 'unproven signing' can you state the amount you paid for him please ?

[Edited on 24-03-2008 by corsadee]
Cosmo

24th Mar 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wont question the Lampard signing, but the Cole one was a risk. He wasnt a top player at the time and the money you spent on him was a risk which turned good (but you've done plenty that went bad!).

Either wya, some of the stuff you've said in here has made you look silly, I mean you must admit you are only in business whilst Roman is there as a sugar daddy, and you only won anything as he came in and threw more money at the team than anyone ever has.
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh the irony.

Er no cosmo, look at what Robbo just said.

Face the facts we bought these English players young and made them in to superstar players, we got theam fairly cheap and now there worth a hell of a lot more, obvious.
LOOKS fairly cheap beign the point, but 7-8m on lampard was not chepa in anyones books and 6m on cole THEN was a risk no doubt... yes obv they have both turned out fantastically but they were both expensive at the time and for their status at the time
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wont question the Lampard signing, but the Cole one was a risk. He wasnt a top player at the time and the money you spent on him was a risk which turned good (but you've done plenty that went bad!).

Either wya, some of the stuff you've said in here has made you look silly, I mean you must admit you are only in business whilst Roman is there as a sugar daddy, and you only won anything as he came in and threw more money at the team than anyone ever has.

J.Cole was a huge talent at the time, it was obvious he was going on to big things.
But no Cosmo I don't think I look silly, I know Chelsea wasn't winning much till Roman came in to the club I admit that, it happend he bought the club and now we have won titles after he spent shit loads, it's happend.

I have been a Chelsea fan for nearly 15 years now, seen utter shit through this club and now good things have happend, just got to roll with it.

Obviously it's shit street if he leaves but im quite sure he wont.
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry robbo just want your view on this one.

"Also Robbo, your signing of Theo Walcott is that a 'unproven signing' can you state the amount you paid for him please ?"
Cosmo

24th Mar 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But no Cosmo I don't think I look silly, I know Chelsea wasn't winning much till Roman came in to the club I admit that, it happend he bought the club and now we have won titles after he spent shit loads, it's happend.

I have been a Chelsea fan for nearly 15 years now, seen utter shit through this club and now good things have happend, just got to roll with it.

Obviously it's shit street if he leaves but im quite sure he wont.

So is that admission that you bought the title?
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

J.Cole was a huge talent at the time, all you needed to do was to see him in the youth cup and the West Ham first team, Man United got linked with him loads but clearly we got in there before they did, it was obviousy J.Cole was born to play football.

You haven't mentioned Lampard so I that says it all.

Bridge aint shite and nor is A.Cole, thats why they are always in the England squad going for the same left back slot, A.Cole hasn't been amazing but he hasn't done bad at all.

Also Robbo, your signing of Theo Walcott is that a 'unproven signing' can you state the amount you paid for him please ?

[Edited on 24-03-2008 by corsadee]
Cause lampard is obviosuly quality and has been quality for you since before roman

walcott was a one off (how did i know youd mention him ) and we paid £5m... with another £7m dependant on future stuff, £2m of which has passed without payment thereofre max of £10m... and we shall see whether it proves worthwhile in time but its a risk no doubt

joe cole was a talent yes but he was also greta one day and awful the next, not to mention petulant, with a poor disciplinary record and a seriosu attitude problem... again, hes turne dout well under mourniho and has been transformedm fair play

broidge/cashley... well everyone knows england have a shit left side thats why they alwas get in the tream... + ashley cole WAS a quality left back before £££ clouded him
strick206

24th Mar 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsadee i don't think you have a clue, you are contradicting yourself a hell of a lot. Saying we didnt win anything before Roman came in, but once we had the moey we won, but yet that isn't buying the title?

Accept that you bought the league, twice, and then when you couldn't manage to buy it a third time everything went tits up through the summer (Roman not letting you have 100million again, Mourinho quitting, etc etc)

Another thing you need to accept, is if Roman walks out, the club will need to sell many of their players to even stay afloat, meaning you will be back to the normal chelsea
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry robbo just want your view on this one.

"Also Robbo, your signing of Theo Walcott is that a 'unproven signing' can you state the amount you paid for him please ?"

I just replied and i do have a life outside of corsasport you know... my apologies that I had to go and empty my dishwasher
chris-sri

24th Mar 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United have earned the right to spend £70 million on players by winning trophies and building the club up to that level. I don't think any realistic Chelsea fan can deny that without Abramovich's money you would never have won those two titles! Chelsea won't get rid of this reputation for a long time but that's the price of their success the same way as United were the most hated club in Britain because of their success and the way they used sponsorship etc to build the club.

As for the style of football that Chelsea play it is basic boring unimaginative football ie lump it up to Drogba who beats the crap out of a defender and scores. It has been very effective but I'd still rather watch the likes of Ronalso, Rooney, Fabregas, Hleb, Gerrard and Torres.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Chavski vs The Arse 23 database queries in 0.0156581 seconds