corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My TT:

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My TT:
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th May 09 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ellis, most of the shite came off with just bilberry and a good soak, any more stuburn bits used a bit of polish on!

Yup Ian, I'll be getting the Gliptone liquid leather out tomorrow and then chemical guys leather airfreshener as not keen on the Gliptone smell!

Need to get my pedals clean too, so out come the cotton buds as stood in something shitty looking the other day

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jun 09 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got bored tonight and spent 30mins or so in the garage making this...

Take 1 x Alloy Door Pull Cap / Cover
Bit of tinkering with a dremel, file and sand paper and hey presto a custom washer bottle cap...

Before:

After:

Not bad and looks a bit nicer than the blue plastic cap that was starting to fall off every time I needed to top up the washers, considering painting it black, but not sure yet or maybe even polish it to a mirror shine!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
corsasriboy

25th Jun 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just resprayed the rear quarter on a silver one of these. wasnt keen on the colour but apart from that i really really liked it. looks soo much better in black. i like the little changes you are making to yours. this one had "tt" sill protectors, are they standard? dont like sill protectors personally but saves the scratches to paintowrk i suppose.
Conway563

26th Jun 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan Long time mate
First time I've properly read this. Looks amazing mate, love the little things you've done

How difficult was the filler cap? The blue one looks exactly the same as the one on the Ibiza which is constantly popping off
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

26th Jun 09 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe!

The bottle cap is straight forward just need to keep filling down the lugs on reverse side until it fits snug!

Got my eye on a new exhaust so but not sure yet still fancying a smooth rear end and stealth pipes!

Simon L

27th Jun 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're engine bay is too clean.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Jun 09 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon L
You're engine bay is too clean.

Thanks

Gareth T

28th Jun 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars looking great Dan, always liked TT's
lil_g

28th Jun 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan you've convinced me of my next car for sure now!
Absoltely love it mate!
Anty
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice tt black with red or white and red, not many ferraris in that spec its all cream rubbish
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lil_g
Dan you've convinced me of my next car for sure now!
Absoltely love it mate!

Good choice Gregg!

I keep getting ideas for it, and then putting them off as I know once I start it could be a very expensive car again!

Got a bootlid at the bodyshop waiting for its new spoiler to be fitted and flushed in which I'm pretty sure will be the first of its kind!

Will be starting on my new mirrors soon, but could take sometime as not as straight forward as I first thought!

Now the € is slowly picking back up a bit might be more gold on the way!

Mobby

29th Jun 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really want to see this bootlid!!
Gareth T

30th Jun 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is yours the 180 T or 225 turbo Dan?
whitter45

30th Jun 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gareth T

30th Jun 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

thanks, is there a huge difference between the 2? is the 180 T a good car?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Jul 09 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the look out for a new front bumper, had a run in with a pussy cat on the way home tonight and cracked my front bumper! (Sadly the cat is no longer with us)

Could be a sign that its time to do something fresh, or should I just stick it in the bodyshop and have it reapired and be done with it!

Choices, choices!

mwg

7th Jul 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing you it will come out the bodyshop looking totally different....
SR91

7th Jul 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

On the look out for a new front bumper, had a run in with a pussy cat on the way home tonight and cracked my front bumper! (Sadly the cat is no longer with us)

Could be a sign that its time to do something fresh, or should I just stick it in the bodyshop and have it reapired and be done with it!

Choices, choices!

20points, well done
jonny_sri

7th Jul 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Choices, choices!

Cat murderer!

Time for a change Danny boy, get a new bumper and make it stand out!
whitter45

8th Jul 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Choices, choices!

V6 front bumper
whitter45

8th Jul 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by g@z
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

thanks, is there a huge difference between the 2? is the 180 T a good car?

180 is a good car - to be honest at low speeds very little differnce

180 has less lag for sure

the one to watch out for is the 193 FWD - as quick as the 225

also the 225 ceased on a 54 plate

Higher speeds the bigger turbo really gets into its stride

Jambo

8th Jul 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats lame Dan

Love your attention to detail, id never think of that but its the little things
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing exciting to update, just been having another bash with my DAS-6 polisher:

50/50 on door:

drivers door reflection:

Car is booked in at SBS to get the front bumper sorted, but I couldn't just have it fixed so will be getting the smooooth treatment, while its in will be having the sills repainted and the boot / spoiler sorted finally.

Car failed it MOT last week on a broken rear coil spring, got that changed under warranty but now 90% sure they have fitted a pre 2002 spring which is 20mm higher than all the rest so going to see about getting that corrected tomorrow.

12months on Thrusday since I took ownership, 1yr has flown by

antnee

12th Aug 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any updates yet?

Also we share the same surname
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Sep 09 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a little bored recently spending too much time online with paypal screaming spend my money, spend me!

First off was a bit of LED interior lighting which I consider quite chav, but this I rather like so thought why not:

Fitted it with the gaiter under rather than on top like your supposed to, so that it shines both out and in on the gear stick itself.

Excuse the poor pics - with flash:

Without flash:

While I was waiting for the above, I finally found a TT induction kit that runs down the wing like the mk4 golf pipercross one I had originally purchased and just wouldn't fit, so I snapped one of those up from the states as there is no supplier of this kit in the UK.

Shall try and fit that soon, they suggest bumper off, headlight out but I'm hoping I can do it from inside the arch with the liner removed.

Then I spied an exhaust, so went and collected that Sunday night, will go get Exhaust Craft to fit it, as can't trust the local poorflow dealers after the corsa saga.

Bit dusty, just gave it a quick wipe over, needs a nice bit of polishing with the drill attachments to get the pipes shining like the back box ops:

It is a Blueflame, non-resonated hopefully will sound lovely jubbly.

Thats it for time being, next up is another service

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My TT: 24 database queries in 0.0185771 seconds