corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 182

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clio 182
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
27th Feb 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Dizzy what would you buy as an every day standard car then that also had to be fun?

As I really cant see the s3 been that much fun. I have driven one and it felt very heavy and lazy compared to the 182. Granted it had grip a plenty but wasnt fun at all.

Also I always thought that the 182's had independant rear suspension

Nope torsion beam rear, always has been!

Depends really on budget, i never see the point of trying to cross a daily driver with a weekend toy as your making compromises from both sides of the feild to get it all in one package.

if it was my money id buy a honda s2000 for playing in and a 306 td for commuting and day to day transport.
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Dizzy what would you buy as an every day standard car then that also had to be fun?

As I really cant see the s3 been that much fun. I have driven one and it felt very heavy and lazy compared to the 182. Granted it had grip a plenty but wasnt fun at all.

Depends really on budget, i never see the point of trying to cross a daily driver with a weekend toy as your making compromises from both sides of the feild to get it all in one package.

if it was my money id buy a honda s2000 for playing in and a 306 td for commuting and day to day transport.

Just for alot of people me included only have space for one car so have to make a compromise. Although surely you could use an s2000 everyday unless you do something crazy to it

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
they have independant shocks and spings on a fixed bar, the older Clio valvers have torsion bars.

Dizzys getting confused thinking all cars that don't have indepedant suspension have torsion bars

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Baskey]

Nope i know full well what i mean, i sead torsion BEAM rear suspension which means its a solid axle. Torsion bar rear suspension is completely different, thts just the spring.
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Just for alot of people me included only have space for one car so have to make a compromise. Although surely you could use an s2000 everyday unless you do something crazy to it

Well if you dont need 4 seats then yes an s2000 would be a brilliant day to day car!

the problem with most new cars is there all fwd and overpriced so if you want real thrills for minimum spills then you need to go older. but then your sacrificing your day to day reliability.

solution is buy a bike and a commuting car
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes are for gays

DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
they have independant shocks and spings on a fixed bar, the older Clio valvers have torsion bars.

Dizzys getting confused thinking all cars that don't have indepedant suspension have torsion bars

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Baskey]

Thats some intelligence

heres some more intelligence, i just googled this to see if the experts said the same as me too and OH MY GOD they call it torsion beam too:

Front suspension Double axis strut system
Castor angle 5°38'
Diameter of rod-actuated antisway bar (mm) 20
Rear suspension Torsion beam
Diameter of antisway bars (mm) 30, integrated in axle
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bikes are for gays

lol nah, anyone can drive fast behind the safety of a metal box - it takes real balls to fancy your chances and get on a bike, skim the floor with your knees on the bend and fire off intot the distance at 170mph+ knowing that the only thing to protect you in an accident is the skin off a dead cows arse and a fibreglass shell wrapped round your melon. Every time you go out on a bike you take on the liberty that you may be going home in a body bag... gays need not apply!
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Bikes are for gays

lol nah, anyone can drive fast behind the safety of a metal box - it takes real balls to fancy your chances and get on a bike, skim the floor with your knees on the bend and fire off intot the distance at 170mph+ knowing that the only thing to protect you in an accident is the skin off a dead cows arse and a fibreglass shell wrapped round your melon. Every time you go out on a bike you take on the liberty that you may be going home in a body bag... gays need not apply!

Main reason why it doesnt appeal to me tbh

the was the sarcasm bit you didnt need to explain

I would just like to take this opertunity to apologise to mertin for his topic going VERY off topic

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by gavin18787]

Adam_B

27th Feb 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend had a FF 182 with cup pack, nice car, great to drive. Didnt like the driving position though, way too high. Lot more fun than an S3 (even on uprated suspension) and certainly better than a sloppy mk4 Astra.
Rob B

27th Feb 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon L
My 200bhp Ibiza Cupra used to push clio cups out of the way, so my 275TT would obliterate them. But thats just a straight line.

I enjoy having the haldex 4wd, as probably 70% of the time the roads are wet, and ive almost forgot what its like to have wheel spin.

It does get a bit dull sometimes, thats why i'm looking to get something a bit more fun.

I had a 220 bhp ibiza cupra before my Clio, and i can safely it would slap it in everything other than straight line speed and even that it wasn't far off..

Audi TT 225 Bhp i also pulled on which happens to be my gf's dad's so i've played with it plenty of times not to be a one off.
Rob B

27th Feb 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This Dizzy guy is clearly a tool.
whitter45

27th Feb 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Need to get under mine this afternoon to sort something. Want to have a look to see if it has a beam. Which I think it has but is marketed as fully independant

it has independant rear suspension

The New Type R reverted back to the beam
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
This Dizzy guy is clearly a tool.

No, im just not biassed as i dont drive one - you own one so of course your going to defend your beloved clio until the cows come home.

The guy wanted to know wether he should buy a 182, the people with them will reccomend them - the people who dont drive one will give an honest opinion. And IN MY OPINION clio 182's are nothing special and there are much better cars out there for the money.
John

27th Feb 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 172 and don't recommend them.

They are good at what they are claimed to be good at, nippy and handle well.

As much as I dislike them, i'm not sure about better cars for the money, they have dropped like a bomb recently as you pointed out, and are brilliantly specced.

What would you buy at the same price, age and spec that's better than one?
DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know, i know you can get a 172 for little over 2k now and tbh im hard pushed to think of anything to rival one. my only thought would be a fiat coupe turbo but they arent really a day to day car.

as for 182 cups i still see them teetering about the 6 grand bracket (although ofcourse they are going to drop like a virgins knickers in the next year) so 6 grand leaves you still hard pushed.

depends what you want from a car really, if you just want a good looking hatch with decent speed an astra gsi turbo fits the bill, albeit not very inspiring. if you want fun factor then you would be hard pushed to beat a honda s2000. Even though there girly, id probably go with a cooperS if it has to be an everyday fwd hatch. better build quality, better reliability and pretty well balanced for the road.
John

27th Feb 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a Fabia vrs over a Cooper S, don't rate mini's at all.

Build quality yes, clios are shocking, reliability though, not got any reliability problems i'm aware of?
gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Feb 09 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was my money it would be between the 182 and civic type r for sure

Although thats just the kind of cars I like

Cooper s is very nice too but less car per £

DizzyRebel

27th Feb 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been in a fabia, i assume its just like an ibiza cupra though. actually an ibiza cupra wouldnt be a bad buy...

im not a fan of minis either but id always rate one over a clio!

CTR is another one on the list but i just cant get over the mini mpv styling. id much rather buy a jordan vti.
Mertin

27th Feb 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFter the insurance quote I think il keep my money and stick with the ibiza a little while

Really was a spur of the moment thing. Good to read alot of opinions on here

But thats 2 threads I started at the same time and Dizzy has caused a fair "discussion" in them
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Feb 09 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

CTR is another one on the list but i just cant get over the mini mpv styling. id much rather buy a jordan vti.

True its not the best looking car but the final editions are much better 53-55 plate) and if you lower them they look less van like

jr

28th Feb 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S3 = Wallow mildley quick golf
clio = plastic, mainly broken, rolling aorund in the boot

next.....

[Edited on 28-02-2009 by jr]
Paul_J

28th Feb 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omfg - Dizzy sounds like such a fucking plank.

Dizzy mate, if you / your car are so amazing, why don't you come down to the Castle Combe track day we're doing soon... Bring your hot female friends too...

I guarentee the S3 will be beaten by clios on track.
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Feb 09 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jr

Paul yer clio will definatly be quicker then the s3 especially at coombe

Paul_J

28th Feb 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll be a good bunch of cars at combe

I'm entrigued to see how the likes of your CTR compare to the Clios, and how they all fare against the likes of Astra VXR's etc. obv all depend on drivers etc, but if this was forza all the cars would have a fairly even PI number

I just wish my car wasn't so f*cked and I had some money to sort it.
mattk

28th Feb 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the Grande Puntos

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clio 182 23 database queries in 0.0111921 seconds