corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How much debt are you in?

Poll: How much debt are you in?
1-3k 34 (32.38%)
3-7k 26 (24.76%)
7-10k 10 (9.52%)
10-15k 12 (11.43%)
15k + 23 (21.9%)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much debt are you in?
James_DT

User status: Offline
18th Mar 09 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£60 a month on £23k IIRC.
That MoneySavingExpert guy was on the radio earlier saying that the interest on student loans taken out after 1998 is under 2% at the moment.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th Mar 09 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? That's good news.

Ok, I think I overexaggerated when I said 4.5% - I think I had a letter through last summer saying it was 4% though, but being dropped to 3.5% in October 2008 due to the impending financial situation. Obviously, this was worse than the SLC imagined it to be!
Pablo

18th Mar 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
What the fuck is wrong with borrowing money to buy a car, do up a house, go on a round the world trip etc? I've borrowed thousands over the years, I've paid back every penny and I've never been worse off for it.

There seems to be some very disturbing views on having personal loans/credit cards.

If none of you have debt, and never have, do explain to me how you intend on getting a mortgage in the future?

You are a lenders worst nightmare.

[Edited on 17-03-2009 by Ojc]
Jog on mate, just interested in what every one is doing in this so called credit crunch - Does it stop people borrowing or not

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by Pablo]
liamC

18th Mar 09 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5k student overdraft which should be gone by the end of the year.

10k left on my personal loan which I'm hoping will be gone by the end of the year as well.

My missus is 28, completely debt free, never had a credit card card, and every bit of brass on payday is hers. I hate her for it!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Mar 09 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh the clowns in here, a debt is a debt is a debt is a debt. Regardless if its credit card, house, sofa, store card, car, its a debt.

unless i have a very sudden change of circumstances I'll be debt free until I get a property. I started using credit cards a few years back for petrol and daily things to try and build up a credit history!
liamC

18th Mar 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
oh the clowns in here, a debt is a debt is a debt is a debt. Regardless if its credit card, house, sofa, store card, car, its a debt.

unless i have a very sudden change of circumstances I'll be debt free until I get a property. I started using credit cards a few years back for petrol and daily things to try and build up a credit history!

That's the one problem that my missus has from being debt free all her life.... no-one will give her a CC now!!

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by liamC]
willay
Premium Member

18th Mar 09 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair I'm not absolutely sure how my credit history is, I've paid off every bill on my credit card since i've had it but then again Capital One will give any sod a credit card
XSIHardy

18th Mar 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may be soon depends if get a new car
Half Pint

18th Mar 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
to be fair I'm not absolutely sure how my credit history is, I've paid off every bill on my credit card since i've had it but then again Capital One will give any sod a credit card

your still a leanders worst nightmare as you never really borrow any money and they don't earn anyiterest off of you.... but as you say you've never defaulted so you should be fine!
Jamie

18th Mar 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£0

Never been in debt
willay
Premium Member

18th Mar 09 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half pint - yes
SeanXE

18th Mar 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by James
Where is the option for 0?

Patrick

18th Mar 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an idiot. Owe about £18k in total from various loans, credit cards, store cards etc.. the monthly payments are managable but does make me angry with myself knowing I will be paying it back for the next 3-4 years..
ajscorsa

18th Mar 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made some bad moves with cars, getting loans to pay for loans and spunked 3k on nothing when i was 18.

regret it all now. I'm paying £233 a month for the next 3 years and only have a 3k golf gti to show for it which sucks.

learned a valuable lesson tho and suppose ill have a great credit rating as ive never missed a payment.

once thats paid, ill never have debt again other than a morgage, c/c for emergencies etc.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How much debt are you in? 22 database queries in 0.0112019 seconds