corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Standard Corsa LET Vs

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Standard Corsa LET Vs
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a limited factor of our pertrol stations only doing up to 99ron fuel. im not sure but maybe over there, as some european countries do, they might have higher octane available from the pumps. get far more power from higher octane fuel.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
that impreza was 300 odd wrighty so the owner said.

be why ya beat it then barnsey

Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah exactly p1ck4d.

im amazed at wrighty for even saying such a stupid thing.

coz im stupid basically what im saying is

engine conversion corsa vs engine conversion impreza ?
Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
What im more interested in is how the Greeks manage to get so much more power out of an engine than practically everyone else.

Cossies with 1500bhp....
Supras like like 1500+bhp etc....

they must know things we dont - or can get parts we cant
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
yeah exactly p1ck4d.

im amazed at wrighty for even saying such a stupid thing.

coz im stupid basically what im saying is

engine conversion corsa vs engine conversion impreza ?

brand snobbery. no vauxhall is fast. we get the message.
Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should get a honda
P1CK4D

23rd Mar 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should of got a Honda.
P1CK4D

23rd Mar 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
should get a honda

rustyarchs

23rd Mar 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Should of got a Honda.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is. i dont want a honda. i dont want an impreza. i dont care if cars are faster than mine. im not remotely bothered.

olly clarke's impreza has 850bhp. that would piss all over my car. i can accept it. i actually like my car. have enjoyed making it over the years. sorry if i actually enjoy stuff like that.
flybikeslee

23rd Mar 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hondas have shite gearboxes anyhow
SteveW

23rd Mar 09 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did a few cars in my Ph2 LET

M3
EVO VII (dont know what FQ version though)
loads of Scoob's
S3
RX7
R33 GTS

Tried it against a 996 Turbo.. he left me like i was nothing lol.

Always managed to go off the clocks at 140mph and kept on going. no idea what top speed i got up to but must have been near 150mph
Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thing is. i dont want a honda. i dont want an impreza. i dont care if cars are faster than mine. im not remotely bothered.

olly clarke's impreza has 850bhp. that would piss all over my car. i can accept it. i actually like my car. have enjoyed making it over the years. sorry if i actually enjoy stuff like that.

Same, i love my car, well some of the time, and building it, and stuff. Yes there are faster things out there like your corsa, i can accept that.

All i was saying is i get really wound up when people who wear vauxhall tinted glasses say 'oh you beat that impreza har har har what a loser he should have got a LET corsa instead.
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

All i was saying is i get really wound up when people who wear vauxhall tinted glasses say 'oh you beat that impreza har har har what a loser he should have got a LET corsa instead.

but i never said that. ive never said that. so take your brand snobbery out on the person who did perhaps?

i cant be more sorry than i am, for posting the only 5 videos that the people i went up with toook on the day. sorry that one was against an impreza. i cant help what other people video. accept my deepest appologies for the behaviour of my mates with their mobile phones.
Wrighty

23rd Mar 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

but i never said that. ive never said that. so take your brand snobbery out on the person who did perhaps?

i cant be more sorry than i am, for posting the only 5 videos that the people i went up with toook on the day. sorry that one was against an impreza. i cant help what other people video. accept my deepest appologies for the behaviour of my mates with their mobile phones.

i never said you said that what i posted was aimed at who did post it and i used them as an example i arnt picking a fight or falling out with ya so theres no need to get like that is there im not been snob so stop getting shitty over a forum ffs
SteveW

23rd Mar 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
In fact...... Tell me what standard, OR tuned vauxhall can match these statistics....

0 - 150mph:
Veyron: 11.67 secs
GSXR-R1000: 10.60secs
Standing 1/4 mile = 10.90 seconds @ 141.58mph

[Edited on 23-03-2009 by VXR]

Andy Frost.. Red Victor 1

you did say tuned
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

i never said you said that what i posted was aimed at who did post it and i used them as an example i arnt picking a fight or falling out with ya so theres no need to get like that is there im not been snob so stop getting shitty over a forum ffs

so what was ther point in anything you typed after quoting something i had written which related to nothing about impreza's?

unless it was total brand snobbery. imprezas awesome. vauxhalls shit. its all you think. its all you post about.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
In fact...... Tell me what standard, OR tuned vauxhall can match these statistics....

0 - 150mph:
Veyron: 11.67 secs
GSXR-R1000: 10.60secs
Standing 1/4 mile = 10.90 seconds @ 141.58mph

Andy Frost.. Red Victor 1

you did say tuned

Just googled Hot hot hot!!!!

but not as hot as... 426kmh, or road tyres....

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2006/09/turbo-hayabusa-sets-new-streetbike-top.html

Yes, thats 266mph, on 2 wheels, on a totally road legal bike (none of this spaceframed slick tyre'd but "MOT" so legal drag cars ). Taht can be ridden to the event. and home, totally legally

Nic, dude, you really need to chill out man. You sound like me 3-4 years ago. Thats quite interesting actually seeing as we both smoke lots of green. I wonder if theres a link there. Off post invasion, but interesting science???

Fuel to fire....?

Those 220bhp Impreza jobbies, can be matched for pace, in an XE corsa, at speed. 4wd transmission losses suck ass Just dont try the bends

Im a brand snob. I'd much rather have, saaaay a McLaren F1 over a Corsa with 1.6 on TB

Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i quit weed ages and ages ago.

im just starting to get a bit fed up with peoples anit vauxhall brand snobbery on what is essentially, by the name you type in after www. a corsa site, which are made by vauxhall.

if i went on any other forum and started replying like people do on here so anti vauxhall, id last about 5 seconds. its beyond a joke at times.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude, come on, im the most un-branded snob in the world. I like my Opel fruits

PS, good for you on the green And im actually serious about that.

I think its just the way you reply. It screems "fight me" instead of keeping it at a relaxed banter pace. But its also this place, brings out the wrost in us sometimes

Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see, i went to a performance ford mag day yesterday in my completely shite car, as its a vauxhall. nobody looked down their noses at all. lots of people came up for a bit of banter, i had a fair few laughs with people in the queue for the strip. there was absolutely no brand snobbery there. the last run of the day on a ford mag day was made by a corsa vs a cossie.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its more when you get into German motorship that the brand snobbery begins

us Vauxhalls and Fix Or Repair Dailys (ESSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXX, just accross the water) have no snobbery. We use various parts from various vauxhalls to improve what is essentially, a terrible base platform.

But thats the fun in modifying.

Take your Corsa to a VAG event, I bet the bitchin really begins.....

Then go on the strip and open that whoop, ass, and can of..
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think this thread should be a bout wrighty's tuned impreza getting its ass kicked by a std c20let corsa. as it will happen to him one day. might just change his mind a bit.
Mike GSi

23rd Mar 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt expect a LET to beat a bike, and also i wouldnt expect it to handle "well"

id just like to know what cars a LET would beat in acceleration. Interesting read though
Nic Barnes

23rd Mar 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically it will beat a lot of cars. the owners of those types of cars will never accept it as possible. even if you repeatidly beat them.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Standard Corsa LET Vs 22 database queries in 0.0159249 seconds