corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Sponsored By Liverpool FC

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Sponsored By Liverpool FC
Carl

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a dull game, second half was woeful. Impressed with that Gibbs for Arsenal. Adebayor was straight shocking.
strick206

29th Apr 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played the "best team to watch" in england off the pitch.

How it was only 1 goal i'll never know, giggs looked clearly onside too, although not seen a replay, just got in.

Atmosphere wasn't brilliant tonight, didn't realise arsenal had brought any fans tbh

little disappointed with 1-0 but i fancy us to score against them at the emirates
Ben J

30th Apr 09 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206

How it was only 1 goal i'll never know, giggs looked clearly onside too, although not seen a replay, just got in.

Atmosphere wasn't brilliant tonight, didn't realise arsenal had brought any fans tbh

little disappointed with 1-0 but i fancy us to score against them at the emirates

Giggs was off mate. We played very poorly, not suprising when you play Adebayor up on his own. He's too damn lazy.

After the 1st half i'm pleased with a 1-0 score. Man u may live to regret those chances.

Almuna was class. Gibbs was awesome in 2nd half. Diaby and adebayor were shit.
Jamescorsa97

30th Apr 09 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Lol i love the bias of fans, giggs was well off and it was very clear to see in the replay.
Jamescorsa97

30th Apr 09 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Ronaldo's fanny fits when he didn't geta free kick. I thought the ref was brilliant as he let the game flow. Ronaldo was throwing himself all over the pitch.
Nath

30th Apr 09 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
never heard premier league fans booing for no reason at all

Maybe its to put them off thier game, intimidate them into making a bad pass or whatever....

You complaining about your players being boo'd by opposition fans? Fuck sake man.

Man up Robbo
Ben J

30th Apr 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
@ Ronaldo's fanny fits when he didn't geta free kick. I thought the ref was brilliant as he let the game flow. Ronaldo was throwing himself all over the pitch.

Ref was immense. very impressed.

Ronaldo was up to his usual tricks and hissy fits. As i've said before, he's very talented, but deserves no respect due to the way he behaves.
Rob_Quads

30th Apr 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one with the hissy fit was funny. He just got muscled off the ball and then suddenly fell to the floor like he had been shot. The slow-mo made it look sooo silly.

He does himself no favours as the more he does it the more it will be in the minds of the refs. He will loose out on geniune free kicks as a result.

1-0 was a good result for Arsenal after the first 20 minutes, they were shocking last night (bar Almunia).

I still fear that it will be too hard without the away goal. I can see us scoring but even 2-0 up and aManU goal and we are out.

Just a shame hit by injuries just when we were starting to get back something that resembled the first team.
Marc

30th Apr 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almunia and Gibbs were very impressive.

For us I'd say that was one of Carricks best performances this season. Giggs was good when he came on too, clearly on side
Ben J

30th Apr 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see Utd scoring at Emirates which will be practically game over.
Jamescorsa97

30th Apr 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

For us I'd say that was one of Carricks best performances this season. Giggs was good when he came on too, clearly on side

Oh please.....
Marc

30th Apr 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone with manners I see.
Carl

30th Apr 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Didn't really notice a good display from Carrick? sure i saw him give it away a few times but then again wasn't really concentrating as I was fighting off falling to sleep in the last half. Fletcher got quite a few tackles and interceptions in, looked busy.
Marc

30th Apr 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime he got the ball he was able to run through Arsenals players and pass it along with ease.
Nath

30th Apr 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carrick was largely anonymous I thought. At one point I wasn't even aware he was playing. But then I also thought it was a good game, so thats 3 differing opinions in 3 successive posts
strick206

30th Apr 09 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Lol i love the bias of fans, giggs was well off and it was very clear to see in the replay.

Are you joking? as i said in the post i was at the game, i got to see it once and it looked very tight to me, i didn't have the benefit of a replay
Carl

30th Apr 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Carrick was largely anonymous I thought. At one point I wasn't even aware he was playing. But then I also thought it was a good game, so thats 3 differing opinions in 3 successive posts

I saw from 30 mins onwards which is why I thought the game was poo, think I missed the action. BBQ was more tempting.
Ben J

30th Apr 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Are you joking? as i said in the post i was at the game, i got to see it once and it looked very tight to me, i didn't have the benefit of a replay

He was blatently offside.
Marc

30th Apr 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe it will be more clear when he scores at the emirates
Ben J

30th Apr 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Maybe it will be more clear when he scores at the emirates

Maybe it will be more clearly offside?
mwg

2nd May 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was loving it sat in a bar in Spain watching this with 3 Arsenal fans sat just along the bar from us. They suddenly went very quiet once we scored and didn't hear a peep out of them the rest of the night

And I thought Giggs was onside from the view I saw. Ah well.
Cosmo

2nd May 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure how I want the result to go in the ManUre v Arsenal game.

In one way I dont want United to even have a chance of winning it again so want the Arsenal result, on the other hand if Arsenal do get through they'll play the weakest team ever against United in the league and screw our chances of winning the league even though they are slim as it is, plus United will rest players with a view to the final in the weaker games (Hull and Wigan).

Saying that, if United did get to the final Barca will shit on them anyway - so United win will do me, and Arsenal can get their revenge in the league game.
eddiewhiteley

2nd May 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see why you think barcelona would shit on united, they look good against average teams, which is what the spanish leagues consists of, chelsea put it up them in the week and they didnt like it, id fancy uniteds chances against barcelona.
Cosmo

2nd May 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea sat back and did fuck all attacking - that isnt in United's blood.

IMO United would go for the win and Barca would shit on them.
eddiewhiteley

2nd May 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair do's but i think it would be a close thing if its a united-barca final, couldnt see one team battering the other.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League Semi Finals Thread - Sponsored By Liverpool FC 23 database queries in 0.0150330 seconds