corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What sort of power would you be looking at from...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What sort of power would you be looking at from...
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
28th Jul 09 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seems to be a lot more difficult than other conversions for next to no gains over a 1600. i caouldnt justify the effort of a conversion to not have the manly lump of a 20xe. too many hours spent for not much outcome would be the way id view it.
sand-eel

28th Jul 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are they 115bhp?
swill_omnibus

28th Jul 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well comparing just the engines:

X16XE
Engine Size 1598 cc
0-60 mph 9.5 s
Power Output 104 bhp
Torque 148 Nm 109 lb-ft

X18XE1
Engine Size 1796 cc
0-60 mph 11.5 s
Power Output 113 bhp
Torque 170 Nm 125 lb-ft

Now can't really compare the 0-60 as the engines are in different cars and the gearbox I've used for my 1.8 is the F13 so weather that would effect torque/0-60 is unsure (least from me) but standard for standard there should be some good potential from these 1.8 engines.

Except for the blown up part. But then who hasn't blown up a redtop, or 2.2 or even a 1.2?

I thought i'd be different to be honest, and as I aint got a lot of mechanical knowledge, thought doing a engine swap that was a straight swap (within reason) was a good starting point
Nic Barnes

28th Jul 09 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt the c16xe 109bhp and over 110lb/ft?
swill_omnibus

28th Jul 09 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure to be honest Nic, im taking those figures from parkers and their site isn't offering anything for the Gsi.

Imagine your correct though
philip2

28th Jul 09 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c16xe is 109bhp stock, unrestricted it made 148bhp but showed up the 20xe's, shame really as it would of been a proper hot hatch, now the gsi's are over rated slow things( no one start going on about them, i own a corsa gsi that im rebuilding at the moment and tbh standard they are shite)

my old c16xe used to give 106 gti's valver corsas a really good run for the money, but i had 80mm pistons, pocketed, lightened/balanced bottom end, helix clutch, i ported head, cut back guides etc, inlet, sotkc airbox with perf filter, built it for high comp 11.2:1.

but i was working on the side for an engine reconditioner so cost be about £600 for the pistons, gaskets etc etc, i worked it out that for someone else to build to same spec your looking at £2.5k ish.....which to me would get you an xe rebuilt and if lucky enough possible throttle bodies...run about 190bhp

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What sort of power would you be looking at from... 22 database queries in 0.0066652 seconds