corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police force.. anyone joined?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police force.. anyone joined?
Lynny

User status: Offline
28th Aug 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends of severity of criminal record, but yes they can
Boycey

28th Aug 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
Surely there would be no Police forces in he UK if they denied you entry for knowing someone with a criminal record Get points on your license and thats you got a criminal record.

You are not necessarily denied entry. Points isn't a crim record btw.

Your commiting an offence in accordance with the road traffic act so why would that not get a criminal record? Or do you need to be arrested to 'start' a criminal record?
Ben J

28th Aug 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Surely there would be no Police forces in he UK if they denied you entry for knowing someone with a criminal record Get points on your license and thats you got a criminal record.

You are not necessarily denied entry. Points isn't a crim record btw.

Your commiting an offence in accordance with the road traffic act so why would that not get a criminal record? Or do you need to be arrested to 'start' a criminal record?

Not sure tbh....
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

points is a criminal record yes. But as I said, it depends on severity of criminal record, not just if you have one you wont get in.
Ben J

28th Aug 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep......I've got 6 points and i've been okay.

[Edited on 28-08-2009 by Ben J]
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lad on my course had 9. I know of someone in a northern force with over 20 points on his licence
Boycey

28th Aug 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
lad on my course had 9. I know of someone in a northern force with over 20 points on his licence

I think that is why a large number of people have very negative feelings towards the police. The amount of hypocrites in the force is unbelievable
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I think that is why a large number of people have very negative feelings towards the police. The amount of hypocrites in the force is unbelievable

hows it hypocracy?
Boycey

28th Aug 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They go on about how dangerous speeding is and dish out fines and points for it when they speed themselves. And not to mention all the cops that speed and get away with it. I see them speeding all the time without the blues and twos on.
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know loads of cops who have points for speeding. You see a lot of them speeding, bet you also see alot of none cops speeding and not getting done for it....I can guarantee, if someone is speeding in a panda and pass a traffic car whos hiding with the gun out, they're get done just the same.
People seem to forget that police are human. Some people speed, some police speed, they do so aware of the sanctions. Look at the Northumbrian cop whos now in jail for driving offences.
J da Silva

28th Aug 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They go on about how dangerous speeding is and dish out fines and points for it when they speed themselves. And not to mention all the cops that speed and get away with it. I see them speeding all the time without the blues and twos on.

Your right Boycey, I seen it happen 20 minutes ago on the A1(M).

I was going 65ish and they was no way he was only doing upto 5mph more than me, they must have run out of doughnuts.

[Edited on 28-08-2009 by J da Silva]
Boycey

28th Aug 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I know that cops have been done in the past for speeding while on duty but the convictions are very few and far between. It's just very annoying when you get done or speeding by the cops and the guy holding the gun is sitting with 9 points on his license
Boycey

28th Aug 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:

Your right Boycey, I seen it happen 20 minutes ago on the A1(M).

I was going 65ish and they was no way he was only doing upto 5mph more than me, they must have run out of doughnuts.

[Edited on 28-08-2009 by J da Silva]

Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, police are only human and it is at the end of the day a job. People get sacked for messing up/breaking the law, as you do in the police.

Problem is, people see 'the police' as one large entity, not thousands of different people doing a similar job. You wouldnt put all people working in IT in the same group, not all coppers should be tarred with the same brush.

Oh, and ive not had a doughnut in months
gtitim

28th Aug 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is not a necessity for police to use blue lights to exceed limits if for a policing purpose. so the cop you saw at over the limits may well have been trying to catch someone, or get to a job without alerting everyone. For the record, I haven't had donuts for ages either.
J da Silva

28th Aug 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I accept they are human, not once has anyone said they are stuffed bodies of people who died in the 60's.

If your job is to impliment the law to others then you 'SHOULD' abide by it yourself, that is what should happen but it doesn't and the immediate moment when that isn't the case, they should be taken out of the force for life.
Lynny

28th Aug 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If your job is to impliment the law to others then you 'SHOULD' abide by it yourself,

never disagreed with this. I have no criminal record, no points in licence etc
I dont intend on doing something stupid and losing my job
J da Silva

28th Aug 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are a good example then aren't you?

Although I admire your willingness to be in a force that can't really do anything to criminals, if 2 blokes are stood infront of you waving bats and knives about, all your allowed to do is shout "Stop you little monkeys!" or maybe squirt Lynx in their faces, it's a disgrace.
oceansoul

28th Aug 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Yeah he was on about 42k. In the SAS, had some sort of title, cant remember what

Was always away which didn't bother him when he was younger but now wants to start thinking about settling down so thats why he left and was prepared to take the pay cut.

If he was in the SAS, ask him what colour the boathouse is at stirling lines.....

whats that then

Its from a film mate...not to worry!!

Ronin
oceansoul

28th Aug 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i know loads of cops who have points for speeding. You see a lot of them speeding, bet you also see alot of none cops speeding and not getting done for it....I can guarantee, if someone is speeding in a panda and pass a traffic car whos hiding with the gun out, they're get done just the same.
People seem to forget that police are human. Some people speed, some police speed, they do so aware of the sanctions. Look at the Northumbrian cop whos now in jail for driving offences.

I thought that they were not ment to be hiding....were ment to be visiable whilst money making, sorry speed enforcing
Boycey

28th Aug 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

If your job is to impliment the law to others then you 'SHOULD' abide by it yourself,

never disagreed with this. I have no criminal record, no points in licence etc
I dont intend on doing something stupid and losing my job

Now see that's the sort of attitude and mantality that all cops should have
I wanted to join the police when I left school 4 years ago but got a good job in the oil industry and said that I might try and join the police in later life but my enthusiasm for the police is dwindling and I'm only 21 so can't see me wanting to join when I'm 35
CorsaJKO

28th Aug 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im starting a FdA in Policing and Criminal Justice Studies at Northampton University in 3 weeks, it provides the insight and training you need in order to become a regular police officer (involves 10 week placement) I can't wait
Welsh Dan

28th Aug 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a donut yesterday

Anyway. Points on a licence for speeding/mobile phone etc, doesn't really count as a criminal record. I have/had points and it hasn't affected me.

And with regards to paperwork, I don't actually think that there is that much, mainly because we have teams to deal with most of it for us.

I'm on just under £32k, with yearly payrises on top of that. Free travel as well, which helps. The Met has ceased recruitment for the moment, but will start again middle of next year apparently. They're boosting numbers from 33k to 36k, with 300 new starters every 5 weeks. I know that South Wales Police accepted applications for a week, and had over 7000 applications for 80ish jobs.
Lynny

29th Aug 09 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Although I admire your willingness to be in a force that can't really do anything to criminals, if 2 blokes are stood infront of you waving bats and knives about, all your allowed to do is shout "Stop you little monkeys!" or maybe squirt Lynx in their faces, it's a disgrace.

Have you been pepper sprayed before? Or CS'd for that matter? Its somewhat stronger than lynx and where knives are involved, just get firearms unit out.....
gtitim

29th Aug 09 at 02:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its bats and knives, our firearms guys come out, or tazer at least. No messing about. Besides, CS is far more effective than you think. Not only does it hurt like hell, it totally disorientates most people, which somewhat reduces their aggression ( in most cases). Some it doesnt affect, others it makes their skin peel, face bleed, blister etc etc.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police force.. anyone joined? 22 database queries in 0.3956141 seconds