corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your face pretty badly burnt aswell then?
Cosmo

19th Sep 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant believe how much of a pussy you are being with not having a go at them over this...they have potentially disfigured you for life.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmotron will have a good idea about how this would work, have you ever had a member of staff try claim against you for anything Cosmo?
Doug

19th Sep 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a sexual harassment case
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my face is fully burnt thats why iv got that mask thing over it http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/john01634/091909162638.jpg

Yes cosmo i would value your input please.xx
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise your face was that bad aswell
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad times mate....

btw looking at your XSI i really miss mine!
Doug

19th Sep 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously I would sue.

At the very least it will secure you a very decent deposit on a house. Will sort you out for the start of the property ladder!
Cosmo

19th Sep 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've not had anything like this tbh, I doubt many companies have to be fair!

Im actually very unsure how a claim would work in this case, as most claims against employers are down to some sort of fault on their half, but in this case I cant see a fault of theirs.

IMO any claim would have to be personal agaisnt the two guys, and not against your employer. Although your employer will have insurance for accidents/injuries in the workplace which I bet you'd be entitled to a payout from.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozarus

btw looking at your XSI i really miss mine!

lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud
Cosmo

19th Sep 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I were you though Id def claim against the two guys, and Id press criminal charges. Its all well and good that they have families, but they have taken things too far and caused you some damage that could effect you for the rest of your life.

And the insurance claim against the employer wont harm then in anyway (other than may be slightly increased ins premiums) as the insurance company is the one that pays out.
CorsAsh

19th Sep 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
quote:
Originally posted by jr
we used to light the can after taping down the button on the can then chuck them across the workshop

epic

we had a trainee a few years ago go upto one of our mechanics with the light and can combo .. the mechanic said you darent .. the lad proceeded to torch his chest and face from about 3 foot away

oh flame throwing was a weekly event, wurth brake cleaner granade was a special occasion

Canned air is dangerous. Turn the can upside down, spray a pool and light it and you can't put it out as it's an oxidising agent. The heat makes the vapour expand too, so a 1 inch puddle will spread a few feet of flame
Colin

19th Sep 09 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd claim......fucking right, you might aswell benefit from your suffering.

Either way your mates wont get to keep their jobs so..........why not, you've nothing to lose & everything to gain!!

Big of cash in the bank for a house deposit/new car
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you were sat down. I'd have filled my pants.

Need to get some legal advice on that - You were only taking an innocent dump... Also can you contact the Sun? I'd love to read about it again next week.

Get well soon

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
lozarus

19th Sep 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you imagine the headline - Set on fire whilst taking a Shit.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will surely get in there. Just e-mail them your story

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
J da Silva

19th Sep 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is rubbing your bellend on a colleagues flask cup and sending someone for a glass hammer but this is a bit too far.
alan-g-w

19th Sep 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most people in here don't understand the banter in somewhere like a garage. Fair do's this has gone waaaayyyyy too far, but if they're his mates and it was an innocent mistake then fuck taking them to the cleaners. There's the usual slip, trip and fall claims but this is a bit different - he could fuck up his mates' careers.

I think you're being a stand up guy by not wanting to claim mate. But there's a line - if you're off work for months and you NEED to claim to get by, then you've got no choice and I'm sure they'd understand.

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by alan-g-w]
jr

19th Sep 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with alan
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I think most people in here don't understand the banter in somewhere like a garage. Fair do's this has gone waaaayyyyy too far, but if they're his mates and it was an innocent mistake then fuck taking them to the cleaners. There's the usual slip, trip and fall claims but this is a bit different - he could fuck up his mates' careers.

I think you're being a stand up guy by not wanting to claim mate. But there's a line - if you're off work for months and you NEED to claim to get by, then you've got no choice and I'm sure they'd understand.

Working in a factory is just as bad for the random shite they do mate, but the fact is his friends have been sacked, and they will have to explain why to future employers, so they are already fucked. The claim won't do them any more harm.
CorsAsh

19th Sep 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
There is rubbing your bellend on a colleagues flask cup and sending someone for a glass hammer but this is a bit too far.

That's not so hard
J da Silva

19th Sep 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's nothing less than ABH IMO RAC GTF AFAIK RSPCA.
alan-g-w

19th Sep 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

Working in a factory is just as bad for the random shite they do mate, but the fact is his friends have been sacked, and they will have to explain why to future employers, so they are already fucked. The claim won't do them any more harm.

I know what you mean. Just, as someone said, that if they're claimed personally it'll maybe fuck them up for years to come. As said, there's a line, and only lozarus knows where that is tbh.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly. 23 database queries in 0.0207479 seconds