corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool Vs Birmingham City
Robbo

User status: Offline
10th Nov 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Does there need to be contact for it to be a foul? If someone swings an axe at your head and you avoid it does that mean they can't be done for manslaughter?

Normally i hate diving but i think this time he just about gets away with it - why...if he had not have gone down then the player would have taken him down. The problem is if he had jumped the tackle then he would have got nothing for it. Jumping a dodgy tackle should result in the same as a dodgy tackle where there is contact.
Agreed in theory however had he stayed on his feet then Carsley probably wopuld have got the ball etc. Too spurioous to be judging what ifs but I agree with the notion
Tom

10th Nov 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Tis on there, and why did he have to dive? He shoud've genuinely let Carsley make contact, as he wasn't going to win the challenge.

As been mentioned a few times, if he would have let him make contact we might have ANOTHER player on the injury list
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Tis on there, and why did he have to dive? He shoud've genuinely let Carsley make contact, as he wasn't going to win the challenge.

As been mentioned a few times, if he would have let him make contact we might have ANOTHER player on the injury list

No chance that would've injured him. I've ridden tackles like that and I'm as hench as Peter Crouch.
Conway563

10th Nov 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Agreed in theory however had he stayed on his feet then Carsley probably wopuld have got the ball etc.

I'm not defending him and I'm only basing this on the stills as I've not seen a replay but surely if Carsley was going to get the ball he would have got it either way? I don;t see how Ngog falling over prevented him from doing so. The ball already appears to be past Carsley before he's on the way down

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by Conway563]
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impossible to say he wouldnt of got injured, and with out luck he would of. Anything could of happened - studs stuck in the turf and he does his knee ligaments, falls funny from the tackle and dislocates a shoulder, etc. all of which have happened to us in recent seasons.

And robbo, he was NEVER getting to the ball if he jumped or not.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carsley was never getting the ball IMO.
Tom

10th Nov 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Does there need to be contact for it to be a foul? If someone swings an axe at your head and you avoid it does that mean they can't be done for manslaughter?

Normally i hate diving but i think this time he just about gets away with it - why...if he had not have gone down then the player would have taken him down. The problem is if he had jumped the tackle then he would have got nothing for it. Jumping a dodgy tackle should result in the same as a dodgy tackle where there is contact.
Agreed in theory however had he stayed on his feet then Carsley probably wopuld have got the ball etc. Too spurioous to be judging what ifs but I agree with the notion

He would? Can I borrow your crystal ball please bob
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo has Wenger-Vision
Chrissy
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ttlkk4dKM8

>>>> Chris <<<<

Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i dont necy mean he would or wouldnt have, what i meant is had he stayed on his feet and carsley giot the ball then its not a pen hence why its too spurious to say it was an attempted foul. im talkign theory here rather than that actual example
Tom

10th Nov 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Robbo has Wenger-Vision

Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS watch the slow mo in that vid and carsleys foot is aboitu an inch from the ball so those of you sayign hes never gettign the bal...
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you like Tom
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

34s in
Cosmo

Robbo, in this situation he wouldnt of got to it if he jumped or not. He jumped so he wouldnt get a kick and thus went down. Had he of stayed on his feet the only thing different would of been him getting a kick.

His jump makes no difference IMO, it was a foul.

Outside of the box it would of been given and no one would of complained.
Nath

quote:
PS watch the slow mo in that vid and carsleys foot is aboitu an inch from the ball so those of you sayign hes never gettign the bal...

He wasn't getting the ball. Ngog jumping didn't change this.

Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Robbo has Wenger-Vision

Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ngog's jump sped up time yet slowed down carsely, and thus the ball moved faster away from his foot.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Robbo, in this situation he wouldnt of got to it if he jumped or not. He jumped so he wouldnt get a kick and thus went down. Had he of stayed on his feet the only thing different would of been him getting a kick.

It't a tough one. Because can there be a foul without contact? I get the concept, but not sure it can always be applied.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ngog's jump sped up time yet slowed down carsely, and thus the ball moved faster away from his foot.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I get it now.
Robbo

quote:

Cant judge a game on what ifs. If you cant see thats a dive then you need your eyes testing! He coudl have jumped it and lande don his feet and put the ball in the net maybe too, who knows. Cant judge on what ifs
Tom

quote:

.....Are right because he actually missed it!!

You've just agreed with the 'notion' above roberto now you're backpeddling because you know he was never going to win the ball, hence making eduardo's dive much worse ( )
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It't a tough one. Because can there be a foul without contact? I get the concept, but not sure it can always be applied.
Precisely, you cant judge what you cant see. I do agree with the concept but you cant apply it because who knows what woudl ahve happened. And either way, Ngog doesnt have to dive when hes in mid air either way, he can land on his feet if its a genuine "foul" and the decision would be given
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cant judge a game on what ifs. If you cant see thats a dive then you need your eyes testing! He coudl have jumped it and lande don his feet and put the ball in the net maybe too, who knows. Cant judge on what ifs

Its not a what if, its fairly clear he is nowhere near the ball, Ngogs jump does not speed up or slow down the ball or Carsley. It also does not change where Ngog is on the pitch other than his height so therefore its easy to see he would of been taken down should he of not jumped.
Cavey

10th Nov 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have to fall forward to avoid a tackle though, you can just jump upwards, or extend your stride slightly, not go jumping onto the ground

This was the exact arguement for the Educardo incident, that he dived out of the way of the tackle to avoid injury.

They were both dives, and I don't think any neutral person could deny that, obviously I expect fans to argue their point on it tho. But they're wrong

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City 24 database queries in 0.0170171 seconds