corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » School mates... Where are they now?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author School mates... Where are they now?
J da Silva

User status: Offline
12th Nov 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullying was something I never experienced, I wasn't a bully either, more of a vigilante if you like, if I saw a mate or someone I was fond if getting a hard time I'd often get stuck in and get a telling off from the teacher, but I was tough enough to have no come backs from it.

I used to fight alot but it was a mutual thing, the silly fools was always willing to take a good thump, but never a bully.
Ojc

12th Nov 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
That's shit, I hate hearing things like that. I never bullied anyone and never got bullied, ok we always had a war of words with the sanctimonious girls that used to grass us up for throwing PVA glue over the teachers jacket/back but I was having too much fun to bully people.

There was one lad in our year that got bullied non stop by the same old people, I actually remember feeling sorry for him one day. He was in our form and was waiting to get into our room, outside the usual suspects were taunting him then Alex my mate just went upto him and clouted him on the side of the face, that was the day I lost respect for Alex (now in the Royal Marines). Clark(e) never hurt a fly and was alright to talk to ok he was fat and smelt but he wasn't a bad lad.

I just think about how he must have really hated his school life much like you did and that upsets me.

It effected me badly at the time, I had the same mates from year 5 in the school before, and at the end of year 9 the same lads decided that popularity and being hard was more important, i didn't follow them so I became a target.
I forgot all about it over the summer holidays and when i came back into year 10 I remembered what had happened, was probably the worst experience I have ever had coming back to a place I hated and having no friends to talk to.
I started hanging around with another group of lads and kept ourselves to ourselves but soon enough I got targetted again, got attacked twice both in school by my ex-mates who watched and one main lad who thought he really was all that.
Teachers got us together and made us shake hands and said that it was all over now, which is wasn't

I started skipping school, even bought my first corsa at 15 and when i skipped school I always had something to do.
Managed to sruvive most of year 10, then hit year 11, got attacked again on my first day back, also started working at 16 and the lads used to come into work and try it in there aswell.

Felt alone and shit tbh, it came the day that I was fed up, so I got my old man to drop me off where the lad normally walks home, spotted him with 2 of his mates, i started walking towards him and I lost it, hit him in the face, was just soo angry that i knocked him down, no idea if it was the right thing to do of not bit it felt damn good.

It all went silent after that, still a few young lads who used to still give me lip but I just ignored it.

Last year I spotted one of them talking to one of my current mates, Im now twice the size of him, the shit scared look on his face was priceless when i approached him
It still slightly effects me, I went to college for a day, and couldn't handle it so walked out.

At the end of the day people bully and get bullied, and tbh Im glad I got bullied, as I wouldnt be who I am today, and am a much stronger person because of it.

See that suprises me as well, normally by Year 10 & 11 people have grown out of bullying people and tend as like you to start getting part time jobs looking to what the future brings. I find it pathetic that people would make a target of an individual and continue to attack them year after year.
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I hated them, weird thing was before it happened, I sort of knew something was going to happen, and it did.
At first my parents did tell me that it would all just stop when they get bored, but there was always something they could do, if I hadnt of hit the main guy I don't know what would have happened, and how it could of effected me differently.

Luckily I don't see most of them anymore, occasionally spot a couple of them walking around time to time, but Ive grown twice my size since school, and I took jiu jitsu classes as i felt i needed to have something to protect myself.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
J da Silva

12th Nov 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You see I laugh soooo hard when I see or hear all these cliche slogans, "If you're being bullied, tell your parents and teachers, then it will stop" or "Beat the bully, call this number". STFU and GAG! Just knock his head off, you can guarentee the teacher would have a word with the bully, he won't listen and will get wound up you've grassed him up and then give you some more fist.

Adam C
Premium Member

12th Nov 09 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, even though I was a big lad at a young age I didn't want to sort things through way of violence.
I had many meetings with me and the main lad with the head master, each time he told us that it was all to stop now and made us shake hands, as soon as we got out it just started all again.

Parents couldn't do anything, so I took it into my own hands, and one punch pretty much ended it all

Paul_J

12th Nov 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, worst thing imo you can do when you're being bullied is 'ignore them' they'll go away. They're picking on you because they think you're a weak easy target! If you don't rise to it and challenge them, then they will always label you as a weak target... If they see you get upset by it / angry - they'll do it more as that's funny (to them).

You did the right thing smacking the guy in the face! It may even make him re think the way he was treating you.

I got my nose broken when at college by someone like you, that I used to wind up. It completely changed me, I actually felt guilty for the shit i'd (well we as in a class of people) given him, we just did it for a 'laugh' but clearly the guy was upset about it. Waited outside for me and jumped me lol... He did ask for the piss ripping out of him though, as he was an absolute cunt... i.e. we had tried to be nice to him / his mate previously and he just told us to fuck off.

People who know my since, would testify for the fact I'm a really nice guy now, who wouldn't dare take the piss out of anyone.

As I say, I know what it's like to have been bullied and been the bully. It's a shit thing with schools, the way they're designed and the weird 'inside life' you get there, where popularity within School is what seems to be the most important thing in the world.
jonnysri

12th Nov 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
A lot of people at my school were posh stuck up twats so had a lot more friends outside school rather than at school. Still keep in touch with a few though

yeah i hope all the people from my year are dead. i didnt like school
Carl

12th Nov 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing football was a big help to my secondary school life. I played for the local team so when we moved up to secondary school I knew people from other schools in other classes.
Cruel places schools, if you don't know enough people it is easy to become the victim.
eddiewhiteley

12th Nov 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Playing football was a big help to my secondary school life. I played for the local team so when we moved up to secondary school I knew people from other schools in other classes.
Cruel places schools, if you don't know enough people it is easy to become the victim.

yeah same here mate, i played for the local team and the school team so knew loads of lads when we started high school.

although there wasnt any serious bullying in our year me and my mates were the ones who never got any shit off anyone, we knew all the so called hard lads and also were quite matey with some of the geekier(for want of a better word) lads. best place to be, slap bang in the middle
Carl

13th Nov 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

yeah same here mate, i played for the local team and the school team so knew loads of lads when we started high school.

although there wasnt any serious bullying in our year me and my mates were the ones who never got any shit off anyone, we knew all the so called hard lads and also were quite matey with some of the geekier(for want of a better word) lads. best place to be, slap bang in the middle

Same for me with the second statement too.Also the supposidly hardest kid in our year wasn't a cockhead, He was the kind of kid that would stick up for others if they didn't deserve their treatment.
Lawrah
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got beat the fuck up
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main reason I was bullied was because I didn't want to follow my mates into other groups, groups which where popular for being 'hard'.
So thats how I became a target, tried to keep myself to myself and lie low but that didnt help and it didn't help it with many others aswell.

We did have some nerdy lads in my class who where crazy though, used to pick on the girls who went out with the 'hard' boys, and took it too far on many occasions, so they really didn't help themselves.

Sam
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
You see I laugh soooo hard when I see or hear all these cliche slogans, "If you're being bullied, tell your parents and teachers, then it will stop" or "Beat the bully, call this number". STFU and GAG! Just knock his head off, you can guarentee the teacher would have a word with the bully, he won't listen and will get wound up you've grassed him up and then give you some more fist.

Agreed. Nowadays because of being scared of losing their jobs/being sued etc. teachers will do fuck all about bullies (not like they did much back in the days when I was in school LOL), best thing to do is just give them a dose of their own medicine, the cowardly oxygen thieves.

I remember back in first school when I first came to the UK from Australia loads of people wanted to hang around with me because they never had anyone in their school from there, but the jealous few picked on me etc., my mum told me to ignore them (useless advice) but one of them really had it in for me so one day I just gave him a really sharp kick to the stomach and he fell to the floor in agony. They sent him to hospital because apparently he is asthmatic and had (more) trouble breathing after that little incident... Since then he respected me and didn't pick on me again.

TBH he was a chav though so I suspect he's probably in jail or dead by now.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

13th Nov 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still see a few of my school mates, every year we speak that little bit less though.

Off the top of my head I don't think any of them have done anything worth talking about, a few are in Oz (original) and the others are either electricians builders bankers or plumbers.

I know of one who is a drunk, 1 who is a footy hooligan and is currently in prison and another who has gone all religious and is apparently becoming a priest.

My ex best mate that i had known since i was 5 who i had a business with till last year had a few music video's out on channel u and has been in a few big films and tv adverts, pretty crap tbh.

One thing i have noticed is all the girls that were fitties in school aren't so hot anymore and the uglies are now lookers
Ojc

13th Nov 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, same story everywhere. The ugly ones become fit, the fit ones get stinking.
Shell
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
I got beat the fuck up

I can't picture that at all.
Root

13th Nov 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most the people from my school (in my year) now have children and Im only 20...I think wtf? surely you can't be financially settled and be ready for kids yet? Then I kick myself and remember about the JSA and children benefits etc ;[ stupid country

[Edited on 13-11-2009 by Root]
Shell
Premium Member

13th Nov 09 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was an uggo in school.
SetH

User status: Online
13th Nov 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
I was an HEFFER in school.

pics, vids, cave drawings, spakka crayon illustrations
mattk

13th Nov 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main group of mates are still my school friends, I work with my dad so I dont really have any mates at work as such

we couldnt be more different from one another, the only thing we have in common is that we all like a drink, I think the fact we are so different is what keeps us all together, we can sit in the pub all night and just talk about the different things we do, speak to them and see them most days, go out with our g/fs together ect

MarkSport

13th Nov 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some mates died in car crash's etc, some have stupid amounts of children and the rest have moved away
Carl

13th Nov 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Yep, same story everywhere. The ugly ones become fit, the fit ones get stinking.

It didn't happen here which i'm gutted about as my brother who is 11 years old gave me that gem of advice around not burning bridges!
bigdan

14th Nov 09 at 03:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only keep in touch with 2-3 people from school

Scott-works for a air con company and pisses his money up the wall
Dom-on the dole and pisses his money up the wall.
Hally-works as a plaster also pisses his money up the wall.

i was a right cunt with people in school. i was the class clown 9/10 with scott so we were hated by teachers and we would pick on anybody in our class for anything i see some of these people now and feel like shit and apologize as i was a right dick

Most laugh and say its fine.

1 lass said i inspired her to lose weight as i started saying 'boing' when she was doing the 100m sprint in PE shes now a fatty again who works in mcdonalds
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Nov 09 at 04:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
I got beat the fuck up

:O

that explains the uglyness

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Nov 09 at 04:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was a true legend in school, everyone knew me or knew of me!

never had trouble with anyone.

only had 2 fights in school and 1 kicking during my school years

won the 2 fights with ease one ended with his face against a goal post that was a year 9 when i was in year 7 and he nicked my ball

other was a year younger and after i gave him a doing he threatened to get someone onto me! turns out the one that was supposedly coming after me is now one of my best mates who laughed at him at the time.

and the beating i got in year 10 or 11 put my status up again! group of 10 lads 1 tried to throw eggs at me, which i dodged twice then tried to throw me over a bridge into a stream. called him a dick. punched me. i threw him down. then his 9 mates punched me in the face one after another whilst i walked past.

safely say they all got pasted by the rest of my school within the next week

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » School mates... Where are they now? 23 database queries in 0.0148730 seconds