corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » CHampions League Thread sponsored by Cosmotronics Electronics - Sponsoring the Europa League

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CHampions League Thread sponsored by Cosmotronics Electronics - Sponsoring the Europa League
Cosmo

User status: Offline
24th Nov 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
tbh I think Liverpool should be granted a place in last 16 by UEFA. They are 5 times winner and are not in it.

And? Means jack shit, you've got to win the group games to be through and we didnt.

yeah your right.

Liverpool are shit

Hows the weather in Manchester?
will_doyle
Banned

24th Nov 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
tbh I think Liverpool should be granted a place in last 16 by UEFA. They are 5 times winner and are not in it.

And? Means jack shit, you've got to win the group games to be through and we didnt.

yeah your right.

Liverpool are shit

Hows the weather in Manchester?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/9
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Now, bearing in mind you only just managed to beat a team that is sitting in 6th place in a Hungarian league, where do you honestly think you will finish this season?

Just?

Im confused as from what I saw we had about 75-80% of the ball and were not troubled very much in the whole 90mins.

tbh they wernt either

So I imagined the goal? The two great saves from Gerrard? The save from Aurelio's header? The save from Insua? And a host of other random shots and headers.

forgetting the chances the part timers had aswell then are you?
Cosmo

24th Nov 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was after you just popping your head outside and giving me your personal opinion.
Limecat
Banned

24th Nov 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
1-0 is just a win, you cannot get any slimmer of a margin. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8372942.stm

Anyway, that was the secondary issue that has been and gone. My main question was where you think you will finish in the league? More importantly, why do you think you will finish in that position?

1-0 doesnt mean just What if the score was 1-0 yet the team had 1000 shots cleared off the line? Is that still just? Anyway, a win was neeeded and got, other results didnt go our way as I predicted.

And where will we finish? I think it'll be top 4 without a problem. Why? As we could not possibly have as many injuries for the remainder of the season as we have had so far this year.

I didn't watch it but it is JUST a win. Equally, as you say if they have 1000 shots and none cross the line then it is a draw, so you have only JUST won.

I honestly think you will come 7th. No chance of the top 4, anything above 7th is a bonus in my eyes.

Rafa has had long enough to mould his team and has made enough signings to have a fair back-up in terms of players but instead has dogshit like Ngog as the second striker. Mate, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
Cosmo

24th Nov 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not at all, they had one exceptional chance indeed.

Doesnt change the fact we didnt JUST win.

Anyway, it makes no difference if it was just or 100-0.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not at all, they had one exceptional chance indeed.

Doesnt change the fact we didnt JUST win.

Anyway, it makes no difference if it was just or 100-0.

sadly true. i really was hoping gerard was going to burst into tears though. cheating diving fucker he is. you lot will get found out for your pathetic diving in the box what with 72 officials one per metre that they have in the europa league.

cheating isnt to be tollerated. might aswell quit now.
Cosmo

24th Nov 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Rafa has had long enough to mould his team and has made enough signings to have a fair back-up in terms of players but instead has dogshit like Ngog as the second striker. Mate, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Ngog cost £1.5m and is 20yrs old. We have no money, zero, to spend on transfers and considering how Ngog has played and the goals he has scored its a good return on his cost. Its more than a lot more expensive players have scored this season.

You could of picked some better examples though and Id of agreed. Dossesa was a waste of money. Babel (in hindsight as he was a highly rated youngster) was a waste of money. Most others are performing to the level they cost us.

And its a bit of a myth that the papers like to print that Rafa has had all these millions to spend, as in reality he hasnt. He wasnt given a £200m budget at the start and told to go out and spend it as he sees fit. He was given his usual £20m + player sales for his first few years - to build a squad thats capable of winning the league and compete in the CL (which was a must as its where the £ is) which is not a lot of money at all.

Then the last few windows he hasnt even been given the usual £20m, he was given what he made in sales. How is someone who is chasing the league (i.e. not a top squad sat at the top seeing if others can catch up) meant to close the gap with nothing to spend?
Limecat
Banned

24th Nov 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, his approach to signings is little more than scatter-gun. He has signed Torres, Mascherano and Alonso that have been any good (Keane was a good signing, albeit apparently not his choice hence the fact he was ignored so you now have dogshit Ngog leading the line).

I am a believer in continuity but it is time for him to go. He has had 5 years to build a squad and has failed, miserably. They still rely on Carragher and Gerrard who were already there...5 years later!?!

Strange that Wenger can manage it on a lesser budget don't you think?
Cosmo

24th Nov 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cosmo, his approach to signings is little more than scatter-gun. He has signed Torres, Mascherano and Alonso that have been any good (Keane was a good signing, albeit apparently not his choice hence the fact he was ignored so you now have dogshit Ngog leading the line).

I am a believer in continuity but it is time for him to go. He has had 5 years to build a squad and has failed, miserably. They still rely on Carragher and Gerrard who were already there...5 years later!?!

Reina? Johnson? Agger? Kuyt?

Keane was his choice, he just wasnt his choice for £18m. He wanted Barry first for the bigger money and Keane if he could come in after that. Parry decided to buy Keane first and blew the budget so we couldnt get Barry.

And its strange you mention scatter gun and Wenger in the same post, as thats exactly how he works.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was this a penalty for debrecen?
Limecat
Banned

24th Nov 09 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Reina? Johnson? Agger? Kuyt?

Keane was his choice, he just wasnt his choice for £18m. He wanted Barry first for the bigger money and Keane if he could come in after that. Parry decided to buy Keane first and blew the budget so we couldnt get Barry.

And its strange you mention scatter gun and Wenger in the same post, as thats exactly how he works.

Any bellend can buy a decent International keeper, it is a far safer bet than buying an outfield player and fitting them into a team.

So if Keane was his choice, why didn't he play him? Toys from the pram as he didn't get Barry?

Johnson - Wants to be a winger, not a defender.
Agger - 'Oh, hi Torres, can I warm the injury bench next to you?'
Kuyt - I almost agree on. He isn't the most gifted player ever but what he lacks in talent he doubles in effort.

@ Wenger being scatter-gun. Just look at all the shit Rafa has bought compared to Wenger. Even Wenger realised his faults soon enough and binned off his 'fox in the box' Jeffers. Rafa Bellenditez still sticks by half the shit he has bought!
Cosmo

25th Nov 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Any bellend can buy a decent International keeper, it is a far safer bet than buying an outfield player and fitting them into a team.

How long did it take Fergie to replace Schmichael? And how many keepers did he go through?

And scatter gun Wenger hasnt managed to find one yet.

I'll reply to the rest in the morning, Im too tired now
strick206

25th Nov 09 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ liverfool, even if they win the milk cup they have still made themselves look like idiots again

Record in the league this season is abismal

And to top it off, they spend alot of the money from alonso on some injury prone sick-note who's probably on incapacity benefit (Toothpaste)

No matter how you look at it cosmo, benitez has spent a hell of a lot of money since he's been there, and has got fuck all to show for it, face it if he hadnt of won the CL in his first season he'd have been back in spain 2 years ago minimum
strick206

25th Nov 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate how the wanker never ever answers a question

All the time he just answers with some unrelated shit
Limecat
Banned

25th Nov 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but when have either gone out and bought an established International keeper?

Obvious exceptiona are Lehmann (who was in an undefeated attacking team anyway so can't have been that shit that year!) and Van Der Sar who had to spend about 4 years at a shit Fulham side.
Cosmo

25th Nov 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah but when have either gone out and bought an established International keeper?

Obvious exceptiona are Lehmann (who was in an undefeated attacking team anyway so can't have been that shit that year!) and Van Der Sar who had to spend about 4 years at a shit Fulham side.

How was Reina an established international keeper?

We signed him in 2005 aged 23 (he may actually of been 22 and just about to turn 23). He made his debut for Spain the same year we signed him, and has always been second choice behind Iker Casillas. So much so he only has 19 caps.
Limecat
Banned

25th Nov 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You soon woke up. That was a quick sleep.

Do you 'shut eye' as fast as your victims? Blink and it's gone.

Still a far safer bet as a keeper purchase than some of the other options out there (Barthez was always a twat!)
eddiewhiteley

25th Nov 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the life of me i just cannot fathom how cosmo thinks liverpool will finish top four "at least", probably even top three!

what reason is there to think they will finish ahead of tottenham, citeh or arsenal? the excuse of injuries wears a bit thin after a while, isnt this a squad game nowadays, which liverpool obviously dont have and that shows that benitez has not progressed the club well enough over the last 5 years.

anyway at liverpool, never mind im sure they will be back next year
mwg

25th Nov 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206

He is the king of question dodging
mwg

25th Nov 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes because thats a fair way to do these things.
Cosmo

25th Nov 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Surely thats Fetgie who just doesnt bother speaking to them?!
mwg

25th Nov 09 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Surely thats Fetgie who just doesnt bother speaking to them?!

its only the BBC "Fetgie" doesn't speak to
Robbo

25th Nov 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Then the last few windows he hasnt even been given the usual £20m, he was given what he made in sales. How is someone who is chasing the league (i.e. not a top squad sat at the top seeing if others can catch up) meant to close the gap with nothing to spend?

Wengers never struggled without spending £20m every transfer window Granted we havent consistantly challenegd for the title every season but weve been top for a good few weeks for the majortiy of the seasons hes been in charge.
Nath

25th Nov 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have I missed?

I assume Liverpool are through to the Knockout Stages?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » CHampions League Thread sponsored by Cosmotronics Electronics - Sponsoring the Europa League 23 database queries in 0.0204098 seconds