corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mistakes at work...
NovalutionGSi

User status: Offline
19th Jan 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by NovalutionGSi
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
quote:

What PLC systems you work on?

modicon, omron, siemens and a bit of allen bradley

Nice. We have Allen Bradleys at work, and some Bristol Babcock RTU's on transmission.

How do you find Allen Bradley? like the Tech support you get?? or you not a priority?
I personally favour Omron and Mitsubishi.

Dont deal with there tech support. I work in the maintaince department so only deal with them when they go wrong or small upgrades etc

At college we used mitsubishi which i didnt really get on with very well, but since getting on the Allen Bradleys at work, ive much prefered them.

your very very lucky then! Allen Bradley have "If your names not down, your not getting Support" look on life! one of my work mates does alot with AB and Siemens and has the same opinion of Mitsi, same as me, its a nasty package to work with compared to some of the other aviliable.

Modicon is Telemec, which is now Group Schinder.....They are taking over the world they are!
Half Pint

19th Jan 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
yep,

missed a deadline for cancelling a contract, which the company are trying to enforce, we are now arguing the last 2 years....

worst case we have to pay them the $2.6m

oops

well latest proposal is $1.3m so getting better.....
Fro

19th Jan 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive connected a water main into a gas supply before and filled the gas meter up with water, had water comming out of the ladys fire and cooker too

happens to every plumber in his life time, its a mistake you only make once, very very very embarrasing!

stu_c

19th Jan 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my biggest cost £27,850

i reversed the forklift into the warehouse without putting the door up fully causing me to rip through the door completley off hinges and when i jumped off the flt i for got to put the brake on causing the flt to roll down the little hill straight into side of our new van

i had an early finish that day
chr15barn3s

19th Jan 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
my biggest cost £27,850

i reversed the forklift into the warehouse without putting the door up fully causing me to rip through the door completley off hinges and when i jumped off the flt i for got to put the brake on causing the flt to roll down the little hill straight into side of our new van

i had an early finish that day

FLOL at rolling the Fork Lift into the van!

Ive not had to many, charged the odd invoice incorrectly so lost out on £500 probably over four years.

A few small ones when I worked in the warehouse at Sainsbury's. Ripped the pallet truck chargers off the wall once as I didn't realise I had driven over the cables. No chargers for 24 hours, oops! Another one was when I didn't notice the step ladder built into the trailer was not in properly and lifted the scissor lift up which tried to lift the back of the trailer. Bent the ladder so bad it wouldn't go in or out and it broke the lift I got them out of loads of other shit and saved them money at times so probably cancels it out.
aim1

19th Jan 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Ive connected a water main into a gas supply before and filled the gas meter up with water, had water comming out of the ladys fire and cooker too

happens to every plumber in his life time, its a mistake you only make once, very very very embarrasing!

My dad did the hot water pipe connected to the toilet...customer rang up to ask why their toilet was steaming.
Fro

19th Jan 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine that after a shit
Nath

19th Jan 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo

19th Jan 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

monty46

19th Jan 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havnt had any major mistakes personally but my mate worked in a garage selling tractors and trailers. Customer bought a trailer so my mate went hooked the trailer on to bring it to the customer who was at the bottom of the hill.
Hadnt hooked the trailer on properly it rolled back and pinned the customer between the door of his car
SVM 286

20th Jan 10 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know, i've not made a mistake at work.

J da Silva

20th Jan 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've made a few small errors, but any error I make costs me and me only so I've learnt from the little mistakes, think the worst boo boo has cost me about £500 tops.
harrisp

20th Jan 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aim1
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:

My dad did the hot water pipe connected to the toilet...customer rang up to ask why their toilet was steaming.

A bloke my boss used to work with one drilled through every load bearing beam on a new build house to run a pipe through, the whole roof had to be take off and a lot of the house stripped back.
Same bloke also managed to connect gas supply to water.
He also flooded someones garage which was full of brand new furniture.

A mate of mine has done the hot water to the toilet thing.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mistakes at work... 22 database queries in 0.0118032 seconds