corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » That Volcano Thats Disrupted UK Flights....

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author That Volcano Thats Disrupted UK Flights....
Hammer

User status: Offline
15th Apr 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The alternative is they allow you on a plane which might crash. I would be waiting personally.

That's the best bit about folk that are genuinely peeved, their alternative is going thousands of feet in the air with the potential of having no engines strapped to the aircraft that's carrying them
Cavey

15th Apr 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not complaining in the slightest, just a shame that after waiting 6 months for this holiday a highly unlikely event has potentially screwed it up.

I know that ash fucks up planes. Like i said though, hopefully if the winds stay going SE the West might clear enough to get some atlantic flights out. At least i know at home and i'm not stuck in an airport
sand-eel

15th Apr 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is strange is that they think everything will be ok tomorrow, the ash will magically get better, even though the actual volcanic activity is still increasing
Cavey

15th Apr 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and tbf most of the people i've seen on tv seem all right with it. It's the 24 hr. Stations interviewing people who are content going 'you must be really annoyed' and them sitting there going, 'well no, not really'
Hammer

15th Apr 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
i'm not complaining in the slightest, just a shame that after waiting 6 months for this holiday a highly unlikely event has potentially screwed it up.

I know that ash fucks up planes. Like i said though, hopefully if the winds stay going SE the West might clear enough to get some atlantic flights out. At least i know at home and i'm not stuck in an airport

Not aimed at you mate, If I was sitting in the airport boozer I'd be shouting the odds as well.
chr15barn3s

15th Apr 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This cloud is really screwing us up at work. I work in the freight industry so none of the shipments are going anywhere or stuck in places around the world.
CORSA NUT

15th Apr 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anyone say.........

Conspiracy
Gavin
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hoping that flights would start up again tomorrow morning, but then again... I think I would be slightly worried flying with traces of ash in the air and being one of the first flights to fly out in it.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Lawrah
Premium Member

15th Apr 10 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Did anyone say.........

Conspiracy

That is what I thought.
Cavey

16th Apr 10 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

restrictions in place till at least 1900 now 1 day of our holiday gone. damn volcano
Ojc

16th Apr 10 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon they set off the volcano to ground all flights so that the aliens can get through our atmosphere without being spotted.
Ben J

16th Apr 10 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It must be a shitter for those going on holiday but I'd prefer to wait than die!
alan-g-w

16th Apr 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Did anyone say.........

Conspiracy

That is what I thought.

I actually read through the full thread in case anyone had made any comments on this sort of shit. We should start a club and wear tinfoil hats.

[Edited on 16-04-2010 by alan-g-w]
Daimo B

16th Apr 10 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone actually enjoy seeing a ncie blue sky without any plane exhaust plumes lining the sky?

I live on the route to London Airport too so get lots of smaller jets flying over (not low enough to annoy) so its nice and quiet in the skies down here
Colin

16th Apr 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heliports shut again, good change i'll not be back on Monday now
Cavey

16th Apr 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i wasn't being affected by this i'd find it really interesting and would probably be happy with seeing the clear skies.

But it's ruining our holiday, and girlfriends brothers wedding will be forever marred by this now, which sucks massive balls.

More annoying that i've got no-one to blame, so just sitting here frustrated with no-one to at least vent to about it. Thomas cook can't even give us options if the flights do get cancelled, e.g. Re-arrange for tuesday or something.
stubbsy05

16th Apr 10 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ex is due to fly out today on holiday she paid for using the £350 she owes me.

Karma at its best!
Matty SRi

16th Apr 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get a refund on the flights i booked for my dad yesterday, Ryanair changed the site so you can go on and either change the flight dates or get a refund. would of a changed the dates but they only allow you to change the outgoing flight! so had to get a refund and gonna book for next month sometime.
Hope other people get sorted as easy
stuartmitchell

16th Apr 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I think were in a radio blackspot anyway with regards to ground control until we get in a good bit, only radio contact exists between the chopper & the platform!!

I was stuck on last trip due to fog, if I get heald back now due to a volcano then ive officially seen it all!!

Our guys were delayed in their crew change yesterday too bud but flew at 2am this morning! Hopefully you will get off too!
_Allan_

16th Apr 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy05
My ex is due to fly out today on holiday she paid for using the £350 she owes me.

Karma at its best!

lolz, my boss is also stuck in the US for another week
AlexSXI

16th Apr 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My family were mean't to be coming back from Florida tomorrow, they've just called and said their flight has been re-booked provisionally for Thursday Morning

Free House Still
CorsAsh

16th Apr 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I know that ash fucks up planes.
I get bored and pull bits off

[Edited on 16-04-2010 by CorsAsh]
_Allan_

16th Apr 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI
My family were mean't to be coming back from Florida tomorrow, they've just called and said their flight has been re-booked provisionally for Thursday Morning

That's were my boss is, home next Sat. Yay quiet week
AlexSXI

16th Apr 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:
Originally posted by AlexSXI

That's were my boss is, home next Sat. Yay quiet week

Long may it continue
AlexSXI

16th Apr 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elsewhere-

'All London Airports have been closed after a massive cloud of dust drifted into UK Airspace. The Cleaner of the Arsenal FC Trophy Cabinet has been arrested.'

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » That Volcano Thats Disrupted UK Flights.... 23 database queries in 0.0159378 seconds