corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Regional Groups
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 10 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do some enquiring, that would be epic, meet pretty central and find something to do for a weekend, encorporate WR so use no Vaux owners can come
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would prefer the individual regions were stronger first.

National stuff is OK but a national meet with enough cars to make it look like a regional that everyone has done moon miles to get to is in no-ones interest.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
I think the problem with EM is the counties it involves. Nottingham and Derby are right next to each other yet they are in different CS regions!

We have a monthly Seat meet, last weds of every month, same place, same time, always have 15+ cars turning up, and word is starting to get out so more and more new people are turning up. People go to that meet from Leicestershire, Loughborough, Notts, Derby and even Yorkshire! Had a few from Birmingham way before.

I think monthly meets, same time and place work well, as people know about them and can plan stuff around the meets.

Friends have also been known to organise bigger Sunday meets at Pubs/Country Parks where 50-70 cars turn up over a few forums. One of our best ones was at Rother Valley Park in South Yorkshire.

Yeah i know what you mean, those two counties next to each other but in separate CS regions & yet northants is classed in the same region as nottingham but its over hour and a halfs drive lol.

i have met a few of the notts lads last year when there was a meet organised and me/M sutton drove up, but when we tried arranging one closer for the northants lot no one from up your way fancied driving down due to the distance i personally find it easier & quicker driving over to the WM region (birmingham/Coventry) for a meet than driving upto nottingham So who ever is appointed the Regional Organiser it might also be an idea to stay friendly and keeping in contact with the neighboring Regions organisers too

Its getting late so struggling to read/type lol i'll check up on this topic in the morning

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair comment
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
We have a monthly Seat meet, last weds of every month, same place, same time, always have 15+ cars turning up
That's good but that may not be appropriate for every region on here. There are many regions, and it'll be the case on the Seat forum as well, that if you don't move the meet around, you neglect the people further away from that point in the region.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few of my mates is on SXOC, they go for meals and shit
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
it might also be an idea to stay friendly and keeping in contact with the neighboring Regions organisers too
Of course - NWNW have been over to Yorkshire a few times and also some of the other regions have had convoys to our yearly beach trip to Llandudno (which incidently is on again first Sunday in July)

I don't really want to move the region boundaries because it's a big job and still probably wouldn't be perfect. Appointing a few people to make a few threads and drive a few miles on weekend is actually less work. Hence this thread.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
The NWNW stuff is always about the dinner as well.
Danny W
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its a good idea that works and gets people talking I know Jay and the WM lads did a fantastic job of this sort of thing last year, usually followed by going for a drive/few photos

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah definatly is a good idea, i'm up for trying things to make Scottish meets succesful.

It's all about what the people want.
Danny W
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
it might also be an idea to stay friendly and keeping in contact with the neighboring Regions organisers too
Of course - NWNW have been over to Yorkshire a few times and also some of the other regions have had convoys to our yearly beach trip to Llandudno (which incidently is on again first Sunday in July)

I don't really want to move the region boundaries because it's a big job and still probably wouldn't be perfect. Appointing a few people to make a few threads and drive a few miles on weekend is actually less work. Hence this thread.

Oh yeah definitely agree with keeping the regions boundaries as they are or its a lot of hassle/confusion.
The comment was more aimed towards the fact that it'll be nice if everyone had a bit more enthusiasm and didn't mind a drive to the other end of the region once in a while

Yeah if there was a couple of more active RO's from different areas of the region we'd be able to do our local things as well as a proper regional meet once a month or something, we'd be able to drum up local interest and then have something bigger and more central

sorry lol im tired and keep waffling on haha

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
half the problem i bet in going to a meet is that you know nobody there. and lets be honest, nobody wants to be the odd one out sat in the corner on their own.

if pvs is anything to go by, there wont be any odd ones out
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 01:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do try and make meets, but struggle to get time. With my car not running right or work. I took over from lisa, then asked mike to take over whilst i was on holiday but never took the responsibility back from him. Didnt see the point as he is doing a good job and attends more than i do. Plus its probably not a good idea to have someone organising meets then turning up and fighting in the car park

I shall do my best to attend from now on and i dont mibd approachin the newbies. As long as i dont have to run after them like the last llanduddno meet.
Mertin

22nd Jun 10 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Scotland needs an organiser for the Aberdeen / Inverness area. Northern Scotland rather than Southern. Like danny said there is a rr day organised but its a 3 or 4 hour drive for anyone further than north than aberdeen
Cole

22nd Jun 10 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Cole
i did bring the subject of lack of organising of eets in the s/e at pvs and i have to say one thing about the se meets im not going to slate the organisers because when we do have a meet they are always good but we havent had one in the se region since january i nknow id dint go or i dont make many of them but thats for one reason they are always 5 mins from where the organisers live the wharf for example how far is that from jr 10 mins or so the other meets ive been to are all uo that way like i said im slating them as they always turn out good but it would be nice if they could come down a little more s/e like to the coast hastings etc

Most of the time the places we have agreed to are known places which we know will be alright and open and yes they have been convient for the organisers. Last time I said lets go to the Whalf and thats a good 45 minutes to an hour from me.I do completely understand though that our meets are so far from the coast. If we can organise a day somewhere near you and people will turn up then I think we should do it

I know that that the places that have been used are known and accept the car thing I'm not saying come to east bourne injustvtjjnk that they need to be spread out across the region we like a drive dont we but then i guess it's the same for most regions as they span such large areas how do you cater for everyone.
SamCorsaB

22nd Jun 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nobody has mentioned yorkshire yet probably because it is one of the worst. I organised our first meet in got knows how long had a good turn out, have not seen any sign of effort or even organisers :S
am4nf

22nd Jun 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I offered to organise for the south as did archie months ago....

[Edited on 22-06-2010 by am4nf]
am4nf

22nd Jun 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Callum
I think Adam - am4nf told me there was a meet in july but its when im on holiday, I think there needs to be more meets - say 2 a month and hopefully most people will have time to plan ahead for atleast one, ive seen Archie and Am4nf have arranged meets and think they would be pretty good for organising (obviously if they had time)

Adam is pussy whipped, i've never seen him at a show or cruise in the whole time i've known him.

So if Adams going to be organising Scotland we should get his mrs on to pass things with her first.

cheeky fuck

A was at crail last year
am4nf

22nd Jun 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Callum
I think Adam - am4nf told me there was a meet in july but its when im on holiday, I think there needs to be more meets - say 2 a month and hopefully most people will have time to plan ahead for atleast one, ive seen Archie and Am4nf have arranged meets and think they would be pretty good for organising (obviously if they had time)

Adam is pussy whipped, i've never seen him at a show or cruise in the whole time i've known him.

So if Adams going to be organising Scotland we should get his mrs on to pass things with her first.

Or if everyone wants it to constantly be in ayr

It was in ayr once
Iain M

22nd Jun 10 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna stick my neck on the line a bit here. When i first joined up NWNW was brilliant, Lisa, laurence Adam and that lot was a real good crack,even Melissa enjoyed coming . Then it just all stopped yeah the meets carried on but didn't have the same appeal to want to go. I mean i remember when NWNW was one of the biggest turnouts and we won to go go-carting.

I am as guilty as the next man for not turning up but i have got a wedding coming up (This saturday) so my time has been used elsewhere and even the car itself has been neglected al ittle. If we can have a good strong solid rep that will organise good stuff and is easily contactable - (Mike i see has this and couldn't agree more) then once July is over i promise to make more of an appearence.

Bring back that NWNW feeling.
Best of luck Mike.

[Edited on 22-06-2010 by Iain M]
Tom G

22nd Jun 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Mike

Nic get down NW
Archie
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam, a heard your burd phoned you as soon as you arrived and you had to go hom

IMO Scotland should have an organiser for northern and an organiser for southern.

I'm more than happy to do the southern area.

[Edited on 22-06-2010 by Archie]
Nath

22nd Jun 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Had a few but they do suffer from being in car parks or places where there's not much to do once you get there.

In fact some of them from years ago were actually massive. We did a Rother Valley one that wasn't even official but it was enormous. Plus retail parks prior to that.

Nothing recently though.

Rother Valley was epic.
Nic Barnes

22nd Jun 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go north west tom g but most meets are 130 or more miles away. Its a long way.
am4nf

22nd Jun 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Adam, a heard your burd phoned you as soon as you arrived and you had to go hom

IMO Scotland should have an organiser for northern and an organiser for southern.

I'm more than happy to do the southern area.

[Edited on 22-06-2010 by Archie]

Aye thats the one

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups 23 database queries in 0.0151451 seconds