corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: E92 M3 - 92 hours of hard work...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: E92 M3 - 92 hours of hard work...
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
5th Jul 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People spend thousands modifying their cars for it to add no value, these guys buy expensive cars and pay to keep them in brand new condition which results in a better price when it comes to re-selling them. They will spend less keeping it clean than you do modifying it, where is the harm in that?
BluKoo

5th Jul 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worst thing is, its not the first time we've had this divide due to a detailing thread.
Those who don't understand or fail to appreciate the work should just give up now and ingore any future threads.

Either that, or Corsasport should get a detailing section.
Nic Barnes

5th Jul 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this thread more of an advert? Product placement and all that? I prefer rich h threads as atleast he does the work himself.
BluKoo

5th Jul 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all. I know a lot of you guys enjoy reading these threads and thats why I post them up.

No offence intended to anyone here, but a corsa forum isn't exactly Polished Bliss's main target audience.

I've been on this forum for 8 years (bloody hell - I didn't realise it was that long). Its not like i signed up just to post the details.

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by BluKoo]
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
People spend thousands modifying their cars for it to add no value, these guys buy expensive cars and pay to keep them in brand new condition which results in a better price when it comes to re-selling them. They will spend less keeping it clean than you do modifying it, where is the harm in that?

thats fine danny, however if someone bought a gsi kit and speedlines for their corsa and paid 2.5k for them people would also question why they paid that much for them when you can buy them much cheaper elsewhere?
BluKoo

5th Jul 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor comparison.

I also said not to quote me on the £2500 price tag. I could be way off. I didn't even add the vat
Ojc

5th Jul 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Some of you are utterly clueless about detailing, what exactly can you not grasp?

92 hours and 2500 english pounds OJC

Truely excessive but it's been known to many that the top end detailers over exagerate on purpose to market their business, and it works. That Paul Dalton and his 5k detail managed to attract the well off to his portfolio and now he racks it in.

He recently done a 7k detail on a one of Zonda and again it raises eyebrows but those that can afford it instantly see the work and believe him to be the best and book him.

People sometimes do have far too much money I'm afraid.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say the average person would spend well over 2.5k modifying their car, only to sell it for cheaper once it comes to reselling it. People who have these types of car generally don modify them. I see no harm in keping their car immaculate if it is their pride and joy.
Nic Barnes

5th Jul 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
The worst thing is, its not the first time we've had this divide due to a detailing thread.
Those who don't understand or fail to appreciate the work should just give up now and ingore any future threads.

Either that, or Corsasport should get a detailing section.
i fail to understand 92 hours and 2.5k price. Rest i get. Can you help us all by explaining that? Perhaps then this advert can get moved to classifieds section?
BluKoo

5th Jul 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i fail to understand 92 hours and 2.5k price. Rest i get

£2500 for 92 hours work come out at around £27 per hour. Get it now?

I feel the need to repeat this once again. £2500 may not be anywhere near the real figure, it was just an estimation and possibly a conservative one at that.

BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

92 hours - take away a day for the interior, wheels and engine bay. so say 80 hours for the panels , lets say theres 10 panels on the car (roof, boot, bumpers, doors etc) that would still mean 8 hours per panel or something stupid like that I just cannot see how it would take that long to do this
mike56gte

5th Jul 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand detailing and it is great but i just dont think the human eye will notice anything between a few hundred pound detail and a 2.5k detail.
Nic Barnes

5th Jul 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i fail to understand 92 hours and 2.5k price. Rest i get

£2500 for 92 hours work come out at around £27 per hour. Get it now?

I feel the need to repeat this once again. £2500 may not be anywhere near the real figure, it was just an estimation and possibly a conservative one at that.

thats not what i dont get. I can do maths fine. What barnshaw said above is what i dont get.
mike56gte

5th Jul 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
92 hours - take away a day for the interior, wheels and engine bay. so say 80 hours for the panels , lets say theres 10 panels on the car (roof, boot, bumpers, doors etc) that would still mean 8 hours per panel or something stupid like that I just cannot see how it would take that long to do this

they maybe charge you for the time there at home and in there bed aswell
BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well when you actually think about it, theres only so much hoovering you can do inside the car and only so much leather renovator you might apply so interior is easy, wheels and tyres are not a biggy really, i imagine, degrease, clean wax etc. engine bay would be a case of degreasing or whatever and tidying up.

The majority of the time would be getting the panels upto standard but I just physically cannot see how one or two people could spend that many man hours doing it? I genuinely am interested to know how long it takes to do a panel on average or something.
Gavin
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome craftsmanship!!!

Yeah, its pricey stuff but come on... this is a car enthusiasts forum after all where we see a small % of owners who are more than prepared to modified and maintain their vehicles as best as they can! Within this environment are extremes exist... some people will try and justify spending thousands of pounds to gain an extra half second down the 1/4 mile, or that extra decibel from their ICE systems or customising their car so its barely recognisable.

I guess it comes down to one thing really... do you have the money to splash out on such luxuries? If you're owning a E92, R8, 911, Lambo etc etc then I'm guessing they aren't short on cash and spending 2k to get their cars looking 'showroom' isn't going dent their bank balance.

You can question Polishes Bliss' prices... but at the end of the day the company offer a service for those we have the cash and obviously want the best that's out there and willing to pay the premium for it! Could Polished Bliss justify the cost for such work in terms of effort + time + materials, I dont know... but you can say that for every product and service out there.

... and as a final note, without these extremes the car enthusiasts scene would be fairly boring!

pew pew pew pewwwww
CORSA NUT

5th Jul 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously doubt that approx. 70% of the rich people that get this done give a fuck about how much they are going to get for there cars when they sell them.

So that rules that excuse out.Plus i know some VERY wealthy people and one is my father in law.The reason he likes his cars clean etc is because he's a twat who likes to show off.
adiohead

5th Jul 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it not be easier to just get a respray?
Graham88

5th Jul 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you read the thread
adiohead

5th Jul 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Did you read the thread

I read it last night before page 4 existed
BYRON

5th Jul 10 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some really odd replies in this thread.
chrisritch

5th Jul 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no pics of daddys focus?
Jambo

5th Jul 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love a good detailing thread/argument
mwg

5th Jul 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome work.

Same old trouble makers out in this thread just trying to find an argument for something to do.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: E92 M3 - 92 hours of hard work... 23 database queries in 0.1059930 seconds