corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Icy brands hatch, vxr invasion and me having a doyle VIDEO page 3

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Icy brands hatch, vxr invasion and me having a doyle VIDEO page 3
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Dec 10 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember watching that unfold

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Edd

18th Dec 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutter

i would have been tempted to just let it go and not try to correct but thats hindsight obviously
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer in hindsight probably, at the time I just thought FWD slide power out of it and it will be fine

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the natural reaction is to save it. I always tell people if they lose the back end at Castle Combe, just let it go, you'll go infield and at worst you'll hit the overtaking board, yet at TVL, the back end stepped out on the Corsa and I just automatically tried to save it which flicked me off onto the outfield same as Gav but I got lucky and just did some grass cutting whereas Gav I think had less run off over an iced up gravel trap. Just wasn't his day.

It's weird, after my crash at Oulton, I seem to find myself feeling less sympathetic about track crashes and more like it's just one of the not so good parts of the hobby. Doesn't seem as bad if you expect it to happen at somepoint
Mike GSi

18th Dec 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats really unlucky that mate, theres a big difference in correcting a car when you're expecting/waiting for it to twitch etc and when it goes totally unexpected.

Re shell imo!
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im just good at picking bad moments to go off. Out of all the days ive done ive only left the track twice but written off a car on both occasions

[Edited on 18-12-2010 by gavin18787]

Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pstt, my mate is selling his ph1 172 soon

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
micra_pete
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missus once ran me over in her saxo ( a few years ag0
now) the car literally bent around me and i got off very lightly. they are very soft cars.

Glad your alright though gav, get another and get back out there!

[Edited on 18-12-2010 by micra_pete]
pow
Premium Member

18th Dec 10 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh Gav

On the point about Saxo's being weak, when you jaked Kirstys 106 up you couldn't open the other door lol!

I've never had a car do that!
AK

19th Dec 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ach, shit happens.... get back out there
Doug

19th Dec 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That yellow VX crashed as well didn't it?
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
That yellow VX crashed as well didn't it?

did it? Must have happened after I left. Think an E46 M3 had a barrier issue too. Think I came off best price wise

lee303

19th Dec 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to see that Gav, but don’t stress about it, its the only way to learn the limits! out of interest what tyre pressures did you run??
but yes, reshell it and use it as a track toy!

[Edited on 19-12-2010 by lee303]
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had them set pritty soft at 25psi cold

Nah not stressing this one wasn't stressful compared to the last one and hasnt cost me any money

Ian
Site Administrator

19th Dec 10 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That helps
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as I said if anything its made me money as its worth more dead

Although just be browsing for sale items could get all the parts I need to fix it for £70 just wont all be silver
Could be a proper track slag

Just not sure if its worth taxing and insuring two cars

Ian
Site Administrator

19th Dec 10 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course it isn't but your only other option is tow the track car, which won't be cheap either.

I thought you were already running the two cars? Or was the Civic off the road until the Saxo went?

[Edited on 19-12-2010 by Ian]
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Civic was uninsured locked in nans garage which is now where the saxo is

So I have a place to keep one. Towing isnt an option any more as the ctr cant tow.

In no rush so may just sit on the parts and have a think. Saxo body parts and shells are avalible all the time so thats not an issue

AndyCorsaSport

19th Dec 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had the money spare id buy the car off you as it is.
Jon_C
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Civic was uninsured locked in nans garage which is now where the saxo is

So I have a place to keep one. Towing isnt an option any more as the ctr cant tow.

In no rush so may just sit on the parts and have a think. Saxo body parts and shells are avalible all the time so thats not an issue

You have gone from breaking for spares to browsing for repair panels and considering replacement parts in just a couple of days. I see this being a full on track project by next week. I await the build thread
lee303

19th Dec 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well next icy day try them up a bit, the guy from yokohama explain to me that when you put more presssure in, the tread is opened out more so can move more so heats up faster, wen the pressures are lower the tread closes up so has less room to move about to heat up, but still, bit late now huh, chalk that one down to experience
gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Dec 10 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah my logic was working the other way, wet and slippy = softer in my head.

I see where your coming from now thinking about it

lee303

19th Dec 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

generally speaking with tyres you are correct, but patterns like the 48r and the toyo work like i said
Graham88

20th Dec 10 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nasty, easy to look back and wish you'd done things differently or see where you went wrong, but it's happened, looking back will only get you down!

I'm definetly on the fix up as best as possible to make it safe and have a track slag, but you are in the same predicament as me in the fact that if it's a pure track car, how do you get it to tracks!?
jr

20th Dec 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people drive race cars on the road ? mini and mr2 championship get extra points if they drive to and from the track iirc

lee srives his pure track car to the track ?, the reeves mk1 golf (possibly the quickest thing ive ever seen round brands) drives to and from track

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Icy brands hatch, vxr invasion and me having a doyle VIDEO page 3 23 database queries in 0.0186951 seconds