corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » this is why students anger me

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author this is why students anger me
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jan 11 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No,

They only pay it back if they earn over X amount, and part of it is govt. subsidised aswell so its no better then benefits scroungers
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they want to go out boozing, fine, but they should find a part time job like i did to fund it, theres no reason not to do this, even two evenings a week would cover the nights out. But they wont do this because it means they cannot bum around and be lazy

They want everything on a plate handed to them because they think they are the most important people in the country, hence why they have a shock when they leave uni and find themselve unable to find employment

[Edited on 09-01-2011 by Steve]
sand-eel

9th Jan 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but the "x amount" is quite low so unless they are utter shit at life, they will make the yearly wage theshold.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 11 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really i know quite a few people who dont work at all that have left uni.

A1EX

9th Jan 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One day some of them might be the most important people in the country
sand-eel

9th Jan 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to uni, got no burseries, grants, loans, travel expenses and had a part-time job, I throw in this information to make me feel like a big man!
LeeM

9th Jan 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

so your issue is with lazy people in general, its just easier for you to take it out on students
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep the ones going to do a proper course which i have no issue with at all, from what i have seen these are also the people that generally dont piss around all the time spending there money on nights out and pics for facebook.
sand-eel

9th Jan 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But surely they still have 50 years left of life to pay it?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 11 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

so your issue is with lazy people in general, its just easier for you to take it out on students

yes i suppose you could say that, however the majority of them are students well they are in my circles anyway
antnee

9th Jan 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will put this out there,

In my flat, there is 6 of us, 4 have jobs, 1 guy is living off savings and I have been looking for work.
antnee

9th Jan 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

yes i suppose you could say that, however the majority of them are students well they are in my circles anyway

What about all the people on benifits?
antnee

9th Jan 11 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My loan has just come through, big session tomorrow night!! (tbh Im drinking now!)
noshua

10th Jan 11 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its meant to pay for tuition and/or living expenses!

There's two loans you can take out - tuition and maintenance. The latter being to live on.

What does it matter if someone spends their money on alcohol? It's no different to them spending it on fags or more expensive food.
antnee

10th Jan 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started drinking about 10mins ago
Neo

12th Jan 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh

quote:
I'll have my letter soon so I'll be able to open it. Not after loads just fancy that grand so I don't have to save up for the holiday goin Ibiza so need lots of spends

from

http://c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=588831
LeeM

12th Jan 11 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha it's ok, I'm Doing a proper course so I'm ok!
Anyway, that's an overdraft not a loan. Though I'll probably pay my overdraft back with part of my loan, spend that on beer and then go back into my overdraft. So technically none of my loan will go on beer

[Edited on 12-01-2011 by LeeM]
ed

12th Jan 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A grand a term isn't a lot to live off of, if you spunk it all before you even start then you're going to be in a bit of trouble.
DaveyLC

12th Jan 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
So....stay with me here......

You were in a situation where your accommodation was covered and fee's were not an issue. This is the same case for the students that get loans. It is to cover their accommodation and fee's.

Are you telling me that you did not go out on the piss at all while you were enrolled at the universitys?

Don't get me wrong. I fucking hate students now. I mean I really do. More than I can express here. But you cannot hate them for doing what everyone else does at that age. They will pay their loan back so it is no different to someone taking cash out of their overdraft in order to go into town for a few drinks.

If you don't like the way the loans are funded then that is an issue to rant to the government about. Not to slate the students for.

I'm not knocking the people who "NEED" the money but lets be fair here if they can afford to "PISS their loans away" they could afford to not have the loan in the first place! There are far to many people who think higher education is just about the social life, they all get a shock when they wake up and join the real world.
LeeM

12th Jan 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
A grand a term isn't a lot to live off of, if you spunk it all before you even start then you're going to be in a bit of trouble.

I've got a decent enough job to live off, just. Loans will make me comfortable again, overdraft pats for holiday
Fonz
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am no ones camp, i would like to think my opinion is neutral and as such can see both points of view.

uni life is the first chance for most to do what they hell they like and sod the consequences at a time when these young adults want exactly that, independance and freedom

at the same time big adult responsibilities are set upon in terms of the reason they are at uni = for an education/degree.

if a student drinks/smokes/shags their way through uni they are slated for not taking uni seriously and wasting their loans

if however they study hard, avoid the distractions of uni life they could be accused of missing out on the "uni experience"

damned if they do and damned if they dont!

although i agree with T Blair's "education education education" speech it did nothing to improve standards, facilities or intellegence of the british education system/student, grades and pass % keeps going up, yet industry experts say exams are easier and graduates have little knowledge or skills.

the system only provided a ready made one way route to uni only the basis that more students going to uni is a good thing for the country......

RichR
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whole UK Education System is flawed anyway TBH, right from grass roots to PHD
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
i am no ones camp, i would like to think my opinion is neutral and as such can see both points of view.

uni life is the first chance for most to do what they hell they like and sod the consequences at a time when these young adults want exactly that, independance and freedom

at the same time big adult responsibilities are set upon in terms of the reason they are at uni = for an education/degree.

if a student drinks/smokes/shags their way through uni they are slated for not taking uni seriously and wasting their loans

if however they study hard, avoid the distractions of uni life they could be accused of missing out on the "uni experience"

damned if they do and damned if they dont!

although i agree with T Blair's "education education education" speech it did nothing to improve standards, facilities or intellegence of the british education system/student, grades and pass % keeps going up, yet industry experts say exams are easier and graduates have little knowledge or skills.

the system only provided a ready made one way route to uni only the basis that more students going to uni is a good thing for the country......

its easy to do both.

study hard, and get a p/t job to cover "the uni experience"

ed

12th Jan 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you still live with your mum and dad?
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what in gods name has that got to do with anything

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » this is why students anger me 22 database queries in 0.0711029 seconds