corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Andy Gray and Richard Keys are now Lads

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Andy Gray and Richard Keys are now Lads
mwg

User status: Offline
26th Jan 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
oh, sorry boss

Apology accepted.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy

Men get the piss taken on loose women etc and we dont compain!

was thinking about this earlier
they laugh at men for not being able to iron and shit like that

same sort of thing except they do it live on tv

How is it the same thing?

They poked fun at a trained professional who is doing a pretty good job by the look of it purely because she was a women. I like offensive jokes if they are funny and in the right spirit - what these guys said wasnt even funny, and certainly didnt seem like it was tongue in cheek. What gives them the right to question any officials ability to do their job- they are just a pair of nothing hacks. Football doesnt need Gray to survive, nor does Sky Sports - he is a piss poor commentator - why on earth would they try to protect him, it just reflects bad on sky if he is allowed to stay...... the guy is an idiot...I work in sales, but I cant walk out the back of the shop and make lewd remarks to a female collegue just because its not in earshot of a customer...im still at work, and im still representing the company, he will have signed a workplace standards contract that he will be in breech of.

You have to feel sorry for the lino' who is now not able to work until this has all blown over, and will also now have the media spotlight on her everytime she is involved at the top level of football .... how is that fair on her? Mr Gray is clearly too thick to engage his brain before he speaks - good riddence to the idiot.

oh so its ok to make sexist comments as long as its not about the persons job?
Hammer

26th Jan 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every single guy that went to the game would have said the exact same things.

Very much along the same lines of every single girl that went to the game making comments about footballers legs.
Ben J

26th Jan 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But not in an environment where it could be recorded, and not when they are a supposed role model.
Russ

26th Jan 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As i've said before, she had one big call, and got it bang on, last night, 3 men officials waves away a peno..
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just lads being lads for christs sake. This is what happens. If they were saying this live on air fair enough but they were off air and should be able to say WTF they like! Some little scrote shouldn't be there recording them and then making it public. It's a farce.
Hammer

26th Jan 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
But not in an environment where it could be recorded, and not when they are a supposed role model.

He's a commentator and former footballer, not an official or the President of the United States.
Hammer

26th Jan 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
As i've said before, she had one big call, and got it bang on, last night, 3 men officials waves away a peno..

She might be the best official the world has ever seen but she's still a female and will be subjected to the same banter every female is in a male dominated environment.
Tom

26th Jan 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gray trying to luanch a legal battle with Sky some employment law expert on the local radio this morning saying he doesn't have a leg to stand on

A nice freefall into obscurity ala big ron is just what the doctor ordered.
Dr Pepper

26th Jan 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant excuse him - he fucked up, everyone knows from watching him that he is a bit dim - now its cost him.
He is not just a commentator - he is the joint face of sky football - he gets paid to represent the sky football brand..... there would be big ramifications if he wasnt sacked .. from a sponsership point alone.

A few of you seem to be missing the point that he has been sacked for making lewd remarks to a colleague - not just for being disparaging and offensive about an official on two occasions(that he has been caught- I suspect there are more). None of us would get away with that - in a high profile job for a multinational you have no chance of hanging on.

I dont think he would be in half as much trouble if what he said was actually funny - it wasnt, it was the oldest most boring joke in the book that women dont know the offside rule - If he had of actually come up with something witty I dont think he would be getting flamed as much.

I dont believe every fan in the stadium was thing the same thing. In the lower leagues you often get female lino's, disables lino's ect ect - nobody even comments on it if they are good --- all real football fans want is good officials, I personally dont care if they are male or not....I wouldnt watch womens football but I have no problem with them officiating male football if they are the best option.

Snooker players, tennis players ect dont seem to have a problem with female officials - why does Andy Gray? And why on earth would he feel the need to make unfunny, nasty jokes about them while he is at work being paid to represent sky football ....because he is a dumbass- thats why

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Hammer

26th Jan 11 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nasty jokes I love how people are uber PC when it backs up their own argument.

Yes he has a duty to represent his company in the best possible light and yes he fucked up by being caught but in no way is he any different to 99% of football loving guys the length and breadth of the country.

Sacking him (I don't even like the guy btw) is extremely harsh.
Dr Pepper

26th Jan 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Nasty jokes I love how people are uber PC when it backs up their own argument.

Yes he has a duty to represent his company in the best possible light and yes he fucked up by being caught but in no way is he any different to 99% of football loving guys the length and breadth of the country.

Sacking him (I don't even like the guy btw) is extremely harsh.

He is fucking different- hes at work!! And his job is being paid millions to front sky football - and if you take that job it comes with certain conditions - one of those is that you cant alienate half your viewers and piss off the F.A and the professional referres association and your colleagues

You cant go into work and critisize female employees because of their sex, then go up to a fitty and ask her if she can tuck your tie into your pants .... and then expect to keep your job.
He is not a footy fan- he is paid vast sums of money as an employee of sky to face their football coverage - he can not, and should not have beeen behaving like this.
The fact he did tells you how stupid he is.

Jimmy car, gervaise, Boyle ect will get away with offensive jokes as they can make people laugh, and people know the joke is coming from someone who doesnt really believe in what he is mocking....its all about context - Andy Grays 'jokes' were not funny - they were shit - and just came accross as pretty nasty - the kind of joke my granddad would make about darkies or women - he didnt know any better, but then he wasnt being paid millions to front sky football so we just ignored him.

Seriously - we didnt lose a cure for cancer here- we lost Andy Gray - and idiot who didnt know when to keep his mouth shut. He wasnt even good at what he did.

Hammer

26th Jan 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And there we have it.....your personal opinion of him has clouded your judgement

I hate the cunt, he played for Rangers ffs, but still he didn't deserve to be fired for a couple of stupid remarks.
Tom

26th Jan 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer i'm 100% with Dr Pepper on this one i'm affraid, personal opinion or not if I made those comments at work (in a serious manner) i'd be seriously in the shit too.
mwg

26th Jan 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bosses are worse than us for lewd comments about women Its ace
Dr Pepper

26th Jan 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
And there we have it.....your personal opinion of him has clouded your judgement

I hate the cunt, he played for Rangers ffs, but still he didn't deserve to be fired for a couple of stupid remarks.

You dont seem to understand...it doesnt matter if you think he deserved it or not.

He had to be sacked - under the terms of his contract and due to the extremely negative impact his words would have had on sky sports as a brand. For sky it is a purely financial decision ... keeping this idiot would cost them money, viewers and would severly dent their football product.

I hate sky, but I dont see they have any choice here - Grays comments were so dumb that he had to go as soon as he had been found out - im not saying he deserved to have those comments leaked... but if you are paid as a major broadcaster you shouldnt be saying things like that on or off camera - you will get done eventually. You cant have private conversations at work - I mean you can ,but you dont have any right to stop others listening to them if you make them in the company of others or a mic.

He has got no one to blame other than himself - he fucked up

Jamie Walby

26th Jan 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

They poked fun at a trained professional who is doing a pretty good job by the look of it purely because she was a women. I like offensive jokes if they are funny and in the right spirit - what these guys said wasnt even funny, and certainly didnt seem like it was tongue in cheek. What gives them the right to question any officials ability to do their job- they are just a pair of nothing hacks. Football doesnt need Gray to survive, nor does Sky Sports - he is a piss poor commentator - why on earth would they try to protect him, it just reflects bad on sky if he is allowed to stay...... the guy is an idiot...I work in sales, but I cant walk out the back of the shop and make lewd remarks to a female collegue just because its not in earshot of a customer...im still at work, and im still representing the company, he will have signed a workplace standards contract that he will be in breech of.

You have to feel sorry for the lino' who is now not able to work until this has all blown over, and will also now have the media spotlight on her everytime she is involved at the top level of football .... how is that fair on her? Mr Gray is clearly too thick to engage his brain before he speaks - good riddence to the idiot.

What do you mean she won't be able to work? She ran the line in a match the next day!
Dr Pepper

26th Jan 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:
quote:

What do you mean she won't be able to work? She ran the line in a match the next day!

she was pulled out of a game last night after Gray went...and is not expected to be put on the line at the weekend either
Fro

26th Jan 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jokes going round about last night aswell
Jamie Walby

26th Jan 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:
quote:

she was pulled out of a game last night after Gray went...and is not expected to be put on the line at the weekend either

I did not know that! Why has this become so massive? She probably couldnt give a fuck what he said
Aaron

26th Jan 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keys now considering his future at Sky....which means he's going to walk soon.
Tommy L

26th Jan 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keys is a bit of a lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7noqN6SOI
Aaron

26th Jan 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keys gone. Super Sunday is going to be interesting
Tommy L

26th Jan 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sake. Jeff and Jamie it is then

At least it's FA Cup weekend

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by Tommy L]
Marc

26th Jan 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeff

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Andy Gray and Richard Keys are now Lads 23 database queries in 0.0170991 seconds