corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I think there is something wrong with me

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I think there is something wrong with me
Paul_J

User status: Offline
11th Mar 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I have to agree with Steve

I get the feeling sometimes that the people who are having kids / settling down young, do not have anything else to live for. e.g. They don't earn much money / have a job and therefore won't have the chance to much else in their life. Essentially wasters.

Then there's another half of society, who generally try to achieve at life, do things they want to enjoy, live their dreams. These people often do want kids, but want to wait / never feel ready ...

I expect loads of older 'parents' this generation.

Although unfortunately in the meanwhile the doll / jobless scum will continue to breed and have two kids by the time they're 15.

Pmsl. What a load of bollocks.

I'm 30, got a 2 year old. I eran good money, my wife earns a very good salary. We've both been to uni, lived "life". Also both travelled extensively and seen the world. And have no intention of that stopping. Where do we fit in?

[Edited on 11-03-2011 by Ben J]

[Edited on 11-03-2011 by Ben J]

You're not really the example 16 year old I was talking about

I'd say 28-37 is a good optimum time to have kids... Lets you live your life enough and still raise a family.
e.g. AK - 32, done loads in life, achieved plenty, kids will add to his life and not hold him back in anyway

P.S. when I've previously mentioned achieving things in life, I don't mean wealth, house, cars, job, travelling etc... I just mean, achieve the things you've always wanted to learn and do - whatever they may be.

e.g. I wanted to go traveling, I wanted to go racing, I want to learn several languages, play several musical instruments, master a profession, start a successful business, master several sports, live in some interesting places around the world, meet some interesting people, make some impact in the world and yes one day, settle down / have kids.

My original argument which people have jumped all over, was towards people who don't try at school, have a kid at 16, then are on the doll / in council house for their life - while their kids repeat their pattern. Ultimately though, for some people that's maybe all their dream in life is ... so each to their own.
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never wanted kids.

I'm far too selfish and I know 100% I would be pissed off if I had to do without to pay for something for the kid(s)

Slate me all you want, that was my choice and I made it

I also worry about things in general far too much. The thought of having a kid out there would send me to an early grave
Eck
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Paul you have a strange outlook on life. There's more to life than a job and 6 figure salary.

Exactly... you need to go live it. Do things. Travel the world. etc.

I guess it comes down to what your aims in life are. It's like when you speak to people who say they'd get bored if they won the lottery. Clearly they live very boring lives already and have no aims they want to achieve.

When you have kids, you really stop living your life and start living for your kids. That's fine if you've lived a good life and done the things you want to do...

I'm not against having kids, I just think for the 'educated' / ambitious people in this world who want to go and do things they've always wanted to do - they'll end up having kids far later than the average person.

I'm almost positive you're on crack. First you call people who want kids "wasters", now you're saying the intelligent people will have kids later in life? Are you for real?
Paul_J

11th Mar 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
e.g. I wanted to go traveling, I wanted to go racing, I want to learn several languages, play several musical instruments, master a profession, start a successful business, master several sports, live in some interesting places around the world, meet some interesting people, make some impact in the world and yes one day, settle down / have kids.

and since I've barely achieved any of that yet - I like Steve, would not want kids yet.
Nath

11th Mar 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On crack
Paul_J

11th Mar 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm almost positive you're on crack. First you call people who want kids "wasters", now you're saying the intelligent people will have kids later in life? Are you for real?

I think you take some things you read too literally.

P.S. yes, I'm on crack - gotta live life.
Jake

11th Mar 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I like Steve, would not want kids yet.

bit off topic saying you like steve

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » I think there is something wrong with me 22 database queries in 0.1123002 seconds