corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mortgage...?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th May 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Taking out a mortgage with a loan for the deposit is effectively a 100% mortgage and banks don't offer them anymore for a reason.
The reason is that they're unable to recoup the liability because they've lent the same or usually in that circumstance, more than the house will realise.

If you offer 90% and the buyer bolsters that with other sources, you've still mitigated the recuperation cost.

So it's not strictly the reason.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
You dont have to be an expert to tell someone who has kids ... they would be refused a mortgage, lol.
Relevant?
Dave

User status: Offline
8th May 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't help but notice the deafening silence of the OP since being offered a full time job.

[Edited on 08-05-2011 by CorsaDave]
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A what?
Dave

8th May 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
A what?

I'll get used to this phone eventually.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, I'm only here after a complaint which is why I'm also replying. That may be the reason he's not been back.
Colin

8th May 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A complaint about what exactly that he didnt get full supportive comments towards buying a 5 bedroom house 100% on tick while working 16hr weeks??
Chris x

8th May 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, a complaint about people being offensive high horse twats, which I'm in the middle of upholding.
Dave

8th May 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
A complaint about what exactly that he didnt get full supportive comments towards buying a 5 bedroom house 100% on tick while working 16hr weeks??

The lad got some stick but if you are going to admit to leaving a full time job to get a part time one and letting the government top up your wages what did he really expect?
BarnshaW

8th May 11 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colin said.
Colin

8th May 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Constructive encouragement i'd prefer to call it. Ok he maybe took a slating but i'm sure i'm not alone in saying that i'd rather see the guy get on & into full time work & get that pad than struggle off hand outs & dreaming!!?
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, and there's a nice way of saying it.

A concept which fails a great many of these wise people.
Lawrah
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It comes down to utter lazyness. Bone Idle.

These people dont deserve nice.
BarnshaW

8th May 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian can i just say in the politest of ways, only the other day in the thread with gardenspoon you called him a "cunt" and a "dickhead" so really again you cant moan at other people when you do exactly the same thing yourself
Nath

8th May 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No sympathy tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't agree it's laziness.

There is generally a financial reason to stay in that position.

Working under 16 hours means you continue to claim housing benefit, job seekers, whatever is available.

Obviously that is mathematically better than going over 16 because you then need to work 30+ to be on the same money.

Working 20 you are down, for example.

That's a systemic issue, not a personal one. And the solution is vote and present a case to exceed the lower end of the wages scale. Not be offensive and derogatory on the internet.

I completely agree with the sentiment of the thread - getting a mortgage whilst capping your earnings to a small hourly value and relying on the benefits to remain in order to pay the mortgage, while simultaneously overlooking other bills is somewhat short-sighted.

But I wouldn't be such a cunt. It's just maths.

[Edited on 08-05-2011 by Ian]
Jake

8th May 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main problem with these lads is they instantly want to be 5 rungs up the job ladder earning 80 or 90quid a day, and it dont work like that
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
ian can i just say in the politest of ways, only the other day in the thread with gardenspoon you called him a "cunt" and a "dickhead"
Different situation. I know you won't agree because you haven't already, but being stuck on benefits is entirely different to registering on a web site just to take the piss, as that other guy did.

This isn't just about using the word once and instantly everything else being similar.

[Edited on 08-05-2011 by Ian]
Colin

8th May 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fine but personally i'd be embarrassed to do so. I'd want to take a FT position cleaning bogs & work my way up to something better than take the easy route to nothing!? There are jobs out there. Ive had to graft to get a decent one it wasnt laid out on a silver platter to me.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, I agree.

But you're all being very nice now because it's me making the point that there's a reason to stay down there.
Colin

8th May 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think ive ever not been nice in here???

Ian
Site Administrator

8th May 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

8th May 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DEEEY TOOOK RRRRR JAAAAWBS
Dave

8th May 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But he walked out of a full time job. there is the main issue surely. If he was made redundant or had to give up work for a time due to illness/injury that's different but he chose to give up his job and milk the system.

I'm guessing as it was under minimum wage he was on some sort of apprenticeship/training scheme but there was nothing stopping him taking a second job to top up his wages if this was the case. I know of many people who used to do evening bar work or a weekend job to up their earnings whilst training.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » mortgage...? 22 database queries in 0.2456641 seconds