corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Punishment to fit the crime

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Punishment to fit the crime
sc0ott

User status: Offline
15th May 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, hence why i said they would need to change a shit load to make it work.
sc0ott

15th May 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rational decision being prison with sky, xbox, pool tables to say the least.

You keep referring to these 'other' countries but we are not them.
Like i said things would need to change big time regarding the system of how they deal with finding people guilty.

[Edited on 15-05-2011 by sc0ott]
Rickavo

15th May 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't have a death penalty without a certain way of finding whether or not they are guilty

And untill all the idiots in here are in the position of faceing jail or as they would have.. death row, when they are infact not guilty, you wont understand.
sc0ott

15th May 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which leads back to the whole changing the system.
Obviously it wont change over night.
Lynny

15th May 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
They would need to obviously change a shit load to make it work such as more evidance of someone doing the crime before punishment.
Are you for real, why would someone who kills another person have the right to appeal?

because they might not have done it ...that not a good enough reason?

because we dont live in iran, or soviet russia ect ect

Thats why i said more evidence.

have you any idea how much evidence is colated in the average murder? EVERYTHING is photographed, recorded, dates, times, etc etc. The process file and exhibits list are huge! It's not as simple as 'just getting more evidence', in any sort of rape, murder (which automatically goes to at least DS level), ALL possible evidence is collected.

In relation to the initial post, I think the downfall here is that most people replying are honest, intelligent people who live right, a lot of serious offender don't have that rational mindset; the punishment doesn't deter them at all. I'd personally be mortified to go to jail, some love it and are happy to spend their lives in there. People who've got addictions, mental health problems or simply don't know any better don't tend to weigh up the pros and cons of offending, they just do it without thought. A stricter punishment system may deter some petty criminals, but would be far from fixing everything.....IMO
sc0ott

15th May 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean in terms of who is convicted not how they take the evidence or the procedures. I mean if they are 110% certain who done it then BOOM they will be brutally punished.
We are talking as if it could actually happen when it wont due to a number of things.
End of the day i would agree to it and it seems the ones getting punished more are us car / bike owners where as fuck all changes to the junkie / dole bum who get charged every week because they cannot handle their buckfast. Clearly there is money to be made so they may as well hike the fines up.
Rickavo

15th May 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there was a way in which you could be 100% sure theyre guilty then yes capital punishment would be good for murderers/rapists/pedos
MoesTavern

15th May 11 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I mean in terms of who is convicted not how they take the evidence or the procedures. I mean if they are 110% certain who done it then BOOM they will be brutally punished.
We are talking as if it could actually happen when it wont due to a number of things.
End of the day i would agree to it and it seems the ones getting punished more are us car / bike owners where as fuck all changes to the junkie / dole bum who get charged every week because they cannot handle their buckfast. Clearly there is money to be made so they may as well hike the fines up.

You have to be '110% certain' before you convict them in the first place, and how do you determine degrees of guilt like that?

'This bloke's guilty of murder, but we're not 100% sure so we won't execute him, but this other one is well nailed on so it's the chair for him'. Ridiculous.

Dr Pepper dropping righteous truth bombs up in this bitch. The only sane poster in this thread, it would appear.
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well compare a rape victim case where they dont actually have much evidence against some sort of murder that was caught on camera which shows you clearly who the suspect was.

Could you get anymore of his cock in your mouth?
tintin

16th May 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, can of worms has most deffinatly been opened.

MoesTavern

16th May 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well compare a rape victim case where they dont actually have much evidence against some sort of murder that was caught on camera which shows you clearly who the suspect was.

Could you get anymore of his cock in your mouth?

What do you mean 'compare a rape case to a murder'

What the fuck are you talking about? It's never black and white like that you idiot
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caught a big one there

I gave 2 examples of situations in terms of 'evidence'. One having video footage and the other relying on the victim of rape telling the truth and not just because they lost their virginty to some 53 year old, which can easily lead to a wrong decision.
Lynny

16th May 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You clearly have no idea about the British legal system. A rape enquiry is taken as seriously as a murder in terms of evidence etc. Any 'victim' of rape is put through hell as they are presumed of lying until proven otherwise. The conviction rate for rape is seriously low as unless they are totally sure, the 'offender' will be found not guilty. Main reason why a lot of women won't report it.
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which can still lead to a wrong decision. Which comes back to what i already said about the system having to change some way in order for it to work.
Doesnt mean it wont work, it just means things would need to change.

Imo thats crap. I think the main reason they dont report it is because they dont want anyone to know, whether it be friends, family or the police. I think the last thing on their minds is whether they will be question like a terrorist by the police.
Lynny

16th May 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Which can still lead to a wrong decision. Which comes back to what i already said about the system having to change some way in order for it to work.

Imo thats crap. I think the main reason they dont report it is because they dont want anyone to know, whether it be friends, family or the police. I think the last thing on their minds is whether they will be question like a terrorist by the police.

well your opinion is fine, my opinion is based on 2 years in the police investigating rape, speaking to victims and my personal experiences of the offence be it through friends or whoever.
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And from your experiences, what do you think about the punishment system the uk has? not harsh enough? criminals doing things after being released from jail so they are sent back in because they prefer the life inside. surely thats enough to say its like holiday camp to them.
Lynny

16th May 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I definately agree that in some ways it's far from harsh enough, nor the deterent it should be, but that's not to say I think we should go to the other end of the scale and start killing people, two wrongs don't make a right
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Capital punishment. Give the criminals a taste of their own medicine.
Non mental people who kill others for fun should be shot dead. Nothing will bring back victims lives and those who think its wrong to go to such extent should be killed as well.
Lynny

16th May 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should be killed because I disagree with your views?! Did I read that right? You're winding people up yeh?
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it appauling they get away with murder when you consider prison in the uk can be better than the real world, and then the people who think they have rights to be kept alive because what they did isnt bad enough, those who are mentally stable.
Lynny

16th May 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's very black and White in your world isn't it? Why do you think so many people try to kill themselves in custody? Sometimes it's easier for them than living with their actions. I don't agree with capital punishment, and I don't believe in easy prison life. I think they should be made to work, American chain gang style, out doing the really crappy jobs and making a difference, picking litter, gardening for the elderly etc. It's called restoritive justice and it's getting more and more common.
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you think picking up litter and gardening is crappy jobs?
Its also called community service around where i live, where they do things like painting fences etc. Hardly tough going is it. Out in the sunshine, fresh air and all that.
Lynny

16th May 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean restoritve justice where they work to pay back a debt to victims/families. I'd say standing at the side of the M1 picking up litter is a crap job yea
MoesTavern

16th May 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How would you change things sc0oot?

It's fine saying 'they have it easy, hang the bastards I know what I'd do with them ooooaaaagghhhhh!!! etc etc. You sound like my dad.

Saying that stuff is easy. I challenge you to come up with a solution. That way you might start to understand what it's like for those in charge, who actually have to sit down and think how to make this stuff work realistically.
sc0ott

16th May 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
I mean restoritve justice where they work to pay back a debt to victims/families. I'd say standing at the side of the M1 picking up litter is a crap job yea

Imo theres not enough work in the world that would cover a persons life.
If i was jobless i would be happy doing a bin mans job. Motorway maintenace have teams who pick up litter at the side of motorways who are perfectly normal people. Stick a murdered out there the chances are they will try and run.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Punishment to fit the crime 22 database queries in 0.0141931 seconds