corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who Smokes?

Poll: Who Smokes?
  No
  Yes

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who Smokes?
smcGSI16V

User status: Offline
15th Jul 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've smoked for 16 years now. Mostly rollups.

I couldn't give a fuck what peoples veiws are on it to be perfectly honest. I enjoy it, it doesn't bother that I have to be herded into areas outside in public to do it as I don't smoke indoors at home.

So long as the government still take their tax cut people can't moan about it.
Same as the fuel excise duty, tax on alchohol etc. If they stopped charging so such high tax the government would lose so much money in funding.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Jul 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to smoke, I stopped about 5 years ago.

When my mum was diagnosed with cancer last year I was very tempted to start smoking again but considering smoking causes lung cancer and having seen my mum on chemotherapy and in constant pain/many "down" days etc. I thought sod that and decided against smoking again.

Nowadays I just comfort eat when I'm stressed.
Nick-S

15th Jul 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None smoker.
Nath

15th Jul 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
and non-smokers come outside with you on their breaks.

Fuck that.
gez bay

15th Jul 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the % has shocked me tbh, thought alot more smoked than that, dont know why

[Edited on 15-07-2011 by gez bay]
Hammer

15th Jul 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
quote:
Think it's a filthy habit personally. Socially unacceptable as well these days.

'Socially unacceptable'?

Can't say I agree with that tbh.

Society has ostracised smokers, how can you not agree with it? It is illegal to smoke indoors in a public place, smokers are herded outside in the elements like criminals. That's about as socially unacceptable as you can get.

The Goverment has ostracised smokers. I view socially unacceptable as being looked down upon for doing it, having to go outside for a fag hardly means you are viewed as some kind of social pariah. Everyone still does it, and non-smokers come outside with you on their breaks.

What sort of idiot goes out to breath in the recycled smoke from a bunch of smokers?
Jambo

15th Jul 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN
bubble

15th Jul 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i go out up town, when i go for a smoke, ill always ask a bird for a lighter, and make sure i accidentally on purpose touch her hand when getting the lighter. then start a convo.
Jambo

15th Jul 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

15th Jul 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people want to smoke then they should use e-cigs.

Tobacco cigarettes actually contain alot of highly harmful substances even long-term smokers don't know about. According to the Cancer Research UK site, among the 4000 harmful chemicals in tobacco cigarettes, some of them are:

Ammonia (Toilet Cleaner)

It is used as a flavouring and helps free the nicotine from tobacco and turning it into a gas. Helps you absorb more nicotine, keeping you hooked. Found in dry cleaning fluids.

Benzene (Pesticide/Petrol Additive)

This is a colourless cyclic hydrocarbon which is obtained from coal and petroleum, used as a solvent in fuel and chemical manufacture. It is contained in cigarette smoke. Known to be highly carcinogenic and linked to leukaemia.

Acetone (Nail Polish Remover)

Fragrant volatile liquid ketone which is used as a solvent, for example in nail polish remover. It is found in cigarette smoke.

Formaldehyde (Embalming Fluid)

A colourless highly poisonous liquid, used to preserve dead bodies - also found in cigarette smoke. Known to cause a severe problems such as cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.

Tar (Roads)

Particulate matter drawn into lungs when you inhale on a lighted cigarette. Once this is inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker's lungs.

Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons

A group of dangerous DNA-damaging chemicals which set cells on the road to becoming tumors.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) (Car Exhaust Fumes)

An odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas, rapidly fatal in large amounts - it's the same gas that comes out of car exhausts and is the main gas in cigarette smoke and formed when the cigarette is lit.

Lead (Paint)

A dense metal with many industrial uses such as paint. Highly toxic, it stunts your growth, makes you vomit and damages your brain. Others you may recognize are :

Arsenic (rat poison), Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)

In 2008, toxological tests were performed on electronic cigarettes and they were found to be much less harmful than thetobacco cigarettes. Further scientific tests in 2009 have shown them to be safe.

It's important to note that only electronic cigarettes which have had rigorous testing done on them can be considered safe. Just make sure that when you buy an electronic cigarette that it's an official brand like Gamucci, Milano or Njoy. Recently, there have been many cheap and untested Chinese imitations flooding the market. These imitations can potentially be extremely hazardous to your health so we would advise you not to buy them!

Electronic cigarettes are rechargeable and refillable so you'll save a fortune in the long run.

You can use the electronic cigarettes to smoke in areas with a smoking ban.

There is no flame, no tobacco and no nasty carcinogens so you can smoke without harming others around you, and places where smoking is banned.
MoesTavern

15th Jul 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

'Socially unacceptable'?

Society has ostracised smokers, how can you not agree with it? It is illegal to smoke indoors in a public place, smokers are herded outside in the elements like criminals. That's about as socially unacceptable as you can get.

The Goverment has ostracised smokers. I view socially unacceptable as being looked down upon for doing it, having to go outside for a fag hardly means you are viewed as some kind of social pariah. Everyone still does it, and non-smokers come outside with you on their breaks.

What sort of idiot goes out to breath in the recycled smoke from a bunch of smokers?

What you've seriously never seen that happen?
scoob
Premium Member

15th Jul 11 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only when im on fire, boom
andys sxi
Premium Member

15th Jul 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

non smoker

April 08 feature car
Stuart H

15th Jul 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 a day , only 20 years old , really need to give up
Hammer

15th Jul 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

'Socially unacceptable'?

What you've seriously never seen that happen?

My work is in the jakiest part of Glasgow and only the old women that's been there since the dawn of time and the bosses son smoke. No one would ever dream of following them to the back door whilst they smoke
sc0ott

15th Jul 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clubs have outdoor seated smoking areas.
Loads of Non smokers use it because its either too hot inside or for some fresh air.
sc0ott

15th Jul 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inb4thefreshairinasmokingareacomment.
BarnshaW

15th Jul 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally agree that most me and my mates smoke and any people that dont usually end up waiting outside with us, dont force them but the majority still go out regardless.
JonnyJ

15th Jul 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, lots of my mates smoke and there is no way im sitting in the pub like a loaner whilst they go outside

Stupid smoking ban means i have to sit outside in freezing temperatures in winter
Jake

15th Jul 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Aye, lots of my mates smoke and there is no way im sitting in the pub like a loaner whilst they go outside

Stupid smoking ban means i have to sit outside in freezing temperatures in winter

strike up a conversation with a random you socially unawkward cunt
JonnyJ

15th Jul 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You havent seen the pubs I frequent jake. You dont want to be talking to anyone you dont know around here.

[Edited on 15-07-2011 by JonnyJ]
Jake

15th Jul 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take your top off first so they talk to you purely out of fear
JonnyJ

15th Jul 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows that working out for you mate?
Jake

15th Jul 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put it this way i didnt get 67 facebook for doing nothing
Rob R

15th Jul 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoke about 15 a day at a the moment. Stopped for a year, moved to a non smoking depot....and started smoking. Pressure got the better of me and it was a quick easy release. That was 3 years ago, stopped for 3 months couple of years ago then started again.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who Smokes? 23 database queries in 0.0163481 seconds