corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved out at 23.. Its a real eye-opener, more than you can imagine before you do it.

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
People are generally rubbish at saving tbh.

Won't rent (stigma of 'dead money') but won't save either = can't move out.

Makes me laugh when people say that and then get a 90-95% interest only mortgage

If you can't put down a decent deposit and get a repayment mortgage with a decent rate it actually makes more sense to rent initilally as it gives you the opportunity to save a deposit.
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Also this government make it impossible for single mums to better themselves.

Oh bull.. There are just far too many single mums with no back-bone.

There are pleanty of women with a career and kids who live a good life and provide for their childern, they just werent 16 year old hoe-bags!
pow
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

165k for a flat twice the size of my bedroom at home. I'm saving, I'll move out when I'm ready thanks.
spencer88

15th Nov 11 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is what you get in Newquay:

Studio for £70k
http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-for-sale/details/id/JFDJ9932313/

Small 1 bed flat for £85k
http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-for-sale/details/id/NBLE8349031/

Take in to consideration the need for a 20% deposit.

So that is £14k, for the studio, leaving leaving £56k to mortgage. That is about £330 a month.

Then council tax, £70.
Services: £100

So £500 a month easily gone before food and general living. Put food on top at a minimum of £200 a month.
Others such as insurance and tv licence, maybe £50 a month.

So £750 a month minimum ish to move out, after saving 14k, to live in a studio apartment.

or I can live at home/ or work unit for £150 a month, and only food on top.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
165k for a flat twice the size of my bedroom at home. I'm saving, I'll move out when I'm ready thanks.

Bit harsh on your parents isn't it?
Laney

15th Nov 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
So £750 a month minimum ish to move out, after saving 14k, to live in a studio apartment.

Welcome to life as an adult
pow
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Bit harsh on your parents isn't it?

I have their full support.

You'd never ever ever ever ever ever be able to own ANYTHING for less that 100k here. I'd go as far as saying 125k. I'd be gone from home if I could!

I understand luxuries like Costa/2nd car/weekends away would have to go when I do move out as well, before anyone starts.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by pow]
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88

So £500 a month easily gone before food and general living. Put food on top at a minimum of £200 a month.
Others such as insurance and tv licence, maybe £50 a month.

Welcome to reality!

£750/month is CHEAP!
pow
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could move out on 750 a month once again I'd be gone. To do it on my own I'm looking at 1.5k. So to go HALVES with someone that's 750.
Eddx14xe

15th Nov 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even to buy a two bedroom council flat here its 110k.
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Even to buy a two bedroom council flat here its 110k.

Oxymoron?
John

15th Nov 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are you calling a moron.
pow
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eddx14xe

15th Nov 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How? If it was in a decent area then fair enough. But when its in a block of flats on the worst/roughest road around thats alot.
emicen

15th Nov 11 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by morpheus22
29 and still at home. would love my own gaff but your looking at 25k deposit for a average place round here.

i allways thought renting was dead money?

i havnt really looked into it enough to understand everything tbh

Average place in Sheffield costs you £250k, you couldn't find something a third of that?

Average UK houseprice is 241k. So I'd suggest the dellusion here is thinking your first home should pretty much be the same as your parents. (Especially seeing as Sheffield is a dive )
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If I could move out on 750 a month once again I'd be gone. To do it on my own I'm looking at 1.5k. So to go HALVES with someone that's 750.
Not meaning to pick on you deliberately Pow but that is laughable! I live on my own in a brand new flat in Canary Wharf and it costs me not much more than £1.5k a month. I lived in a massive 2 bed flat near Oxford which cost me exactly £1k a month with full Sky etc.

It can be easily done.
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All you people goign on about owning places are in dreamland, those days are over and renting is a part of life now. People need to stop thinking of it as dead money and realise it is the way of life for the majority of people these days - the continent is majority rented with only corporations and people who have inherited owning houses
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Robbo but you are a full on corporate slut with your big flash city boy job, you've sold your soul.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the NWO comes into play I'll be welcoming the ladies and gents from CS to come to the farm and have a caravan pitch in return for crops, gold bars, firearms, livestock and women.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by willay]
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Yeah Robbo but you are a full on corporate slut with your big flash city boy job, you've sold your soul.
lol a long time ago matey! FYI i am not a city boy my socks are blakc for a start!
Jed D

15th Nov 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was out at 16, im 23 now and have lived in 7 rented or council houses/flats
cant understand anyone at the age of 18+ living at home unless their virgins or mentally disabled
they obv get their backsides wiped

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Jed D]
Sunz

15th Nov 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Can't afford to buy on my own.

Rent?

I don't think you will ever have enough if you go down the renting route, don't see the problem living with your parents or parent if they are okay with it and you don't get in each others way.

spending £800 a month paying for someone else mortgage isn't going to help you on to the property ladder.

As for council housing, waiting list is massive and unless you have children or some big medical issue you will be waiting years.
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved out at 23. I'd been saving money for about 7 years prior to that, and at quite a rate too. The money saving wasn't for anything specific at the time, but, when it came round to getting my flat, it worked out well.

A lot of people moan about having no money to save. In my opinion, it’s because they either do have a shite wage, or, they need to trim down on many of the luxuries in life (such as expensive cars, expensive clothes, even shit like stupidly high mobile phone contacts. Also, things like nights out!)

IMO, we've been brought up as a nation who expect to have everything given to us on a plate. A consequence of this is that we think we have the right to own what we want and do what we want. We don’t. Things need to be worked for, and, you can't have it all. Either live life to the full and forget about things like owning a property (unless you're Robbo of course), or, trim down on some things in life and then realise that "dream" of owning a property.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Aaron]
LeeM

15th Nov 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
All you people goign on about owning places are in dreamland, those days are over and renting is a part of life now. People need to stop thinking of it as dead money and realise it is the way of life for the majority of people these days - the continent is majority rented with only corporations and people who have inherited owning houses

what about retirement? surely gonna have to work till the day you die if you never buy a house
pow
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Not meaning to pick on you deliberately Pow but that is laughable! I live on my own in a brand new flat in Canary Wharf and it costs me not much more than £1.5k a month. I lived in a massive 2 bed flat near Oxford which cost me exactly £1k a month with full Sky etc.

It can be easily done.

I don't even bring home 1.5k a month FFS so what do you expect me to do, live in a the negative for the rest of my life? Fed up of hearing about your brand new flat Canary Whaft, well done to you

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.0148981 seconds